£10m shares claim for GODIVA (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

Taken from an Interview between "AshbyJan" and "The Observer

"What frustrates is they [Sisu] can suddenly find £10m to try and buy the stadium, but they can't pay the rent on it and they can't buy players," said their spokesman, Jan Mokrzycki. "It's obvious they don't give a monkeys about the club. No one else is going to come in and save us, it's up to the fans to do it ourselves. We might as well get in a position to do it now, rather than be like Portsmouth, scrambling around at the last minute trying to get something done.

NOW! If you still want to call me a liar...You are saying it to AshbyJan who QUOTES what I have said!:eek::eek::eek:

WillieStanley

Definately no bias or agenda and definately trying to play down the "takeover" business!!

To be fair, you don't know how much The Observer have exagerrated what he actually said!

Tonylinc

For Gods' sake......We all know that they have no interest in CCFC. All they want is the stadium and surrounding area. Having got that you won't see them for dust. Absolute scum.

Nick

Administrator
Was that meant to be used as hard evidence? An opinion from somebody said to a paper and then spun?

Sky Blue Kid

@ WillieStanley...

Don't you think when someone is quoted in the Newspapers, that the Newspaper has to be accurate for fear of libel suits?....
And don't you think if AshbyJan was lying that SISU would have already sued him?...It's not "Rocket Science" m8;)

torchomatic

From the impartial and balanced Sky Blues Trust.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick...

I read the claim of SISU having the £10m which was quoted in the CET. It seems a lot of people go around with their eyes and ears closed...unless it suits them to open them m8!:facepalm:
I don't claim to be the "Oracle" but I know what I read....and so does AshbyJan it seems!

Grendel

You can't sue him as its his opinion. It also is utterly meaningless. Quite obviously they would raise cash to buy the stadium if it was at a price that they believe they would get a return on.

All it shows is a lack of commercial awareness from the SBT leader - as well as more evidence they are a sisu out protest group above anything else.

hill83

I'm officially a SBT member, but the pure shite spouted there. Get me cancelled. That is embarrassing. The bloke talks a fair amount of shite on the forums which is fair enough, but now he's representing us.

feck me, I'm out.

Let me say f u ck for fuck sake

Sky Blue Ian

"What frustrates is they [Sisu] can suddenly find £10m to try and buy the stadium, but they can't pay the rent on it and they can't buy players," said their spokesman, Jan Mokrzycki.

this probably wont make me terribly popular but Tim Fisher has made it abundanly clear that the decision not to pay rent is not one of affordability but a strategic decision as they feel it is too high. And again I would disagree about the comment not buying players, we have signed more thios season thatn for years - some commanded a fee some didn't. I'm no apologist for SISU but it doesn't help our cause when those said to be representing the fans spout utter drivel

WillieStanley

For Gods' sake......We all know that they have no interest in CCFC. All they want is the stadium and surrounding area. Having got that you won't see them for dust. Absolute scum.

SISU isn't the main topic of this thread. The main topic is that the SBTrust is meant to be impartial where as that interview is transparent propaganda with a huge bias.

@SBK I've been misquoted in the paper before. The biggest was The Citizen. In my first band, we did an interview, niaively I said one of our inspirations was Cliff Richard (Being 17 and thinking I was absolutely hilarious). When the article came out the headline was INSPIRED BY CLIFF and about us being born again Christians!! We were a three piece punky/grungy band - not really the image or message we were trying to put across. :facepalm:

So yes, they can spin whatever they like pretty much!!

WillieStanley

this probably wont make me terribly popular but Tim Fisher has made it abundanly clear that the decision not to pay rent is not one of affordability but a strategic decision as they feel it is too high. And again I would disagree about the comment not buying players, we have signed more thios season thatn for years - some commanded a fee some didn't. I'm no apologist for SISU but it doesn't help our cause when those said to be representing the fans spout utter drivel

Totally true!! Good post!

Grendel

SISU isn't the main topic of this thread. The main topic is that the SBTrust is meant to be impartial where as that interview is transparent propaganda with a huge bias.

@SBK I've been misquoted in the paper before. The biggest was The Citizen. In my first band, we did an interview, niaively I said one of our inspirations was Cliff Richard (Being 17 and thinking I was absolutely hilarious). When the article came out the headline was INSPIRED BY CLIFF and about us being born again Christians!! We were a three piece punky/grungy band - not really the image or message we were trying to put across. :facepalm:

But to be fair summer holiday was your only hit.

dongonzalos

I thought it was suppose to represent the fans, maybe that was the few if its members at that time.

It certainly was mine and I think the majority if the fans at that time.

People have mellowed slightly recently as SISU have signed players and we have had some relative success compared to the last 5 years albeit free transfers and victories in the third tier.

mattylad

"What frustrates is they [Sisu] can suddenly find £10m to try and buy the stadium, but they can't pay the rent on it and they can't buy players," said their spokesman, Jan Mokrzycki. "It's obvious they don't give a monkeys about the club. No one else is going to come in and save us, it's up to the fans to do it ourselves. We might as well get in a position to do it now, rather than be like Portsmouth, scrambling around at the last minute trying to get something done.
I know I come across as anti SBT at times but is it any wonder! heaven help us that these people get any chance to influence how the club is ran.

wingy

And herein lies the contradiction ,in one breath its not about affordability ,but oft quoted as a question of viability ,so the money is there but they don't want to pay it ,not any of it unless its £170K.,then the running costs are quoted as too high but are paid ,followed by the rates being introduced as to high or even should not be applied ,which leaves many of us questioning the real motives and a reasonable assumption that it is not really about just the rent but distressing ACL ,i don't really see that as being less than even handed in the concerns of an average fan or a trust representing fans .

Grendel

I thought it was suppose to represent the fans, maybe that was the few if its members at that time.

People have mellowed slightly recently as SISU have signed players and we have had some relative success compared to the last 5 years albeit free transfers and victories in the third tier.

No that's wrong he represents his members. Potential fans of the club will be over 30,000 people. He cannot speak for those as he does not have their views nor the right to speak pm their behalf. His comments are totally unnaceptable.

WillieStanley

However, up until last season it was pretty much that they hired poor managers which was the main factor in our lack of success. The most anyone could say was that the communication was poor. Sisu had stuck to their word, invested in young, up and coming talent from the lower leagues in order to form a decent and balanced squad, which we had, until the summer of 2011 with KD and co. at the helm who ripped us limb from limb. Why can't people put 2 and 2 together and realise that prior to that board, our team had investment, after that board, our team had investment. Not a lot... but we can't afford a lot!! Yes we sold players but every club in the world is a selling club. I would have liked to have kept Fox, Dann et al. for another season or so, but life just sometimes doesn't work out that way.

The "Skill Set" board and the string of poor managers are the biggest criminals in the SISU era, and to make out as if we have constantly been bled dry and shat on is obscuring the truth for a particular agenda. Jan thinks he's playing clever politicians games but there are some of us that see right through it.

Now there's a new board and light at the end of the tunnel, can't we just see this through until a conclusion has been reached on the rent and then see where we stand? Our fans have got to concede that, unlike the last board, TF, JS and co. are at least tackling the right issues, whether we agree with their methods or not.

torchomatic

So why was your first EP called "Jesus, What A Guy!" then?

Grendel

mattylad

Yeah who wants the fans to have a say, crazy stuff

Lots of people love KFC but they are not equipped to farm a chicken let alone run a multi million pound organisation!

These people do not have the skills to have an input in running our club, that only becomes more clear from articles such as this.

As I said in a post last week what we need now is a period of stability and comments in the press such as these do not promote that.

Last edited:

Grendel

Soon someone will say "at least he's doing something".

torchomatic

At least he's doing something rather than just sitting on his arse typing nonsense on a message board....oh, hold on....

Soon someone will say "at least he's doing something".

MichaelCCFC

Is this a repeat of SBT's thread about what the Sky Blue Trust stands for?! (1) I don't understand the agenda here. Why is a quote from last Sept, when the Trust was only just getting reformed and things surrounding ccfc looked very different, being cited rather than more recent ones from the Trust in the Telegraph which reflect the stance that has been developed. Is this something personal against Jan? Why be so concerned with the Trust when it is ACL and sisu that should be the focus of attention given the current situation? (2) Grendel and Torch - in the what does the Sky Blue Trust stand for thread I ended with the following but don't seem to have a reply -

In response to Torch and Grendel...

Grendel - interesting post. I think what you outline is pretty much where the Trust is trying to get to. But again, let's be realistic about this. All work for the Trust is done on a voluntary basis and being democratic means working things through. A polished set of goals, business plan etc takes time (ACL haven't made a profit net of rent in 7 years and under SISU we have ended up in third tier football - if it takes time for them to get it right then maybe cut the Trust a bit of slack!)

Torch - you refer to being honest and that's a really important point. The Trust is open and transparent. Minutes of meetings are on the Trust website, you can see who is on the Trust Board, membership is open to all. Calling for such transparency by ACL and SISU might be more productive in moving things forward.

And finally, both of you seem to assert repeatedly that the Trust is anti-sisu. This is simply not true. But I adhere to the adage that you learn more by talking to people who disagree with you than with people who just agree so, as I've said previously, you would be very welcome to come to the Trust meeting this Monday, if you would like to be a guest speaker let me know or I'm always more than happy to talk about ccfc over a pint.

torchomatic

Well, you better tell your spokesman, I don't think he's read the minutes.

And finally, both of you seem to assert repeatedly that the Trust is anti-sisu. This is simply not true.

hill83

The meetings achieve nothing. 50 blokes in a pub. It's up there with a school play. Plus the squirrel is overpriced for where it's located.

wingy

If its so appalling change it ,or form you're own set.You were Active over Richardson Torch ,get stuck in,there are times when things need action ,Get down the Council house and protest ,If my 15 yr old duaghter can get 80-100 down there ,it can't be that hard .

Users who are viewing this thread