Abuse Documentary on BBC One (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Really no need for them to ruin a hard hitting show with those disguises.

This guy was talking about some emotional stuff, meanwhile his eyebrow was moving all over the place.

BBC-uses-creepy-CGI-to-disguise-Jimmy-Savile-abuse-victims.jpg

Johnnythespider

I was flicking channels and thought it was a programme about botched face lifts at first.

Nick

Administrator
I was flicking channels and thought it was a programme about botched face lifts at first.

It took me a minute to realise it was computerised.

If they wanted to hide them, why not just do it like Crimewatch and show their back or silhouette?

bringbackrattles

I watched the programme but had to laugh when it said that this chap was being disguised,as he looked like Alan Titchmarsh ! Ruined a very serious topic.

ajsccfc

I'm surprised they don't stick with the old silhouette and distorted voice. I guess they wanted to convey the more human side of things, but it was taken away by the wobbly faces.

The show itself was horrible, hearing the testimony while accompanied by photos and footage of the time in particular like the chap who was on there as a boy scout and was set upon so angrily afterwards Jimmy Savile ended up being the voice of restraint in a rape. Fucking hell.

Hearing the radio callers at the time blaming the victims, calling it all publicity and asking why the abused didn't just speak up as if it was the easiest thing to do was particularly maddening.

Users who are viewing this thread