Aidy - No home King boos (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

marlon_king_narrowweb__300x342,2.jpg
Boss not expecting Coventry fans to give King a hostile reception
Coventry boss Aidy Boothroyd does not expect a hostile reception from the club's fans after signing Marlon King.
The striker joined the Sky Bluesbas a free agent this week following his release from prison in July after serving half of an 18-month sentence.
The 30-year-old is expected to make his Coventry debut in Saturday's home clash against Preston and Boothroyd does not anticipate a negative reaction from the home fans at the Rioch Arena.
As regards the opposition fans, he believes any jeers will only arise from their fear of King's goalscoring ability.

Support us
Boothroyd said: "I don't expect any of the home fans to be doing anything like that (giving him a hostile reception), they come to support us and they stand behind us and the decision of the manager.
"I'm sure they'll be fine, particularly when we go on winning runs.
"As far as away fans are concerned, I've always felt that if people shout, boo and have a go at me it's because I'm a threat to them and I quite enjoy that, particularly at places like Millwall.
"He'll get exactly the same, the best players always get stick, the best managers always get stick. You've got to take it as a really big compliment and just get on with it."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11710_6395672,00.html

Last edited:

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I think there will be some boos, but only from a small minority...

covladzak

I dont like King, but I would never Boo him.... I just hope he lives up to everyones expections..........

Cobi Jones's Dreads

If you're going boo King just stay at home it's that simple, i hope the people who boo him get a swift headbutt to the groin as when he scores they wont be booing thats for sure!

As the famous Paul Fletcher :)D) said and had played before all our games:

Come on, Come on, Let's stick together!

Coventry La La La

He went to prison, and now he's out..
Marlon, Marlon

He came to Cov, an now we shout..
Marlon, Marlon

He's done his time, he's paid his fine

And now he's scoring all the time

MARLON KING, COVENTRY'S NUMBER 9!!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhh nah nahhhhh

I won't boo him instead we should sing this song :)

Pigeon

how can real fans think of booing him at such a crucial time. Were all in this together, its gna impact our other boys on the pitch if some home fans are booing one player. If marlon scores tomoro its a team effort. I will be there tomoro to support my club, i hope everyone else is despite all these boycott rumours.

Clive

Just so wish I wasnt a NHS worker (therefore broke) who lives in Burnley. Wish more tomorrow than usual that I could be at the Ricoh tomorrow with Matty my 13yr old. Have a great time and enjoy the day and Send PNE back up North with NO points. SKY BLUE ARMY. Marlon!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

smileycov

Facebook User
o marlon, wo o
o marlon, wo o o
he came from HMP
to play for coventry
o marlon wo o

skybluewill

i wasnt that desperate to sign him, but now we have there is no point booing just carry on supporting the team and hope that he can bag a couple of goals. Time will tell

Pigeon

The coventry telegraph seem to be starting their own forum on their comments page, arguments between fans, seriously he has to play tomorrow to start winning people over. PUSB

maxpower67

you must be so proud of having a board and manager with no morals. Don't matter how good he is on the pitch, the man is scum and should still be rotting in a cell.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
you must be so proud of having a board and manager with no morals. Don't matter how good he is on the pitch, the man is scum and should still be rotting in a cell.

So lemme see if I've got this right. You're not a City supporter I take it? Why in the hell do you sign up to a COVENTRY CITY forum then??

Users who are viewing this thread