You ever been the first person in a stadium? (1 Viewer)

R

RB1992

Why anyone over the age of 18 would want to get in the ground even slightly early is beyond me.

Stumble out of the pub around 2:55, if we're very lucky we may even miss the first 15 minutes.

Wheelfass

I once nearly got to a game that wasn't even a part of the fixture list
When I was very young my Dad - after reading the Telegraph after work - dragged me over our local Gosford Green to go to an evening game. Half way across the green, and on realising the floodlights weren't on he dragged me back home again.
What he'd read on the back page of the Telegraph that evening after work was that we were going to be play playing Nottingham Forest..........at the "City Ground" !!!!!

CJ_covblaze

Where was that CJ and when?

Hull and Dundee were two of them. Didn't have a hotel booked as I was just going to get one when I got there along with trains/flights the next day. Thommo gave me a lift back on the team coach both times. Did on a few other midweek long haul trips too. The club lost a lot when he left. Some may say one man is never bigger than any club. He was the club though. It just isn't the same any more. Not sure if it will ever be that way again.

Users who are viewing this thread