£10 for a 3 year old ! (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Was in the ticket queue Saturday and the guy getting served in front was asked for a tenner for his 3 year old daughter, in a ground a quarter full after a bit of a heated discussion with a rather stone faced ticket woman the bloke told her to stuff it walked off. Our new landlords let accompanied children under the age of 10 in for free. Our football club have no idea on marketing and the first thing they should do is employ somebody with a bit personality.

Nick

Administrator
JSB, it is free for the whole season for a small amount.

Although I agree under a certain age should be free on the gate but then it means the JSB has no benefit.

I am not too sure why they didn't say to him "sign her up to the JSBs for a tenner, she will get a free gift, invites to parties and loads of vouchers and free entry"

Nick

Administrator
Saying that, I am not too sure what he expected by going in the shop and kicking off at the people in there who don't set the prices?

fernandopartridge

Saying that, I am not too sure what he expected by going in the shop and kicking off at the people in there who don't set the prices?

Tbh though the people who work there are part of the problem. They are the public face of the non footballing side of the club and are often abrupt and unhelpful. Perhaps they should offer to feed comments about ticket prices back to their seniors?

RFC

Although I agree under a certain age should be free on the gate but then it means the JSB has no benefit.

I am not too sure why they didn't say to him "sign her up to the JSBs for a tenner, she will get a free gift, invites to parties and loads of vouchers and free entry"

Nice to see common sense instead of the usual rubbish and crtisism from so many other quarters.

Moan,moan,moan, that's all some can do!

eastwoodsdustman

I'd have just carried a 3 yr old in with me (not any 3yr old you understand).Doubt very much that the turnstile operator would have argued about it either.

Monners

Its 20 quid to sign up as a JSB- and then it's free for under 12s. Signed my lad up for this. He couldn't go on Sat so had a free ticket to give away, but there was no-one of the age at the time I was collecting my tickets to give it away to. There should be something like a fiver for a kid, but the chap must have known the price before walking up surely.

Last edited:

stupot07

Yep, my lads a JSB then bought a ST in premium seats for about £3 per game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

I took my five year old to the Yeovil game with a view to signing her up as a JSB if she enjoyed it and i have to say that the £10 did feel like a smack in the face and its only because I'm a dedicated as I can be fan with one eye on if my five year old wants to go regular it would mean I have the perfect excuse to go more.

Sadly she give up by half time after a bright start.

It's like the club has no interest in the next generation. Don't get me wrong JSB is a great idea but there is no try before you buy and like others have said £10 for a 3 year old is taking the piss when the stadium is empt and you look at other forms of entertainment where kids under a certain age get in for free.

There's more than 1 reason the stadium is only 1 third full and this is one of them. You would think that when the stadium is basically empty under 10's for free with an accomanying adult would be proactive as would under 18's for a fiver.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I took my five year old to the Yeovil game with a view to signing her up as a JSB if she enjoyed it and i have to say that the £10 did feel like a smack in the face and its only because I'm a dedicated as I can be fan with one eye on if my five year old wants to go regular it would mean I have the perfect excuse to go more.

It's like the club has no interest in the next generation. Don't get me wrong JSB is a great idea but there is no try before you buy and like others have said £10 for a 3 year old is taking the piss when the stadium is empt and you look at other forms of entertainment where kids under a certain age get in for free.

There's more than 1 reason the stadium is only 1 third full and this is one of them. You would think that when the stadium is basically empty under 10's for free with an accomanying adult would be proactive as would under 18's for a fiver.

Sign her up to the JSB's and get her to the kids parties and stuff they put on. The people on that side of it do a great job, the one at Christmas was great.

I agree about letting them in, but what incentive is there for the JSB? I don't think £20 or whatever is a massive amount for a whole season ticket, you then get the vouchers for family packs (2 adults and 2 kids for £20), a kids ticket for £1 and free gifts etc etc.

RFC

Sign her up to the JSB's and get her to the kids parties and stuff they put on. The people on that side of it do a great job, the one at Christmas was great.

I agree about letting them in, but what incentive is there for the JSB? I don't think £20 or whatever is a massive amount for a whole season ticket, you then get the vouchers for family packs (2 adults and 2 kids for £20), a kids ticket for £1 and free gifts etc etc.

The club dos lot more than given credit for with the massive help of dedicated volunteers including Pat Raybould for the JSB's, like everything else always room for improvement.
PUSB

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It could be me, but I find it difficult to work out how much it would cost me and my boy to go!

Here - http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/jsb-keepers-memberships-coventry-city-170614-1352551.aspx it states that -

This Membership is priced at £20 for the 2014/15 season.

The Sky Blue Keeper will get the following benefits:
Free Season Ticket in the Family Zone**

with the asterisks being explained as

** Child must be under 12 on August 31, 2014. Proof of age will be required. Available only when child is located next to an Adult Season Ticket. Terms and Conditions
apply.

I don't have a Adult Season Ticket, so after buying JSB membership for £20, how much would it cost us on a matchday?

So I then head here - http://www.ccfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/ which has a nice asterisk next to the 'JSB Under 12's = £0', but no explanation of what the asterisk means!

And I'm still none the wiser. Feel free to point it out if I'm missing the obvious!

stupot07

I believe the asterisk means they need to be accompanied by an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
It could be me, but I find it difficult to work out how much it would cost me and my boy to go!

Here - http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/jsb-keepers-memberships-coventry-city-170614-1352551.aspx it states that -

** Child must be under 12 on August 31, 2014. Proof of age will be required. Available only when child is located next to an Adult Season Ticket. Terms and Conditions
apply.

I don't have a Adult Season Ticket, so after buying JSB membership for £20, how much would it cost us on a matchday?

So I then head here - http://www.ccfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/ which has a nice asterisk next to the 'JSB Under 12's = £0', but no explanation of what the asterisk means!

And I'm still none the wiser. Feel free to point it out if I'm missing the obvious!

It would cost you the price of your ticket if you went in the family stand, your ticket plus £4 in the premium zones and your ticket plus £3 for the standard zone. Or you would just buy the ticket for the family stand and sit where you want.

Monners

apply.

I don't have a season ticket and it is £0 for my lad (who is a JSB at £20) for a match ticket and £18 for me. However, the actual cost for my lad's ticket is 1p due to the fact that the club has to charge something under league rules (only a certain number of games can have fre offers (I am pretty sure this is correct). I think the 1p bit is where the astericks comes into play

Cost me £18.01 for Saturday for tow tickets (my mate came along too and it was only £18 for him also). We actually moved round to Block 23, so didn't need to sit tin the family bit.

Terry Gibson's perm

A bit like the players on Saturday then;)

MusicDating

Cheers for your responses.

I get now that the Free Season Ticket in the Family Zone** being dependent on an adult season ticket refers to a specific seat next to the adult season ticket holder, rather than the cost of sitting anywhere in the Family Zone after buying JSB membership (which would be £0). Maybe the section in bold should read 'Free entry to the Family Zone' (for people like me...).

I suspect I'll get JSB Membership for my boy next season, but don't know now whether my daughter would be interested come August time. Maybe the club should do the first few games at the start of next season as kids for a quid as a trial before buying JSB membership, or refund the ticket price paid if JSB membership subsequently bought, or issue a voucher now for a free JSB ticket next season.

Cant disagree that it's a good package, just feel they don't really market it that well.

chiefdave

Yep - Cost me a penny for the ticket. I booked online so maybe that is the reason.

At a guess it's an issue with the online ticketing not being able to cope with a ticket with no price.

Might be worth someone flagging up with the SCG that the wording on the website is not clear. Also might be worth the club making sure all the ticket staff know what they can offer. A much better response would have been to say it's a tenner or you can join JSB and give you the details.

skybluekelly98

Was this stone faced turnstile operator a short Scottish 60 odd woman with short blonde hair and glasses? Eveytime I try to get in with a junior ticket (even though I'm concession ) she's the only one who stops me! I know I look old for my age but its not like I'm a 50 year old scruffy bloke with a beard trying to get in with a kids ticket. Do you want people to turn up to games or what? Hate people who take their jobs too seriously. Applied for her job now anyway so anyone trying to get in with a slightly dubious ticket I will let them know what turnstile and when etc.
Its third division football, not customs!

Monners

Was this stone faced turnstile operator a short Scottish 60 odd woman with short blonde hair and glasses? Eveytime I try to get in with a junior ticket (even though I'm concession ) she's the only one who stops me! I know I look old for my age but its not like I'm a 50 year old scruffy bloke with a beard trying to get in with a kids ticket. Do you want people to turn up to games or what? Hate people who take their jobs too seriously. Applied for her job now anyway so anyone trying to get in with a slightly dubious ticket I will let them know what turnstile and when etc.
Its third division football, not customs!

Less of the 50 year old stuff - I'm 49!

Nick

Administrator
Cheers for your responses.

I get now that the Free Season Ticket in the Family Zone** being dependent on an adult season ticket refers to a specific seat next to the adult season ticket holder, rather than the cost of sitting anywhere in the Family Zone after buying JSB membership (which would be £0). Maybe the section in bold should read 'Free entry to the Family Zone' (for people like me...).

I suspect I'll get JSB Membership for my boy next season, but don't know now whether my daughter would be interested come August time. Maybe the club should do the first few games at the start of next season as kids for a quid as a trial before buying JSB membership, or refund the ticket price paid if JSB membership subsequently bought, or issue a voucher now for a free JSB ticket next season.

Cant disagree that it's a good package, just feel they don't really market it that well.

To be fair, I didn't think mine was until the Christmas party. Was worth the £20 odd for that.

If you sign your lad up, you get a few vouchers that you can then use to take your daughter for a quid :)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....and neither do they have the knowledge, nouse nor inclination to want to offer anything to help beyond what's easiest for them.

shmmeee

Sounds like a marketing and customer service issue to me. The poor service in the ticket office has literally become a running joke for years, that alone should concern anyone tasked with increasing sales.

Seems like the perfect project for the SCG to show some visible results and the club to gain a bit of credibility in terms of listening to fan feedback.

For the cost of a day's staff training and a little printout to use on the tills about good service and the packages to offer, seems like an easy win to me.

MusicDating

If you sign your lad up, you get a few vouchers that you can then use to take your daughter for a quid :)

Perfect. Why does it not mention this on the spiel?

Didn't know it had been £10 to join since Jan either.

covboy1987

or come and watch for nothing today and if you enjoy the day you can join the JSB

Users who are viewing this thread