10 best takeaways in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Otis

Accordingly to a poll in the CT.

The top 10:

1) Golden Dragon, Lockhurst Lane - 5.5/6 - 1,307 reviews

2) Taste Of China, Holbrook Lane - 5.5/6 - 1,066 reviews

3) Wok Express, Hen Lane - 5.5/6 - 786 reviews

4) Delicious Pizza, Crampers Field - 5.5/6 - 662 reviews

5) Sonali Balti, Sutton Avenue - 5.5/6 - 633 reviews

6) Jade House, Binley Road - 5.5/6 - 587 reviews

7) Kebab Rush, Far Gosford Street - 5.5/6 - 546 reviews

8) Weavers Balti, Bell Green Road - 5.5/6 - 474 reviews

9) Mister M’s Traditional Fish & Chips, The Chesils - 5.5/6 - 423 reviews

10) Sea Spray, Carter Road - 5.5/6 - 351 reviews

Have to say I have been to none of these. Has anyone on here? Thoughts.

LastGarrison

Jade House but not for many years.

Never remember it standing out in the slightest.

Haven't even heard of any of the rest.

fernandopartridge

WHen there aren't many reviews it's easy, just get your mates to do a good one.

tbf once you hit the thousands of reviews, it's rather harder to skew the trend.

That cafe on New Union St (in the old Job Centre) was in the top 3 places on TA. Closer inspection showed that the owners had clearly been writing favorable reports. They read like a piece of marketing literature and were all written in the same style.

Otis

That cafe on New Union St (in the old Job Centre) was in the top 3 places on TA. Closer inspection showed that the owners had clearly been writing favorable reports. They read like a piece of marketing literature and were all written in the same style.

Thought that looked suspicious. Reviews kept saying it was the best coffee in Coventry.

Is it still there?

Otis

When he says 'the place' is he talking about the hotel or Birmingham in general?

Marty

Golden Dragon is terrible, easily the worst Chinese I've had, gave me the shits as well.

ccfc92

You guys are really spoiled in Cov for food. It is excellent and so cheap.

I do understand you'll get better and worse places.

But generally, the food is vastly superior to Bournemouth, and at least half the price.

Just to compare, I got a small chips, large sausage, 8 chicken nuggets and 2 curry sauses for £7.10 today from my local chippy.

In Cov, the chippy on barker butts lane (name escapes me) I got Large chips, large sausage, curry sauce, piece of chicken and 4 wings for about £5.

Otis

You guys are really spoiled in Cov for food. It is excellent and so cheap.

I do understand you'll get better and worse places.

But generally, the food is vastly superior to Bournemouth, and at least half the price.

Just to compare, I got a small chips, large sausage, 8 chicken nuggets and 2 curry sauses for £7.10 today from my local chippy.

In Cov, the chippy on barker butts lane (name escapes me) I got Large chips, large sausage, curry sauce, piece of chicken and 4 wings for about £5.

I like the Mexican in Bournemouth. Can't remember the name. Corriander?

armybike

The Gulshan in Clay Lane is bloomin fantastic

Grendel

I just wish I could be taken away from Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
Used to have Chinese from the golden Dragon, not the best and guaranteed every time to forget something.

ccfc92

Although, (the Lee Burge thread has reminded me), there's a burger bar/takeaway called Smokey's in Poole.

Just incredible. Bit pricey, but you never go hungry.

Normally a 1/2 pounder monster burger: 2x beef burgers, 1x chicken breast, bacon, cheese and possibly an onion ring :guitar2:

kdrinkell

The Gulshan in Clay Lane is bloomin fantastic 
The amount of meat in the meals is amazing,I go there for our curry nights at work.
I have not used any of them takeaways in the list,Imran Balti by the Devon is good and also the Chilli and Spice at Potters Green,Dragon House by the rose and crown and the best chippy has to be the Mega chippy easily.

Johnnythespider

Always used the gulshan when I lived up that way, now I use the imran, both v. good. Can't agree with you about the smega chippy though I much prefer the Hipswell.

skybluejelly

yep have to disagree about the mega chippy as well don't think I have ever finished anything from there .. its just not good

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Favourite chippy is the Sandy Lane Fish bar good portions, fresh fish, reasonable prices and now have a vegetarian menu option too

I usually get my indian takeaways from the Sonargoan on Daventry Rd and they are very good, although I had a great restaurant meal at the Royal Bengal Earlsdon recently

The staff have been great in all of them

skyblueheaven

Sonali balti,Eastern Green -excellent food, use every week,and currently being done out.
Delicious pizza,Coundon,again use on a regaular basis,good food,cant complain :p

Users who are viewing this thread