Academy Article (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Amongst all the takeover stuff, looks like Richard Stevens has given an interview with some interesting comments:

Academy boss Richard Stevens backs returning Mark Robins to lead Sky Blues revival from League Two

He added: “We’re having on-going, positive talks with the school, the governors and the head teacher, we’re in touch weekly and we’re trying to find suitable solutions that will allow us to run our Academy maybe from their base next year.

“There’s a lot things to take into consideration right now and there will be a solution. The solution will be forthcoming at some stage and as soon as I know I’ll speak to the parents and the players.

“We’ve had a lot of caring parents who have had to trust us over the years. When we left the Alan Higgs Centre for a shot time a few years ago the parents had to buy into what we were doing and I told them I’d put it right.

“Currently we’re going through a situation and I hope they put their trust in us again because the football club want an Academy and a Cat 2 Academy, and I’m sure we’ll keep it.”

SlowerThanPlatt

Pretty sure they will find a solution as they have some good groups currently. The current U15s could be a very good group if they keep progressing and are given opportunities to play up

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure they will find a solution as they have some good groups currently. The current U15s could be a very good group if they keep progressing and are given opportunities to play up

It does seem like the staff there are grafting away in the background still :)

Users who are viewing this thread