Alexa Skill - Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Otis

I see there are Alexa skill apps for nearly all the major clubs, but also saw there was one for Darlington FC.

Be nice to see a City one. Anyone in here tried to create a skill? Would definitely be something I would use everyday.

Otis

I have one for the Washington Redskins American football. Just gives you a flash briefing.

Otis

Do you have to ask it? Or does it just randomly tell you?
You download the skill and then call up the skill when needed.

I.e. If I want to know the next bus I say 'Alexa, open My Bus' and it tells me the next buses from our stop.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't used one but can't see it being too hard, link it in with an RSS feed to get the news.

Otis

For Redskins news I say 'Alexa, open Redskins Fan' and it gives me a flash briefing.

Otis

Completely.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Alexa (Amazon Echo) has some built in skills where you can ask for info or get her to tell you a joke, or solve a sum etc. There's loads built in, but then there are skills you can download and people keep bringing out new skills, e.g. film reviews, bus services, more localised weather, quizzes etc. and people keep creating new skills. Well, there are lots of skills created re individual football clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. You download whichever you want and it will keep updating with the latest news of your team, or have a quiz about your team.

I saw one for Darlington and no offence to them, but I thought if they can have one, why not us!!

itsabuzzard

Alexa (Amazon Echo) has some built in skills where you can ask for info or get her to tell you a joke, or solve a sum etc. There's loads built in, but then there are skills you can download and people keep bringing out new skills, e.g. film reviews, bus services, more localised weather, quizzes etc. and people keep creating new skills. Well, there are lots of skills created re individual football clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. You download whichever you want and it will keep updating with the latest news of your team, or have a quiz about your team.

I saw one for Darlington and no offence to them, but I thought if they can have one, why not us!!
Thanks for the comprehensive low-down, Otis, but I think this is a bit too "Star Trekish" for my liking! Are Alexa's jokes any good?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Hobo

I have one for the Washington Redskins American football. Just gives you a flash briefing.

Less of that flash briefing....oooh matron

shmmeee

Seems fairly straight forward. I’ve got a free AWS account still as a student I think.

How would it work?

Would pulling down the NewsNow CCFC feed and reading headlines be enough? Top posts from SBT? Just stuff from the offal?

Does it just read news or do you ask things like what’s the next fixture, etc? I can see that being harder.

I’ve got entirely too many side projects on at the moment, but looks like fun.

Of course you could just buy a Google Home Mini that can answer any question Google puts an info box up for in the results so can do scores and fixtures out the box.

Otis

Seems fairly straight forward. I’ve got a free AWS account still as a student I think.

How would it work?

Would pulling down the NewsNow CCFC feed and reading headlines be enough? Top posts from SBT? Just stuff from the offal?

Does it just read news or do you ask things like what’s the next fixture, etc? I can see that being harder.

I’ve got entirely too many side projects on at the moment, but looks like fun.

Of course you could just buy a Google Home Mini that can answer any question Google puts an info box up for in the results so can do scores and fixtures out the box.

For Redskins Fan it tells me the next fixture. I can also ask for injury updates.

When I ask Alexa now who Coventry City are playing next she can't answer.

I will download a Liverpool or Chelsea one and see how much info there is on them.

shmmeee

I’m gonna go away and research it a bit more. If it’s a reasonably small job I’ll give it a shot.

Otis

I actually just did the Darlington one. It is provided by the Northern Echo, so had some post match manager comments.

Nick

Administrator
Does it read full articles? I guess you would just need to line the data up and categorise it into injury, result etc

Otis

I looked at the Leeds one and you can ask when Leeds are playing next, what position they are in the table, which team is in 6th place etc.

Otis

There is one for Portadown too. We have to be higher profile than them don't we!!

Otis

The Arsenal one is very in depth. Pre match build up news, commentary, team lineup, who is out injured, post match analysis, scorers, injuries, official match report.

Nick

Administrator
The Arsenal one is very in depth. Pre match build up news, commentary, team lineup, who is out injured, post match analysis, scorers, injuries, official match report.
Do they give you a list of commands that work?

Otis

Right, just checked and the Liverpool and Arsenal ones are official club Alexa skills produced by their teams themselves. So official Liverpool FC and official Arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread