A Reply from the Football League (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Flying Fokker,

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to comment any further on this matter other than to direct you to Regulation 13 on the ‘publications’ sections of our website here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20120702/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725.

The League does not comment on individual cases and as such can only refer you to our regulations surrounding these matters.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret
Customer Services Officer
The Football League Limited
www.football-league.co.uk

The Football League Ltd. Registered Office - Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF. Registered No: 80612. Tel: 0844 463 1888. Fax: 0844 826 5188.
London Office - 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8FL. Tel: 0844 826 3099

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/football_league

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer and any copies. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Any views set out in this e-mail are the views of the individual sending it, and not the views of The Football League Limited unless otherwise stated. This e-mail should not be seen as forming a legally binding contract unless otherwise stated. Although we believe this e-mail and any attachment are virus-free it is your responsibility to ensure this on receipt.

Sent: 23 April 2013 17:03
To: enquiries
Subject: Coventry City

I am a Coventry City supporter. My club is in dire straits at the moment. This may lead to the club playing away from Coventry next season.

I have supported my club for 40 years and feel that this club is currently being managed inappropriately due to the current court cases and City's complex issues with where to play.

At the moment fans are in disarray and there is a real possiblity of fans turning away from the game if the Sky Blues play away from Coventry (5 mile Radius).

What powers does the football league have to ensure that clubs should not move venue out of the city boundaries?

How would any regulations be enforced to ensure that football remains in Coventry?

With a large fanbase are there any provisions for a phoenix club to be elected to any of the divisions you administer?

At the moment it feels like the fans are the ones that are suffering under this mismanaged business. I would appreciate some comments in relation to these queries and would ask that any of your reply could be published on Skybluestalk.co.uk.

As you may appreciate, this is a crucial time for Coventry City suppporters and for this reason I am appealing for as much information about the way forward for our club.

Thank you in anticipation for your assistance.

Thank you

Flying Fokker

Bluegloucester

Well done FF, more people should do the same. The FL need to understand what the situation is at the moment, they need to publicise their understanding re the ownership and membership of the League.

Flying Fokker

Thanks. The next few weeks are crucial. It is important that a collective voice is heard al la Skyblues Trust. I agree that personal letters are a good way of conveying the key points of being a fan of our club at the moment.

Bluegloucester

Thanks. The next few weeks are crucial. It is important that a collective voice is heard al la Skyblues Trust. I agree that personal letters are a good way of conveying the key points of being a fan of our club at the moment.

I've done the same. We have over 4k posters on here, come on let's be 'avin you! The more emails the Football League get, the more likely we will get a response. Copy and paste FF's email.

Flying Fokker

Sky Blues Trust Email received earlier this afternoon at 14:11

CCFC Chief Executive Tim Fisher has told the Trust that the club is working on plans to play home matches at a venue outside Coventry. He has asked the Trust to assist in this planning process. The Trust Board strongly believes that CCFC must play its home games in Coventry and calls upon all parties to get together and negotiate a deal to play at our home, the Ricoh Arena, next season.
Therefore the Trust Board’s stance is to refuse to co-operate with CCFC on any plans for moving the club’s home games from Coventry – do you support the Boards stance in this?

Yes / No

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Why? Seriously, why?

Isn't it better to let the Trust do things like that? They have a large membership now, they have a voice.

Plaguing some poor office temp on the minimum wage to give the standard answer 24/7 isn't going to do anything! What's the point of harassment?

Bluegloucester

Why? Seriously, why?

Isn't it better to let the Trust do things like that? They have a large membership now, they have a voice.

Plaguing some poor office temp on the minimum wage to give the standard answer 24/7 isn't going to do anything! What's the point of harassment?
Because he will report to the powers that be.

dadgad

Or the more likely you are to stop them from doing their job as they waste time cutting and pasting the same mail to everyone.

What a pathetic, spineless interpretation.
It is time, if ever there was a time, that Cov fans do what ever they can to point out to whoever exactly what is at stake. The regulators must interpret this process with due regard to all the stakeholders involved. We are where we are precisely because the fans' voice has not been heard. There should be no excuse for the League or the Admistrator to make any decision without at first considering the wishes of the fans and the interests of the wider community.

NorthernWisdom

What a pathetic, spineless interpretation.

So you don't think having the Trust to ask questions on behalf of a body of fans is a good idea then? Better to just look like stalkerish morons and achieve nothing but annoy people and look like shambolic amateurs with no life?

All you do is increase the chances of the Football League ignoring any email to do with Coventry City. Less is more!

Last edited:

dadgad

So you don;t think having the Trust to ask questions on behalf of a body of fans is a good idea then? Better to just look like stalkerish morons and achieve nothing but annoy people and look like shambolic amateurs with no life?

All you do is increase the chances of the Football League ignoring any email to do with Coventry City. Less is more!

Rubbish. There are many Cov fans who are not in the trust.
Is there opinion irrelevant? And what about the two or three who think that Sisu should stay on. They should be heard too.

NorthernWisdom

Rubbish. There are many Cov fans who are not in the trust.
Is there opinion irrelevant? And what about the two or three who think that Sisu should stay on. They should be heard too.

I didn't say it was irrelevant. I did say it was a waste of time mailing the league to get a copy and paste answer from some bored kid with acne.

dadgad

I didn't say it was irrelevant. I did say it was a waste of time mailing the league to get a copy and paste answer from some bored kid with acne.
As I haven't penned my magnum opus yet I cannot comment but if all I get is a copy and paste answer there'll be hell to play.

Grendel

Why? what do you expect them to do? Answer every email individually and send you a card from Moonpig while you're at it?

Stop feeding the non Coventry supporter troll known as dadgad.

Flying Fokker

Quick reply from Administrators office. Names deleted.

Thank you for your email. Paul Appleton has asked me to reply on his behalf because, as you might imagine, his investigation into Coventry City is both exhaustive and time consuming.

Rest assured, Paul fully appreciates the concerns of Coventry City fans and the distress the uncertainty is causing.

However, until Paul completes his investigation, he is unable to shed any light on where the club may be playing its football next season.

I'm sorry I cannot be more illuminating but please be certain Paul is working flat out to reach some conclusions.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Nonleagueherewecome

So he didn't reply saying "please stop wasting my time, I'm far too busy to answer the questions of the most important people to CCFC", then? ;)

trotsky

Sky Blues Trust Email received earlier this afternoon at 14:11<br />
<br />
CCFC Chief Executive Tim Fisher has told the Trust that the club is working on plans to play home matches at a venue outside Coventry. He has asked the Trust to assist in this planning process. The Trust Board strongly believes that CCFC must play its home games in Coventry and calls upon all parties to get together and negotiate a deal to play at our home, the Ricoh Arena, next season.<br />
Therefore the Trust Board’s stance is to refuse to co-operate with CCFC on any plans for moving the club’s home games from Coventry – do you support the Boards stance in this?<br />
<br />
Yes / No
<br />
<br />
I agree totally we must play in Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread