Yes, Im a Sky Blue - But Why? (1 Viewer)

Alright people, name's scott!

Just thought I would take the opportunity to take this time to introduce myself to the forums as im new here.

But aye, anyways - as you can tell by username, Im scottish.
I dont live in England, never have. I support my local team in the SPL - Kilmarnock.

BUT - Im also a massive Sky Blue fan aswell which seems to be strange to alot of people.
Especially up here, when most people support all the major clubs in England.

I've never understood why Coventry was the team for me, but it just was..
For a while I jused to think it was becuase of the similarites between them and my home town club Kilmarnock.

If you look at Coventry's "old" crest and compare it to Kilmarnocks, it's got alot of similarities and also it's another "blue" team aswelll.

But aye, just thought I would explain myselfm and see what people think about it.
I get the top every season, buying online ofcourse. Still to see them! But im sure one day, il vist Ricoh!

But aye, what doe's people think and is there anyone else in the same boat as me?

Hugh Jarse

Yes welcome.

I get the top every season, buying online ofcourse. Still to see them! But im sure one day

You will if Kilmarnock get promoted to Division 2, coz that's where we'll be next season unless we sort out some new players!

torchomatic

Welcome Scott. During the early to mid nineties me and my mate used to go to Scotland a lot to see football. We never went near any Prem grounds though apart from coincidently, Kilmarnock. We went to loads of lower league grounds and saw some cracking matches - and bones - those lower league Scots' defenders were bloody mad! favourite ground was Arbroath. Lovely. Worst was probably Cowdenbeath or Albion Rovers. We went to QoS mostly though as it was the "nearest". We could do it in four and a half hours if we were quick.

"Our" team though was Raith Rovers and I miss my trips to Starks' Park. Still have a lot of the shirts I bought including the Morton "tartan" kit and the Wet Wet Wet sponsored Clydebank shirt.

I understand why you chose a team like us. Just like I chose Raith! All the best.

torchomatic

Ah, the glamour. The Scottish equivalent of Harry Shaw.

Taken around 1991 from what I remember.

Attachments

• QoS.jpg
    QoS.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Covstu

my auntie lives in Killy but most of my family are from Govan so big gers fans! I always liked Cowdenbeath just because of the name!

wingy

Wanted to post on this thread much earlier but once bitten twice shy ,after that Mustafas Beard fellow mackem jerk .:welcome:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And the italic thing? I dont know, I just like a little bit of class!

Just finished work, which was why there wasnt a reply until now boys. Im sure one day Il see Coventry, defo.
Would love to see a pre-season game Kilmarnock v Coventry City. Be awesome.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And the italic thing? I dont know, I just like a little bit of class!

Just finished work, which was why there wasnt a reply until now boys. Im sure one day Il see Coventry, defo.
Would love to see a pre-season game Kilmarnock v Coventry City. Be awesome.

I'm off back to St Andrews next year and will be making trips to Carlisle and Hartlepool (trying to rope in my Rangers die hard of a friend into joining too!) if you want to tag along. Hibs are my second team as it goes-be seeing you at Rugby Park next season ;) :welcome:

Last edited:
I'm off back to St Andrews next year and will be making trips to Carlisle and Hartlepool (trying to rope in my Rangers die hard of a friend into joining too!) if you want to tag along. Hibs are my second team as it goes-be seeing you at Rugby Park next season ;) :welcome:

Im in ayrshire mate. Would 100% be interested if it was possible. Yeah, you will be! (Aslong as im not working!)

Brighton Sky Blue

She's agreed to come along provided it's on during uni time-in any case, I'll be coming via Edinburgh way and the more the merrier. I know a Killie fan at uni as well as 2 Ayr fans-tasty rivalry you guys've got!

She's agreed to come along provided it's on during uni time-in any case, I'll be coming via Edinburgh way and the more the merrier. I know a Killie fan at uni as well as 2 Ayr fans-tasty rivalry you guys've got!

Aye, it's a good! Only two professional teams in ayrshire, but because Ayr's in the second devision and we're in the Premier League, it only comes around so often.

We got them in the League Cup Semi-Final at hampden this season on our way to lifting the trophy and ofcourse we won! ;)

Was some day!

Brighton Sky Blue

Been in Scotland since 2008 (except this year's jaunt in Brighton) so I've had a real taste for it-as I say Hibs are my second team but I've actually been up the way to Dundee plenty more times (and Dens Park at that, what a dump!). My friend keeps promising to take me to an OF before I graduate; hopefully Rangers still exist next season ;)

Been in Scotland since 2008 (except this year's jaunt in Brighton) so I've had a real taste for it-as I say Hibs are my second team but I've actually been up the way to Dundee plenty more times (and Dens Park at that, what a dump!). My friend keeps promising to take me to an OF before I graduate; hopefully Rangers still exist next season ;)

Old firm games are crazy, especially if you have a "preferance". Been to one myself, something you will always remember, but if it was up to me. Rangers wouldn't be in our league next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've got friends on both sides of the divide but to be honest, Celtic don't appeal to me with all the fake Irishness they attract and their tendency to behave as Irishmen rather than Scots. Rangers as a club should not be punished for the actions of Craig Whyte alone, but at the same time, such huge criminal action shouldn't be unpunished-so I understand both arguments.

I've got friends on both sides of the divide but to be honest, Celtic don't appeal to me with all the fake Irishness they attract and their tendency to behave as Irishmen rather than Scots. Rangers as a club should not be punished for the actions of Craig Whyte alone, but at the same time, such huge criminal action shouldn't be unpunished-so I understand both arguments.

Im not going to start my rant about Rangers :) But feel free to pm me, if your interested in it!

But aye, Coventry are my English side! Im going to magaluf in two weeks. Planning on wearing the Coventry top <3

Hugh Jarse

I've got friends on both sides of the divide but to be honest, Celtic don't appeal to me with all the fake Irishness they attract and their tendency to behave as Irishmen rather than Scots.

Plus they've got that ginger mental twat as a manager.

Brighton Sky Blue

Im not going to start my rant about Rangers :) But feel free to pm me, if your interested in it!

But aye, Coventry are my English side! Im going to magaluf in two weeks. Planning on wearing the Coventry top <3

Haha, I've heard the lot already! I'm looking forward to another afternoon at Dens' Park at any rate-seen a few cracking games over there :p

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My Scots team are Celtic. :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread