1 quick point to note (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

Everyone says we are screwed for new season but if my memory serves me right last season we didn't have king till mid September, so therefore the only we won't have from the start of last season are westwood who's been replaced and gunna who's been awful and we got off to a great start last year.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Our first team is fine - short of 1 striker. Our issue comes with depth - but hasn't that always been the case. It's the reason every season why we start well and plummet.

The main difference between last and this season will be the recovery times of players. Aidy's style of training causes injuries to be aggrevated far more often (see Clingan's comments Re: Ben Turner).

With Andy's different style of training, Clingan didn't get injured since Thorn took charge (lets face it, under Boothroyd he'd probably still be injured atm) and Juke has already said his dead-leg won't keep him out on Saturday.

Also, the youth are a season older than they were last year and I have faith that 1 or 2 can fit in when needed. Obviously if we have 5 or 6 youth players in the same starting team I'll be concerned, but I have the utmost faith that they can fit in with no real problems as long as it's only 1 or 2 per game.

We're rumoured to be getting Adam Le Fondre/Kevin Lisbie in which would be helpful and all we really lost was deadwood (Carsley, McIndoe etc.)
(Except King and Westy ofc.)

Watford always do ok with a largely youth based squad and Barnsley are still around. I see nothing to suggest we're any worse off than them and can see us surprising a few people this season. Also, in Andy Thorn, we have a manager who the fans love, playing a style of football we enjoy and who other teams (and clearly the bookies) under-rate.

Therefore, I'm content. :cool:

Last edited:

covcity4life

Our first team is fine - short of 1 striker. Our issue comes with depth - but hasn't that always been the case. It's the reason every season why we start well and plummet.

The main difference between last and this season will be the recovery times of players. Aidy's style of training causes injuries to be aggrevated far more often (see Clingan's comments Re: Ben Turner).

With Andy's different style of training, Clingan didn't get injured since Thorn took charge (lets face it, under Boothroyd he'd probably still be injured atm) and Juke has already said his dead-leg won't keep him out on Saturday.

Also, the youth are a season older than they were last year and I have faith that 1 or 2 can fit in when needed. Obviously if we have 5 or 6 youth players in the same starting team I'll be concerned, but I have the utmost faith that they can fit in with no real problems as long as it's only 1 or 2 per game.

We're rumoured to be getting Adam Le Fondre/Kevin Lisbie in which would be helpful and all we really lost was deadwood (Carsley, McIndoe etc.)
(Except King and Westy ofc.)

Watford always do ok with a largely youth based squad and Barnsley are still around. I see nothing to suggest we're any worse off than them and can see us surprising a few people this season. Also, in Andy Thorn, we have a manager who the fans love, playing a style of football we enjoy and who other teams (and clearly the bookies) under-rate.

Therefore, I'm content. :cool:

AGREED!!!!!!....till we lose 1 game lol

bamalamafizzfazz

SBA88 makes a good point for me. I think some are forgetting that before MK came to the City, Platt and Juke were leading the line and it was their combination play that gave us a good start. I can't ever remember a player winning his own flick ons lol. Twelve months down the line and we are no longer calling him Platt-ini. I personally couldn't believe how good Platt looked as a player in those early games and thought it was unfair to just drop him as soon as King decided he would actually come and play for us.

This is not to say that our hoof it style wasn't found out and Platt's threat was nullified by marking him out of the game. I will always say that MK came in and caused disruption at ll levels in the club including the playing side. Not saying I wouldn't have had him in the team.

Hopefully and this is a massive hope, clubs will underestimate us this season and we can nick games here and there. My main concern is making the attractive posession style football pay off by sticking the ball in the net.

Users who are viewing this thread