Adam Johnson (1 Viewer)

covmark

Has pleaded guilty to grooming and having sex with underage girl.
Absolute cretin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

He's going to have a brilliant time in the big house.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
No doubt Sunderland fans will blame us for what he's done! :D

Gazolba

I love the word 'grooming', it sounds like he combed someone's hair.

bringbackrattles

I don't know what's more sickening the dutiful wife standing by him,or him for being a nonce ? A mate of mine got dumped by his missus a year ago when he lost his decent paid job,as she liked the lifestyle more than him it seemed.It shows some women will stick with you no matter what you do as long as you have loads of dosh !

Nick

Administrator
So by pleading guilty is he saying he knew she was under age, or is it he did stuff, and she was under age.

Johnnythespider

She is probably protecting her investment by playing the dutiful wife until he gets banged up. Then the divorce lawyers will be in touch.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

So by pleading guilty is he saying he knew she was under age, or is it he did stuff, and she was under age.
The fact that he has admitted a charge of "grooming" would suggest he knew how old she was

Nick

Administrator
The fact that he has admitted a charge of "grooming" would suggest he knew how old she was

That's what I thought, but then if he was texting her for sex but didn't know her age, legally he is still guilty of grooming isn't he?

chiefdave

That's what I thought, but then if he was texting her for sex but didn't know her age, legally he is still guilty of grooming isn't he?

Good question. If a girls says she's 18 and then she turns out to be 15 who is legally in the wrong?

chiefdave

He still will be I think legally. IIRC he met her in a nightclub

Once did some work on shows with a band who shall not be named *cough* S Club 7 *cough*. Had a security chap checking IDs on the girls they let backstage.

Pipehitterz

Or could be in pleading guilty he is hoping for a more lenient sentence.

hope the judge doesnt fall for that one
a couple years back a coventry pueado called phil clarke pleaded guilty at lase minute and the judge gave him 17 years !!!!

Otis

It's not a falling for it though is it, I think just generally if you plead guilty you are treated more leniently than if you plead innocent and then are found guilty.

Not always of course, but it is plea bargaining. You admit it and you can get a lesser sentence, dependent obviously on what the charge is.

CJ_covblaze

Sacked by sunderland

Nick

Administrator
Oh dear, coming out in court it wasn't that he met her in a nightclub like first said when it happened.

She was a fan, he clearly knew she was in year 10 at school as he asked her.

He has pleaded guilty to kissing her and grooming.

Not guilty to the sex. (he has pleaded)

Otis

Oh dear, coming out in court it wasn't that he met her in a nightclub like first said when it happened.

She was a fan, he clearly knew she was in year 10 at school as he asked her.

He has pleaded guilty to kissing her and grooming.

Not guilty to the sex. (he has pleaded)
Well yep, if he met her in a club and she lied about her age etc.etc.etc. then at least he would be able to offer some sort of defence, but if he knew all along then the case should all be wrapped up in 10 minutes.

Aren't there two charges he is pleading not guilty to? Anyone know what they are?

Nick

Administrator
I think they are having full sex with her he is saying not guilty.

When it first came out it was posted about a nightclub!

Otis

Okay. But there isn't that much difference is there? Sexual contact with a minor or sexual intercourse with a minor.

By the letter of the law there may well be, but for me the 'minor' part is the key word and a sexual encounter is a sexual encounter isn't it!

Nick

Administrator
Okay. But there isn't that much difference is there? Sexual contact with a minor or sexual intercourse with a minor.

By the letter of the law there may well be, but for me the 'minor' part is the key word and a sexual encounter is a sexual encounter isn't it!

I think the intent is there reading what he was texting her...

wingy

Bang to rights on the more recent news reports of today's court activity.
No grey area here.

chiefdave

I know footballers aren't the brightest but in his position why would you even think about doing this. There's no way he wasn't going to get found out.

If he's that desperate to cheat on his Mrs with a younger girl at least go for one over age.

They've said in court that his internet history shows him researching the age of consent and she clearly told him her age. No way is he getting away with this.

Users who are viewing this thread