Actual Carl Baker Day - It has happened! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
TRANSFER: Carl Baker Signs For Coventry City

Baker, who was most recently with Indian side ATK, will be eligible to play in Saturday’s SkyBet League Two fixture against Barnet at the Ricoh Arena, subject to EFL registration and international clearance.

Wasn't expecting him to get up to fitness so quick, especially after being on the radio the other week when he said he had no idea.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Best day of my life

Nick

Administrator
I was expecting him to be struggling for fitness still, but if he has proved it to the physios and Robins then it's enough for me. Will just judge him on what he does on the pitch, will be good to have as an option.

Only thing is match fitness, he hasn't even played for the U23 I don't think?

wingy

If he is fit and properly up to speed he should still be able to deliver at our level.
Only on that basis I see it positive .
He can deliver some sweet balls into those up front and knock a few in himself.
Question is If he slots in where?
Then Bayliss??

Evo1883

Good news for us imo , adds much needed experience Goals and creativity in the team .
Can’t be bad

Skyblueweeman

Look, I’ve been totally against this move since it’s been mooted.

I still don’t see how he’s going to be better than he was before now he’s older and less fit.

Maybe L2 balances out those points.

I hope he proves me wrong but I simply don’t share the excitement of the majority on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

I still don’t see how he’s going to be better than he was before now he’s older and less fit.

I hope he proves me wrong but I simply don’t share the excitement of the majority on here.

I'll put it another way Mcguire-Drew/Barrett or Baker?
Both Bayliss and Shipley are knackered. The odd week off wont hurt them with Baker and Reid in the fold.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully all this "working my way back to fitness" was just keeping others off the scent. If he's actually ready to play games then all of Barnet's planning is out the window.

I guess he can be fully fit physically but there's just the match sharpness as he hasn't played for months has he?

Nick

Administrator

I'm not creaming my pants over it that he is Messi, but as it stands if he as ready to go as CCFC seem to say he is then I think he will be a better option than what we have currently on the right of midfield. I know Bayliss has been filling in but that's not his true position.

If he is still the same player as before his injury he will at least drive forward with the ball and link up midfield with attack, maybe take some shots from outside the box.

Not saying he is a world beater or going to win games on his own, just better than our other options. (if he is as ready to go as they say).

If he isn't fully fit and it's 10 minutes here or there we can't expect too much!

harvey098

Ideal would be Bayliss back in the middle and Baker on the right. This can only be good news, he wasn't signed INSTEAD of anyone, hes almost just a bonus player til the end of the season. Also, if he can replicate the performances of 2/3 years ago he will be one the best players in the league.

clint van damme

I guess he can be fully fit physically but there's just the match sharpness as he hasn't played for months has he?

that's my worry. By the time he's got his sharpness back the season will be nearly over.
Perhaps MR sees him as a handy addition to the bench and someone he can bring on to make an impact.

Bugsy

Happy Carl Baker day everyone...PUSB

Attachments

• IMG-20180106-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180106-WA0000.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 63

Mcbean

Well what we can say is that he will be proud to wear the shirt and if he can just bring a touch of what he had its a brucie bonus PUSB

PVA

Not exactly over the moon about this but let's be honest he can't be any worse than Barrett or Maguire-Drew

Users who are viewing this thread