A Gamble Too Far? (1 Viewer)

skybluegt

A Gamble Too Far?

With the Sky Blues position looking more and more perilous with every passing match, how did RR expect a new manager to turn things round in a flash? Which is, after all, what is required. Whether you agreed with removing the last manager or not, the timing of Ian Dowie’s departure was a gamble at best, and a misguided act of petulance at worst. To make matters worse, the fact that RR didn’t have anyone lined up to take over from Dowie, would suggest that it was the latter.

We are grossly short of a strike partner for Leon Best, and the fact that ID allowed both Kyle & Adebola to leave, would suggest to me that he had someone lined up to replace at least one of them. I also feel the 2 new signings have looked great acquisitions, but they are only reinforcing an area in which we already had plenty of cover, Centre Half and Left Back.

The plain facts are that we cannot score goals! That added to our propensity to gift opposition teams a goal a game, is a recipe for disaster.

This post is in no way meant as a rant against Coleman, merely a statement of our current plight. The fact that we bought in a New Manger, whoever that may have been, when we did, has set us back weeks in our ongoing fight for survival.

lew

Agreed we cant hit a cows arse. But in saying that we arent too great at keeping clean sheets are we. We must surely have more problems than just on the pitch. Every game for us from now is a "cup final". Every game is a must win, we cant afford to lose many games and we have still got to play the likes of wolves, charlton and stoke. Looking at our remaining fixtures its difficult to see where we can pick the vital 3 points up.

H QPR
H Nowrich
A Sheffield Utd
H Sheffield Wed
A Southampton
H Plymouth

A Sheffield Wed
A Watford
H Stoke
A Colchester
H Wolves
A Charlton

Both games against wednesday are vital. We must beat colchester, qpr and nowrich. Southampotn is possible but every other game is hard to see how we can even fluke it. I have faith that we wont go down, but its looking more and more realistic that we will.

lew

However, on the flip side, we could win all of them and go up :D i prefer that way of thinking.

p.s can some1 help me, my taxi hasnt come and i need to get back to the caloudon centre :lol:

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully we can get a result in the next 2 home games against QPR and Norwich because those 6 points will relieve some of the pressure, especially if we still have the game in hand!

I_8_Doyle

Nobody mentions the fact that Sheff Wed, who are below us, have TWO games in hand! A fair few others have played 34 too!

Users who are viewing this thread