Young players Last Night (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Think both Shipley and Maycock deserve some praise for their contribution lats night. Shipley looked really assured at LB, and it was important in us being able to stretch the play. Two willing full backs tying to get forward. Also think Maycock made a big contribution, a midfielder willing to carry the ball 15-20 yards further up the pitch and pass forward. If injuries to players are bad, then I don't think these young lads will be overawed by it all.

torchomatic

Yes, both were excellent. I was really impressed with Pearson too last night, thought he looked commanding and actually knew what he was doing.

skybluegod

Yes, both were excellent. I was really impressed with Pearson too last night, thought he looked commanding and actually knew what he was doing.
Yep very commanding and vocal, and Andreu when he dropped into CM looked really good, think it has to be him and Doyle/Kelly , rather than the two together.

Nick

Administrator
Yep very commanding and vocal, and Andreu when he dropped into CM looked really good, think it has to be him and Doyle/Kelly , rather than the two together.
I'm glad robins read my posts saying that yesterday, even if it did come about due to emergency circumstances with andreu dropping into cm :)

SlowerThanPlatt

I really like Maycock as a player. He's someone who I think will always go under the radar in games due to his languid style and his nack of clever interceptions which sometimes doesn't get appreciated in football. He's never going to score or create much, he just does his job, tackles and intercepts, then gives it to the players further up the pitch, nothing fancy.

skybluegod

I'm glad robins read my posts saying that yesterday, even if it did come about due to emergency circumstances with andreu dropping into cm :)
That must have been it Nick, think I saw the Assistant manager on skybluestalk in the dugout. Must have thought, 'this Nick guy is a genius, never thought of dropping out most creative player into CM' :yawn:

skybluegod

I really like Maycock as a player. He's someone who I think will always go under the radar in games due to his languid style and his nack of clever interceptions which sometimes doesn't get appreciated in football. He's never going to score or create much, he just does his job, tackles and intercepts, then gives it to the players further up the pitch, nothing fancy.
I agree, clearly a player who does the dirty work, just not in the same style as Doyle. Think there was one moment that typified him really well second half, where he knicked the ball on the edge of our own area, drove with the ball 20 yards then laid it off, to somebody who could exploit the space, really good play.

Nick

Administrator
That must have been it Nick, think I saw the Assistant manager on skybluestalk in the dugout. Must have thought, 'this Nick guy is a genius, never thought of dropping out most creative player into CM' :yawn:

It took injuries for him to do it though ;)

Adge

Yep-it's often easy to forget about the "piano pushers" ala Doyle/Maycock and concentrate on the "piano players" ala Andreu/Baker etc who will get most of the plaudits.

Reactions: vow

bawtryneal

Reading all the comments above how come we lost 3-2
I didn't go to the game so cannot comment but we lost to Shrewsburys reserve team.

Nick

Administrator
Shrewsburys reserve team.

Was it?

Macgilllivray - First Start due to international call up
Brown - 4 starts
Nsialia - 4 starts
Bolton - 4 starts
Whalley - 4 starts
Godfrey - 1 start before last night
Beckles - 0 starts
John Lewis - 4 games off the bench
Payne - 2 games I think (stats not on their official)
Nolan - 4 starts
Gnahoua - 1 off the bench

Wouldn't say that's their reserves, if they are then we could just say they played our reserves ;)

stupot07

I was impressed with Maycock in midfield and Shipley at left back. Both did very well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
After initially having my reservations about Shipley coming on, I thought he changed our game. Considering he's not a natural LB I thought he did very well.

I however wasn't that excited by Pearson performance. Thought he looked off the pace and some of his headers were very poor!

stupot07

After initially having my reservations about Shipley coming on, I thought he changed our game. Considering he's not a natural LB I thought he did very well.

I however wasn't that excited by Pearson performance. Thought he looked off the pace and some of his headers were very poor!
Can is what you mean on Pearson, but given he hasn't made a first team appearance since April 16, I thought there were encouraging signs albeit a bit rusty. Think hes adequate for league two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

He looked like a player who has not had game time but i watched his reading of the game and it was quite experienced in his positioning., i was more concerned at Hyam panicing when the ball come across and he tried to wellie it and missed it for them to stick it in the net.

Warwickhunt

dont know if anyone has the same opinion as me but not slagging off youngsters an all that malarkey! But when i saw DKE & Stevenson come out onto the pitch their body language was "I dont want to be on the Pitch" probably just me but just thinking like. Either that or something has upset them

vow

After seeing Shipley in Centre Mid against Blackburn he didn't look comfortable, gave the ball away numerous times, I wasn't at the game last night vs Shrews.
Is CM his natural position or is it at Left back?

SlowerThanPlatt

After seeing Shipley in Centre Mid against Blackburn he didn't look comfortable, gave the ball away numerous times, I wasn't at the game last night vs Shrews.
Is CM his natural position or is it at Left back?

He plays CM usually, I don't think he's ever played defence before last night

Reactions: vow

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well I'm glad Robins agreed with me re Pearson ;)

Very odd move. Why did he play last night? Has someone offered him a contract? Have we a replacement lined up?

But concerning especially after Robins reeled off names of injured players post match last night, some of which who were defenders!!

stevefloyd

He looked like a player who has not had game time but i watched his reading of the game and it was quite experienced in his positioning., i was more concerned at Hyam panicing when the ball come across and he tried to wellie it and missed it for them to stick it in the net.
If you mean the 1st goal that was Pearson missing it

Warwickhunt

If you mean the 1st goal that was Pearson missing it
Just watched the video and you are right! That was shite from Pearson! Wonder if MR said something to him that made him leave the club

Users who are viewing this thread