A Few Thoughts And Questions On The Costs Of Administration (1 Viewer)

RPHunt

When a company goes into administration the costs of the proceedings are met out of its assets. In the case of CCFC Ltd, we are led to believe that the company has no assets and its only income is from the holding company. One must assume that Paul Appleton of David Rubin Partners has received some assurances that money will be made available to cover their fees but where is this going to come from? Presumably from CCFC Holdings and ultimately SISU. Had the administrator been ACL's appointee, then I am not sure how this would have been funded.

The administrator has been given at least 6 weeks to unravel the finances of the club and the bill for this is likely to be hefty. Administration and legal fees at Portsmouth have been running at £300k per month so even if the administrator can deliver his report to the court in just 6 weeks, the bill for this could be in the region of £500k.

Going forward, nobody is sure what other companies are going to be dragged into this or how long the process will last. Can the club, taken as a whole, sustain £300k a month administration expenses? Doubtful. Can SISU fund it and will they want to?

By leaving the SISU appointed administrator in place, ACL appear to have opened up a pit into which SISU have little option but to throw money.

CCFCSteve

Usually if an investigation is requested by a creditor and there is minimal assets the creditor would be asked to fund the investigation. I'm not sure what the judge said on this matter though.

Agreed that the costs in general is an interesting point though. I'm guessing an indemnity for initial pre appointment costs would have been covered by SISU/the club (these can potentially be clawed back against the assets, on the creditors approval), whether they have provided an indemnity for post appointment fees, who knows.

The creditors will have the ultimate say regarding approval of fees. If there are no assets though Mr Appleton could be struggling ! Maybe its in his interests to agree with ACL afterall !!!

Ashdown1

Administration and legal fees at Portsmouth have been running at £300k per month so even if the administrator can deliver his report to the court in just 6 weeks, the bill for this could be in the region of £500k.

I find this utterly vulgar and disgusting in its own right !!! These leeches just love a good dispute they can prolong don't they?!

RPHunt

CCFCSteve, Thanks for your thoughts - clear as mud isn't it? I fear it might remain so for several months yet unless the FL ruling prompts some further action.

Users who are viewing this thread