American property tycoon will move to buy Coventry if club slides into administration (1 Viewer)

mattylad

My only concern with any new owner would be that any deal is to the benefit of ACL in terms of development around the ground but of no benefit to CCFC.

Consider that the amount CCFC have to pay for the Higgs share is based partly on the value ACL place upon itself and consider that the value will increase significantly as further development occurs around the stadium.
CCFC need a guarantee from the off that either the CCC will agree to the sale of the 50% share on day 1 of new ownership or that purchase within an agreed time frame of lets say 6 to 18 months will take the ACL value as being that of the company on day 1 and not include any development post that point by the new CCFC owner.

Otherwise we will continue to swell the ACL coffers with no direct benefit to the club. :(

J

Jack Griffin

We're a Sky Blue team with some fans who carry a chip on their shoulder.

AFCCOVENTRY

FFP rules mean nobody can just walk in & spend, spend spend...that's part of the problem. SISU's argument for rent reductions, & buy-in to the stadium is to increase revenues so they have more to invest on the playing side. The greater the revenue the greater the sum you can invest in te playing side. Whether or how much of it would go into the playing side is another issue mind you.

True... Income revenue streams must match the player wages etc...

However...

It means we have money to buy players. That wi be a huge bonus. We can spend £1m on a player as long as the wage budget is in line with income.

AFCCOVENTRY

Lads. Five pages without Jaguar Cheerleaders. How can you expect folk to keep reading?
qa9uzete.jpg

You don't even get girls looking like that in Coventry...

J

Jack Griffin

The FFP linkage of wages as a percentage of turnover is only in league one & two. The rules for the championship are very different & allow much greater expenditures.

The Championship

Financial Fair Play in the Championship will see the introduction of a breakeven model based on UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations. It will require clubs to stay within pre-defined limits on losses and shareholder equity investment that will reduce significantly over the next five seasons.

The new system will require clubs to provide annual accounts to The Football League by December 1 every year, covering the previous season/financial year. Using this information a 'Fair Play Result' will be determined for each club that will equate to the club's profit/loss for the year, excluding investment in specific areas of club infrastructure or losses in certain extraordinary circumstances.

In order to comply with the Financial Fair Play regulations each club is required to demonstrate a Fair Play Result that is either:

a) nil or greater.

or:

b) A loss of less than the permitted level of acceptable deviation and shareholder equity investment for the season in question.

The permitted level of acceptable deviation and shareholder equity investment will reduce over time from £4m and £8m respectively in 2011/12 to £2m and £3m by 2015/16.

The Football League will establish a Financial Fair Play Panel, led by its Chairman, to consider any challenges by clubs to the determination of the Fair Play Result.

What counts towards the Fair Play Result?

The Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)
• The profit affecting element of the purchase, sale and depreciation of fixed assets excluding players (e.g. a club's stadium)
• Investment in a club's Community Scheme
• Promotion related bonus payments

A club is also entitled to apply to the Financial Fair Play Panel to have certain exceptional items excluded from the Financial Fair Play Result in a particular year. Such as (but not limited to):

• Career ending injury costs
• Bad debts from other clubs
• Losses sustained from a major sponsor defaulting

So basically it would be possible to lose between £2M and £5M per year, which is quite similar to what the club did while it was in the championship.

Last edited by a moderator:

SallyCinnamon

After his highly publicised previous takeover flops with the Manhattan yanks and Chinese zillionaires is Old Joe having a go one more time to get back on the Board? Rumour at the Ricoh is that he is already going around offering people jobs under his new "regime". Will Gazza or Mr Coventry become chairman? Will it lead to a power struggle? Wasn't Uncle Joe chairman when he brought SISU in five years ago? Hope he gets on better with this yank than the current one.

ajsccfc

Was there ever any highly publicised takeover talk with the Chinese lads? It just seemed to be some pervert taping them talking in a pub.

Gynnsthetonic

50% share not enough only 100% which will never happen. The only way round it is to build a new stadium which would be a cheaper alternative than buying the whole ACL share

J

Jack Griffin

50% share not enough only 100% which will never happen. The only way round it is to build a new stadium which would be a cheaper alternative than buying the whole ACL share

Name me one building project SISU have ever initiated?

Gynnsthetonic

In between Foleshil rd and Stoney Stanton Rd behind the courtalds clock tower about 1 mile out of town, cost about 30m, be cheaper than buying the Ricoh

SkyblueBazza

Lol... Please point me to these places where one can gaze at such beauties!

If the beauty you mean is in the face... Bear in mind that these girls have probably been carefully selected for their looks, body, agility... Try the Shopping Centre on a Saturday afternoon, the gymnastics clubs, swimming pools... Look beyond the pubs & clubs... Real women!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

The Crew. Always cringeworthy and uncomfortable to hear the men cheer as those girls - many, it seemed, of school age - bend over.

I work with one of them... 1 year older than me, I'm 18, so they were around 13-16 when they did the pre-game and HT 'entertainment'...

Mucca Mad Boys

Your 18 yet you called me bitch and princess? Have a bit of respect for your elders ;)

My 18 what?

Just to clear it up 'bitch please' is a response to something you think is stupid, in the case I said it, you said I resort to bullying tactics, which is a stupid allegation. Especially since some of the most anti-CCFC/SISU on here are in fact the most abusive posters on here (again, you know who you are). It's not literally calling you a 'bitch'.

Urban speak of today's youth.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

The Crew. Always cringeworthy and uncomfortable to hear the men cheer as those girls - many, it seemed, of school age - bend over.

They used to do their warm up routine down under the East stand at Highfield road, remember once nipping out of the game early before half-time as was dying for the loo, only to see all these scantily clad young girls doing their routine.

Bit put off by this i wondered straight into the nearest toilet only to realise after i got in there that it was the Ladies.

Walked out to see the Sky Blue Crew had all stopped and looked at me in silence as I blushed and went to the gents.

Users who are viewing this thread