1st game of the season 2015/16- now (1 Viewer)

ms639

So I just had a look to remind me of the starting line up for the first game of the season last year:

GK- Burge
RB- Willis
CB- Ricketts
CB- Johnson
LB- Stokes
CM- Vincelot
CM- Fleck
RM- O'brien

LM- Lameiras
CAM- Maddison
ST- Armstrong

Now admittedly with that squad at the time I wasn't hugely optimistic, a lot of new and untested players however there is not one area in that squad except perhaps RCC between the sticks where we have made any improvement. People can keep spouting this nonsense that we are too pessimistic and there should be some trust that things will come good. There is zero evidence to support this, our squad is full of kids and dross, best players have left and a 15th place finish would be an achievement with the current crop. Considering the players that have left (bold, obviously everyone is unsure on Reda's situation) only a miracle in the next couple of weeks in terms of wheeling a dealing is going to deliver any hope. Very difficult to be optimistic!

bawtryneal

But it's not the first day of the season yet and more players will be signed in the next week ( and beyond), so suggest you re-post next Saturday night
Also, as you said you were not optimistic and we beat the eventual league winners 2-0, so stop being pessimistic and chill out and wait and see what develops.

ms639

But it's not the first day of the season yet and more players will be signed in the next week ( and beyond), so suggest you repost next Saturday night
Also, as you said you were not optimistic and we beat the eventual league winners 2-0, so stop being pessimistic and chill out and wait and see what develops.

Would love to be proved completely wrong but we weren't selling our better players for 50k to rivals last year 3 weeks before the start of the season

D

Deleted member 2477

We still need at least five good players before the season starts to have a squad capable of any challenge.

The defence at this time needs two good CBs a RB, another CM and a striker

skybluesam66

johnson, maddison o brien - how many games did they play between them all season 33 appearances including subs
Vincelot Fleck versus Gadzhev and new Mccann - we are no worse

We all know we desperately need
Centre back/ forward/ full backs

but i dont suspect we have the final line up yet
there will be loans coming in

vow

Reid who at the age of 28 has played for 12 different clubs? Seems like a highly prized asset
You mean a bit like Leon Clarke, who is 31?
Can't believe you're putting Reid down already? Give him a chance, ffs

ms639

You mean a bit like Leon Clarke, who is 31?
Can't believe you're putting Reid down already? Give him a chance, ffs
I'm not on the Clarke bandwagon either, a journeyman striker who has produced 2 good seasons in his whole career, fortunately one of them happened to be at us, based on analysis though it clearly isn't the norm for him

bawtryneal

Haha don't make me laugh! Better than Fleck the player who was
without doubt our player of the year and was rightly awarded so?

Have you been to any of the friendlies. I will take any bet you choose that Vlad will be one of the League 1 players of the season this year. He was man of the match against Norwich and that was not just my opinion but the opinion of about 10 Norwich fans I went to the game with.

stupot07

I'm not on the Clarke bandwagon either, a journeyman striker who has produced 2 good seasons in his whole career, fortunately one of them happened to be at us, based on analysis though it clearly isn't the norm for him
Hahahahahahahahaha

He has a proven record of scoring in league one

Oldham 3 in 5
Southend 8 in 16
Chesterfield 9 in 14
Didn't have a good time at Charlton
Chesterfield 11 in 15
Cov 23 in 34
Didn't have a good time at wolves but was brought in as back up to dicko
Bury 15 in 32

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vow

I'm not on any Clarke bandwagon either, but he's had 3 good seasons since 2012 inc. his loan at Stockport too, all from the age of 27-28.
If he's a journeyman, he's a sort after one at that and doesn't mean he's shit either, same as Reid.

bawtryneal

Reid who at the age of 28 has played for 12 different clubs? Seems like a highly prized asset

Clarke is irrelevant to this post as he plays for SUFC not CCFC.

D

Deleted member 2477

Its only a couple of weeks ago everyone was singing his goal scoring praises and getting all excited of the thought he was signing for us as a proven goal scorer capable of 20 goals a season.
Now hes gone to Sufc your saying hes crap and didnt want him. Looking at that record Id have him anyday as to get out this league you need a prolific scorer. Take away Armers goals last season and we would have been in the bottom half

Looking at that line up from Charlie the thought of Haynes and Willis as full backs scares me silly. Last season Willis before his injury was decent going forward but as a defender with a winger running at him he got skinned every time and Haynes is a mistake waiting to happen going on last season and the friendlies this season

Chipfat

Few more bodies to come in the door yet. And although it's always good to start well Barnsley and Wigan last year showed it's not decided in the first few months it's about what form you are in going into the last 15-10 games.

FRY-CCFC

First Game:

Charles-Cook

Willis
Wilson
New CB (hopefully)

Rose
New CM (Hopefully)
Gadzhev
Reid

Jones
Lameiras
Sordell

stevefloyd

Haha don't make me laugh! Better than Fleck the player who was without doubt our player of the year and was rightly awarded so?
And we tailed off badly with him in the side ...so lets see what unfolds and instead of being pessimistic lets get out to watch the boys boost gates so we have more money coming in for our esteemed owners to shell out a little

SkyBlueScottie

Would love to be proved completely wrong but we weren't selling our better players for 50k to rivals last year 3 weeks before the start of the season
Another way to look at it, is we didn't have anybody to sell... Part and parcel of Footy is having to wheel and deal. We have forgotten what it's like cos we have been used to the board taking the money away...

Skybluefaz

So I just had a look to remind me of the starting line up for the first game of the season last year:

GK- Burge
RB- Willis
CB- Ricketts
CB- Johnson
LB- Stokes
CM- Vincelot
CM- Fleck
RM- O'brien

LM- Lameiras
CAM- Maddison
ST- Armstrong

Now admittedly with that squad at the time I wasn't hugely optimistic, a lot of new and untested players however there is not one area in that squad except perhaps RCC between the sticks where we have made any improvement. People can keep spouting this nonsense that we are too pessimistic and there should be some trust that things will come good. There is zero evidence to support this, our squad is full of kids and dross, best players have left and a 15th place finish would be an achievement with the current crop. Considering the players that have left (bold, obviously everyone is unsure on Reda's situation) only a miracle in the next couple of weeks in terms of wheeling a dealing is going to deliver any hope. Very difficult to be optimistic!

Maddison was dreadful for half a season. Armstrong was incredible, but unknown at this point last season. Of the players you've mentioned Fleck and Vince will be missed, however I feel we've already adequately replaced them with McCann and Gadzhev.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What an odd comment, none of our first team players that started the Wigan match were highly prized assets at that time.

Is it compared with the illustrious talents of O'Brien and Lameiras who started that match, or unproved duo of Armstrong and Maddison. Maybe the misfit Stokes who people enjoyed pointing out that Forest Green didn't want him, or Vincelot who people were quick to point out had just been relegated. Or Fleck who played his part in three years underachievement.

Irish Sky Blue

Not saying he will be better than Fleck but I have been impressed with Gadzev at Oldham and the two Nuneaton games. He looks a good player.

robbiekeane

Misleading post...highlighting all of the players who have left since our starting line up as if it proves how worse off we are.

Add in Gadzhev, Rose, Jones, Sordell, Reid, McCann,

With K.Thomas in the squad

And then strongly rumoured Kelvin Wilson too, and we know Mowbray and Venus aren't done yet in the transfer market....and your argument looks pretty shit and your pessimism largely unfounded

Gazolba

GK- Burge
RB- Willis
CB- Ricketts
CB- Johnson
LB- Stokes
CM- Vincelot
CM- Fleck
RM- O'brien

LM- Lameiras
CAM- Maddison
ST- Armstrong

Now admittedly with that squad at the time I wasn't hugely optimistic, a lot of new and untested players however there is not one area in that squad except perhaps RCC between the sticks where we have made any improvement. <snip>
And the ones we had before that, Baker, Moussa, Wilson, McGoldrick etc. were even better

Users who are viewing this thread