A question.... (1 Viewer)

Adge

During our high of the Mowbray era after we beat league leaders Gillingham at the Ricoh, a pal of mine asked me if I would take the playoffs. I said no as it was looking good for us to go up automatically.
Same pal asked me against Crewe last Saturday if I would now take the playoffs-I would snap your hand off as we know what can happen especially as it's us!
So would you take guaranteed playoffs now at the end of the season?

Cavan O'Doherty

During our high of the Mowbray era after we beat league leaders Gillingham at the Ricoh, a pal of mine asked me if I would take the playoffs. I said no as it was looking good for us to go up automatically.
Same pal asked me against Crewe last Saturday if I would now take the playoffs-I would snap your hand off as we know what can happen especially as it's us!
No. Should be play-offs as a minimum.

Nick

Administrator
Said from the start it had to be playoffs minimum else Robins has really really had a shocker.

I'd prefer to go up top 3 as I don't think I could stand a play off final / nerves. Although if it was a guaranteed play off final win I'd take it :)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Playoffs are bit a of a lottery, Robins well not make the same mistakes as Mowbray .
So top 3 for me !

sw88

Chief Commentator!
As much as I’d like to say I would take play offs, our ambition has to be automatic! Especially when there are three places available.

This season I’m yet to see a team who I think are a stand out performer. And whilst we haven’t been brilliant in every fixture I can’t see there being three teams better than us come the end of the season!

Adge

As much as I’d like to say I would take play offs, our ambition has to be automatic! Especially when there are three places available.

This season I’m yet to see a team who I think are a stand out performer. And whilst we haven’t been brilliant in every fixture I can’t see there being three teams better than us come the end of the season!
At the same stage in L1 we didn't think there was 2 teams better than us?

pusbccfc

The play offs would be incredible. Imagine an away leg at somewhere like Notts County on a Tuesday night with 6500 Coventry fans, followed by a second leg at a sell out Ricoh.

Don't get me wrong, automatics would be ideal, but the play offs would be so exciting, more so than the Checkatrade last year.

AFCCOVENTRY

Has to be automatic promotion. If we lost in a play off final, team would be dismantled again for next season and we could lurk in L2 for a long time.

You have to get out first time and through one of the 3 automatic spots.

Hobo

Automatic promotion should be the aim. Should we expect it? No. One game at a time and no knee-jerk reactions.

JWC

I want automatics, playoffs are too much of a gamble. When ever i think of playoffs i remember Leyton Orient; where they were and where they are now.

Oooof

Covstu

This league there isn't anyone who we should be worried about coupled with the fact that there are three spaces rather than two. It has to be autos

stupot07

No, all out for automatic promotion.
But I'd rather finish 7th over 8th..... ; )
This ^^^

Its only good finishing in the play offs if you're the team that eventually gets promoted. Can't imagine finishing 4th then getting knocked out in the play off semi final. That would be v depressing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

The bigger question is, if we do get promoted, will SISU fund strengthening the team so we don't come back down?
Or will the current team be good enough to easily survive in L1 (assuming we could even hold onto the team members)?

no_loyalty

A question....

When do you think Beavon will score his next goal for us?

Adge

How about now then?

Users who are viewing this thread