A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong (1 Viewer)

Otis

Did anyone else watch it?

I saw Peter Pan Goes Wrong last Christmas and really enjoyed it and I have got tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong at the Belgrade in March.

Thought this one last night though was awful, other only one good running joke about not knowing lines.

I see there are positive reviews about it today, but I really didn't find it funny at all and barely laughed for the whole hour.

Also thought Tim Vine's thing on the Beeb on Friday was cringeworthily poor too.

bringbackrattles

I saw Peter Pan Goes Wrong last Christmas and really enjoyed it and I have got tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong at the Belgrade in March.

Thought this one last night though was awful, other only one good running joke about not knowing lines.

I see there are positive reviews about it today, but I really didn't find it funny at all and barely laughed for the whole hour.

Also thought Tim Vine's thing on the Beeb on Friday was cringeworthily poor too.
I watched the Tim Vine show and agree it was abysmal and infantile.
I like Tim Vine as his one liners are clever, but they didn't work in that show.

Otis

I watched the Tim Vine show and agree it was abysmal and infantile.
I like Tim Vine as his one liners are clever, but they didn't work in that show.
Yep. I like his stand up too, but this was cringeworthy. The Emma Bunton guest star thing didn't work either.

To be quite honest the only joke I really laughed at was when he went back to King Henry VIII's court and walked in slowly and nonchalantly and said 'Just amblin in' with Anne Boleyn sitting there.

dancers lance

I caught it by accident, quite a novel idea, had a few good moments but felt a bit contrived and rushed (hence the strange listing time, I think)

Otis

I caught it by accident, quite a novel idea, had a few good moments but felt a bit contrived and rushed (hence the strange listing time, I think)
The play, The Play That Went Wrong won lots of awards in the West End and a friend of mine said it's the funniest play she has ever seen, so looking forwards to that in March.

Users who are viewing this thread