Alan Henning (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Sad news...

The Associated Press ‏@AP 16m16 minutes ago

BREAKING: Internet video purports to show Islamic State group beheading British hostage Alan Henning.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I really fear for the future of this world of ours. This conflict is going to continue for decades. I'm just glad I'm in the autumn of my years and won't be around to see much more. I'm a big bloke and very little bothers me, but this sort of behaviour just pisses me right off.

Macca

I really fear for the future of this world of ours. This conflict is going to continue for decades. I'm just glad I'm in the autumn of my years and won't be around to see much more. I'm a big bloke and very little bothers me, but this sort of behaviour just pisses me right off.

It will only continue if we continue to pussyfoot around. Not until we fight fire with fire on all fronts ruthlessly will we win

Grendel

Its just appalling.

Still no doubt in 20 years time the Jehad's will be invited for tea and biscuits with the Queen and many will push for the leader to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

SlowerThanPlatt

The world is a sad place.

You kill someone who has come to help the innocent.
You kill a good person.

Why? Why? Scum, utter scum.

mds

Sickening really, fucking religion for you, just dont get it myself.

Got to respect this woman tho, live on Al Jazeera laying into a Muslim Cleric.

[video=youtube;ISNpOkpcWqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ISNpOkpcWqg[/video]

She pretty much nails it, the whole mentality, everything.
The best he could come up with to her common sense and logic was to call her a heretic, hell yeah an intelligent one at that.

Last edited:

ccfc92

This news really upsets me, and there's not much that does upset me. I try not to read too much of stories like this in the paper, as it makes me very angry and have huge disbelief at what the world, and our country, is coming to.

The sooner religion is restricted to your own household the better IMO.

Otis

This news really upsets me, and there's not much that does upset me. I try not to read too much of stories like this in the paper, as it makes me very angry and have huge disbelief at what the world, and our country, is coming to.

The sooner religion is restricted to your own household the better IMO.

Yep. Went to Bluecoat last night for a secondary school open evening. Daughter will be 11 next year. Been told it's a good school and a friend of mine went there when she was younger.

Now I know it is a C of E school, but I was stunned at the amount of religious imagery and reminders about 'the lord' etc. everywhere

My friend tells me it wasn't like that at all 10 years ago. Now it has a prayer room and SIX chaplains in place and everywhere you look there is a reminder that God created everything and guides us all in every aspect of my lives.

When my friend went there she said there wasn't all the little rules and guidance everywhere and the school had just one chaplain in place.

Last night was like subliminal brainwashing.

Needless to say, we have now since crossed the school off our potential choices.

Last edited:

Macca

Forget religion, this is a collection of the worlds drop outs and psychopaths brought together under the guise of Islam. Hunt them down wherever they are home or abroad and eliminate then. Show them what happens when they take this path, no prisoners, no excuses, no tiptoeing around worrying about upsetting people. Weakness now will come back and haunt us in a generation

Otis

Forget religion, this is a collection of the worlds drop outs and psychopaths brought together under the guise of Islam. Hunt them down wherever they are home or abroad and eliminate then. Show them what happens when they take this path, no prisoners, no excuses, no tiptoeing around worrying about upsetting people. Weakness now will come back and haunt us in a generation

It is in the name of relgion though, Macca. Some fanatics are getting more fanatical.

In the US too creationism is growing and science being overlooked. This school on Thursday has now become a lot more religious than it used to be and people are acting in the name of God.

Without religion I don't believe we would be where we find ourselves today.

Macca

It is in the name of relgion though, Macca. Some fanatics are getting more fanatical.

In the US too creationism is growing and science being overlooked. This school on Thursday has now become a lot more religious than it used to be and people are acting in the name of God.

Without religion I don't believe we would be where we find ourselves today.

These people attach themselves to religion, it could just as easy be a gangster style street gang, or football hooligan gang. Somewhere for inadequates to get the sense of belonging that they grave. I wouldn't call myself religious though I've had the odd moment in life when I've called out to something whatever that might be. I think it's unfair to deny those whose faith helps them look after themselves and others because of the actions of a minority.

Otis

These people attach themselves to religion, it could just as easy be a gangster style street gang, or football hooligan gang. Somewhere for inadequates to get the sense of belonging that they grave. I wouldn't call myself religious though I've had the odd moment in life when I've called out to something whatever that might be. I think it's unfair to deny those whose faith helps them look after themselves and others because of the actions of a minority.

It's organised religion I have a problem with, not individual faith.

Macca

It's organised religion I have a problem with, not individual faith.

I don't really have an issue with organised religion just organised religious extremism. I mean let's face it we are talking a minority here. If even 10% of practising Muslims in the UK were Isis style extremists we would be fucked

Otis

But organised religion is mere mortals telling other mere mortals what they should and shouldn't do and therein lies the problem.

Flying Fokker

The vast majority of people who live in this country are good people. I'm confused.

The nutters who espouse extremism from any doctrine are scum. Evangelical Conservatism will be meeting Islamic fundamentalism head on before long. We also have the growing skepticism about what this country will be like in 50 years.

At what point does a religion defend itself? It seems this IS group have chosen to wipe out anyone who stands in their way. It will just take a spark of barbaric slaughter to send this country in to civil war. It is times like this that British Muslims and other faiths need to stand together in condemnation of the Islamic State. Not individual faith condemnation, a united stand against fundamentalism of all kinds.

torchomatic

Give it a wide berth. Religion is a little odd.

Yep. Went to Bluecoat last night for a secondary school open evening. Daughter will be 11 next year. Been told it's a good school and a friend of mine went there when she was younger.

Now I know it is a C of E school, but I was stunned at the amount of religious imagery and reminders about 'the lord' etc. everywhere

My friend tells me it wasn't like that at all 10 years ago. Now it has a prayer room and SIX chaplains in place and everywhere you look there is a reminder that God created everything and guides us all in every aspect of my lives.

When my friend went there she said there wasn't all the little rules and guidance everywhere and the school had just one chaplain in place.

Needless to say, we have now since crossed the school off our potential choices.

Nick

Administrator
Blue Coats is meant to be a decent school, although PK is up there now isn't it?

In terms of religion, pointless exercise.

In terms of ISIS, if only it was as simple as wiping them all out.

Flying Fokker

Blue Coat school is not all about Christianity. It probably has a bigger intake of non Christian religions than other schools of similar academic achievement. Not sure about Bablake in term of ethnic mix but money always backs up the brains:thinking about:

Otis

Blue Coat school is not all about Christianity. It probably has a bigger intake of non Christian religions than other schools of similar academic achievement. Not sure about Bablake in term of ethnic mix but money always backs up the brains:thinking about:

I'm not saying it is FF, but in ten years they have gone from no prayer room, to having a prayer room, 1 chaplain to 6 chaplains and no imagery and posters and plaques and notes on the walls, to them all being plastered everywhere.

Everywhere you went there was a reminder of us to be thankful to God for everything, even saying in the art department was about us being thankful to God for art.

Do they really need to beat you over the head with it all?

Grendel

Its by far the best state school for academic achievement in the state system in Coventry.

Frisky blue

Needless to say, we have now since crossed the school off our potential choices.[/QUOTE

What has that to do with the disgusting murder of an innocent man?

You will probably answer that religion is to blame for these brutal acts! and you are correct.

But why have you had a go at Christianity, was the murderer a Christian?

You should put your daughter's education before selfish idealism.

And what is your opinion on the "religion of peace" in question?

J

Jack Griffin

Its by far the best state school for academic achievement in the state system in Coventry.

Think it always has been, from when it first opened in ~1967 (if I remember rightly).

Brighton Sky Blue

I went to Henry's and you were looking at around 60:40 White:Asian when I was there (left 2008) so pretty big mix but we always sang Christian hymns which I can still remember. Not that it made any of us believe in God that bit more and especially not that it had any real impression on the Hindus/Muslims/Sikhs I went to school with.

Otis

Needless to say, we have now since crossed the school off our potential choices.[/QUOTE

What has that to do with the disgusting murder of an innocent man?

You will probably answer that religion is to blame for these brutal acts! and you are correct.

But why have you had a go at Christianity, was the murderer a Christian?

You should put your daughter's education before selfish idealism.

And what is your opinion on the "religion of peace" in question?

It doesn't have anything to do with the murder of an innocent man. I was just trying to make a point of some aspects of religion becoming more fanatical.

It just seems to be a trend. More and more people are turning away from religion and I think that may have resulted in a hardening in attitudes of those who are relgious.

There is a very worrying trend in America of schools teaching creationism over evolution and them merely dismissing evolution as just another theory. That is quite disturbing.

Seems Bluecoat has become a lot more religious. Just seems to follow a trend with all these faith schools.

Sky Blue Pete

They have a chaplain for each year Otis, they are good people who love the kids and support them in doing their best.

Without getting dogmatic I think most if our nation are happy with some form of creation story involving a god. My daughter was at the same open evening.

When I was at blue coat what made it stand out was the holistic education available where those that struggled intellectually were loved and encouraged to pursue their best in other areas.

Sounds like your daughter would excel at blue coat Otis

Otis

They have a chaplain for each year Otis, they are good people who love the kids and support them in doing their best.

Without getting dogmatic I think most if our nation are happy with some form of creation story involving a god. My daughter was at the same open evening.

When I was at blue coat what made it stand out was the holistic education available where those that struggled intellectually were loved and encouraged to pursue their best in other areas.

Sounds like your daughter would excel at blue coat Otis

She would, but she now doesn't want to go because of all the constant reminders about God.

Think she just believes it would be false of her to enter into prayers and 'play along.'

Users who are viewing this thread