And the hits just keep on coming! (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.thefootballramble.com/index.php/blog/entry/familiar-failings-for-boothroyd-and-coventry

Rumours of financial problems surfacing at the club again have not been helped by the news that they are already more than two weeks late in filing their annual accounts to Companies House, and a break-even attendance figure of 22,000 does not inspire confidence when the club has never averaged more than 20,000 since they moved to the Ricoh Arena. A complex stadium ownership structure means that the cost of running the stadium currently far outweighs the revenue it generates. Many fans bemoan the club’s uprooting from the homely (and perfectly adequate capacity-wise) Highfield Road, and not just for nostalgic reasons. With the obvious financial pitfalls, it’s hard to disagree with them.

Nick

Administrator
I did hear they were late filing their accounts. It means they must be able to afford the fines they will get :(

LarryGrayson

we filled the accounts late for years under the last lot its not that big a deal really

rob9872

For gods sake Larry, before anyone else leaves - SHUT THAT DOOR! :)

sternslovchild

The break even figure is not 22,000. It's more than likely down to 16 or so now.

When it was 22k, the wage bill was eleventy million a day. We pay buttons on wages in comparison. Reducing costs by a significant amount.

hackneyfox

I'd been thinking the same stern, I was wondering why nobody had questioned the figure.
People are still claiming that you lose 80k per week, lazy journalism?

SkyBlueScottie

People claim that amount as that was the last figure previously mentioned by Ranson.

We're f@cked and we know we are, We're f@cked and we know we are....

rob9872

The £80k I beleive is still quoted because they remain the last set of accounts filed at companies house. New accounts (which are for last season not this) will be available from May 2011, so we will still have no idea of the true figures and they do like to keep all financial matters a mystery.

Disorganised1

Prozone is not owned by SISU, but is still Ransom's baby I think, but that is part of his investment.

Il Pirata

Didn't Ranson say in a recent interview that the club was still running at a significant loss which SISU were covering?

skyblu3sk

Prozone is now Part or the sky blues sport and leisure group of which Sisu and Ranson are shareholders. I have the accounts from last year and they do not look pretty. hoping for better this year

sternslovchild

match day income is and has always been pretty low.

10,000 season tickets at 300 quid covers 3mill pounds worth of wage bill.

Thats 3 players earning 10k a week. Over the past few years we have seen the wage bill as a whole reduce by well over this value.

Look, I am not making that number up. We really could and should be in the plus.

Look at the facts

Conor Thomas was sold becasue we haven't any money and sellinga young player like that shows we were desperate for money.
We don't own the ground which is a massive burden to our finances.
We couldn't afford any loan players despite the squad down to bare bones
Gates down
Projective Season Ticket sales down
King going to Cardiff (Wages too high for the finaces)
RR resigning.

The facts don't look good really and still no press release from Sisu...

The CableGuy

match day income is and has always been pretty low.

10,000 season tickets at 300 quid covers 3mill pounds worth of wage bill.

Thats 3 players earning 10k a week. Over the past few years we have seen the wage bill as a whole reduce by well over this value.

Look, I am not making that number up. We really could and should be in the plus.

So how come were the only team in this league without any loan players?

I'm not saying you're making anything up, but events over this season suggest a very different financial picture at CCFC.

rob9872

So how come were the only team in this league without any loan players?

I'm not saying you're making anything up, but events over this season suggest a very different financial picture at CCFC.

I am saying he is making things up

When I was at school, 3 x £10,000 x 52 did not equal £3m :)

hackneyfox

Our wage bill for last season (note last, so not icluding Yakubu etc) was £14.5m.
You'll probably find yours is a lot higher than you think.

rob9872

On the 2009 set of accounts that I have, ours were £9.3m but still saddled with some significantly high wage earners in that. Doyle and Kyle were included on £8k ea p/w

I imagine now it will be more like £6m and after the final contracts of Eastwood, King, Doyle etc have come off next season I estimate it will be more realistic at about £4m. If an investor is looking at contracts and can get the club for nothing then even with low attendances it shouldn't be a million miles from being able to make it break even without too much difficulty.

Covstu

A friend of mine stated that they have been chasing unpaid invoices from the club for months also.....admin here we come!!!

Users who are viewing this thread