"Aaron Wants To Get Rid Of Coventry" (1 Viewer)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Inspired by CovFan's research on Jungschlager I hit the old Google for some gossip of my own and I found this !

Bare in mind this article was written in March, it does kind of go against everything we'v been told when Gunnarsson said he was eager to sign up again! This is from an Icelandic website so its been translated:

Aaron wants to get rid of Coventry

Eric Stephen Ásgeirsson writes:
Aaron Einar Gunnarsson says there is clearly some variation in the running for his partner, Coventry, England, and he wants to get rid of the company relative to its current state.

Jeff and Aaron are standing in Cyprus with the Icelandic national team that meets the locals for the 2012 European Championship qualifier today, where he spoke with Arnar Björnsson íþróttafréttamann.

Coventry has not won a game for over a month in English B-league and is currently in 20th place of 24 teams.

"There is some skandall going on at the club at this time," Aaron said. "Chairman of the Board was going to resign yesterday but I have not heard of anything since then. There is something going on behind the scenes that has affected the team dramatically. "

"But we need to try to play well and continue to collect points. This has been difficult, especially after Christmas, but hopefully we'll get to recover and get some points from. The most important thing is to keep the club up. "

"As things stand today I want to get rid of. I do not like the situation as it is now. I have this year left and we see what happens this summer. "

"I'm 21 years old today but I came to Coventry when I was nineteen years old. I've been there for three seasons and, of course, is always important to change. As things stand today, it is necessary. "

Aaron also express the match day against Cyprus, the new generation in the Icelandic national team and how it is to join with Hermann Hreidarsson. Then Aaron interrupted in the middle of an interview when Hermann Hreidarsson throws Rúrik Gislason in the pool.

The game with Cyprus will start at 18.00 today and will be broadcast live on Channel 2 Sport.

Last edited:

CovFan

Maybe he wants the Icelandic government to launch a tactical ballistic strike against our city? :eek: :D

kg82

So he was saying that the boardroom conflict was affecting the players - understandable. Did he say at the beginning that he wants SISU out, or implied it? That's how I read it!

bamalamafizzfazz

Aaron has had yet again had another average/inconsistent season won't miss him.

To be fair to him, I think he started off really well. When we were picking up points at the start of the season he was playing out wide and contributing a lot to the team. From what I recall he scored a couple too and it was only when Carsley got injured that he was pushed back into the middle and was given less creative freedom.
Its still a difficult situation as he would always say that he is a central midfielder and for me this is not his best position and if we were to stick with AT then I fear we will never get the best out of Gunnar due to his narrow formation.

Also I think things have brightened up at the club since the international break and this this interview and Aron would reconsider his position and contract now.

Paxman II

I think you would find he is now a much happier camper and possibly his agent will be looking for a new contract. There are not many clubs he would interest. he would be better here and keep developing.

Covstu

I do love the way our fans go for blood when they hear things like this. Lets actually hear it from him before he jump to concluesions folks!!

Users who are viewing this thread