22.11.63 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else watch it?

I really enjoyed it. The last episode last night.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've sky plused it and a friends lent me the book

Otis

I've sky plused it and a friends lent me the book

Wasn't what I expected and I kept thinking something in the storyline was going to keep happening (not giving anything away), but it didn't.

I know there has been some criticism of this event (non event) and I kept questioning it myself, but then by the same token that made the show more interesting because I was waiting for it and it never happened and it became more of a surprise for me.

Will make sense when you see it, Daz.

torchomatic

Bought the book when it came out as I like JfK stuff. Book is miles better than the series but I guess they had to speed up the action a bit. They messed with characters a lot too.

Still enjoyed it but would recommended the book more than the series.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I saw the advert for this, with James Franco and wasn't sure.

I might add this to my watch list :)

torchomatic

Did anyone watch Colony? That was pretty good.

Grendel

Is this based on the Stephen King book?

Grendel

Yes it is.

I've not watched it. To be honest if probably be disappointed. It was the best King book for two decades. A superb read.

Otis

I've not watched it. To be honest if probably be disappointed. It was the best King book for two decades. A superb read.

I didn't think I would like this at all and James Franco isn't by any means a really good actor, but it really worked. I think the chemistry between Franco and the actress who plays Sadie is really good and you totally believe and accept them as characters.

Not read the book, but understand the TV series has a different ending to the novel.

The one thing that bugged me (guessing it is the same in the book) was that
he didn't go back and reset everything and correct his mistakes.

Last edited:

wingy

I didn't think I would like this at all and James Franco isn't by any means a really good actor, but it really worked. I think the chemistry between Franco and the actress who plays Sadie is really good and you totally believe and accept them as characters.

Not read the book, but understand the TV series has a different ending to the novel.

The one thing that bugged me (guessing it is the same in the book) was that he didn't go back and reset everything and correct his mistakes.
Well that's it
I'm definitely not watching now :cigar:

Otis

Nope. If it was hitman-a-go-go then perhaps, but no more Russian brides for me.

Just one is like a quart of cyanide.

Grendel

The one thing that bugged me (guessing it is the same in the book) was that
he didn't go back and reset everything and correct his mistakes.

Like Kubrick and his ending in the Shining then. That really pissed King off at the time.

Otis

Like Kubrick and his ending in the Shining then. That really pissed King off at the time.

Don't think it is too different. My understanding is that is a slight difference, rather than a complete left turn.

chiefdave

Was a decent watch. Bit slow in the middle, just as well they didn't try and stretch it out to more episodes.

Read that in the book the bit where in the last episode Harry explains what happened between JFK being saved and the apocalyptic version of the future is a lot longer, can under stand why it was changed for TV.

Might give the book a read and see how different it is.

chiefdave

Don't think it is too different. My understanding is that is a slight difference, rather than a complete left turn.
King was a producer on this wasn't he? Might be a role without much meaning but if he hated what they'd done he possibly wouldn't have his name on it. There's certainly been a lot worse endings to King adaptions.

torchomatic

Was a decent watch. Bit slow in the middle, just as well they didn't try and stretch it out to more episodes.

Read that in the book the bit where in the last episode Harry explains what happened between JFK being saved and the apocalyptic version of the future is a lot longer, can under stand why it was changed for TV.

You should, Dave. It's a great book.

torchomatic

I have pdf/epub copies if anyone wants one.

Otis

I liked the middle, but then I am a romantic. I was rooting for Jake and Sadie to get together and the developing relationship part I really liked.

Nick

Administrator
Watching it now, got put off as soon as the cupboard is a time machine but will stick with it

chiefdave

Was a bit random but I suppose if you don't want someone building an actual time machine there's not a lot of options.

torchomatic

Watching it now, got put off as soon as the cupboard is a time machine but will stick with it
It's not a time machine. A sort of rift or anomaly.

Nick

Administrator
Still trying to fight through it, just got to the bit where he is wanting to go out and shoot some facists and they listen in on him with the CIA.

shmmeee

Read the book on my honeymoon a couple of years ago and thought it was OK. Not sure I like what I've seen so far of the TV show. They've messed with a lot of it and a lot of the narrative doesn't work on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread