Andy Turner's 1/3rd of the season school report (1 Viewer)

steve82

The telegraph's Andy Turner has done a "half term style" report from A to E and this is there scoring

Lee Burge - B
Liam O'Brien - D
Chris Stokes - C
Ryan Haynes - C
Rod Mcdonald - A
Jordan Willis - A
Jack Grimmer - B
Micky Doyle - A
Liam Kelly - A
Ben Stevenson - C
Jordan Shipley - B
Callum Maycock - C
Jodi Jones - B
Peter Vincenti - C
Devon Kelly-Evans - C
Marc McNulty - C
Duckens Nazon - A
Maxime Biamou - C
Stuart Beavon - C
Jordan Ponticelli - A
Tom Davies - C
Kwame Thomas - D

How has Kwame Thomas who's played one checkatrade game scored a D and Ben Stevenson possibly the biggest disappointment of the season so far a C

RATED: Our grades for every Sky Blues player so far this season

steve82

Some of the ratings you could agree with but some are shocking and needed a serious rating of E.

What's Ben Stevenson done to warrant a C? He's been missing in most his games and only thing of note was his goal v West Brom.

Where's the form that gave him his January price tag and deserved championship interest. Hes gone backwards, now struggling to command a space in a L2 side.

oucho

What a load of old pony! O'Brien and Burge both making mistakes and Burge is B but O'Brien D?:banghead:
That was my view too. In fact, I was going to start a thread discussing at what point it would be fair to give LOB a run in the team again.

steve82

What a load of old pony! O'Brien and Burge both making mistakes and Burge is B but O'Brien D?:banghead:

That was my view too. In fact, I was going to start a thread discussing at what point it would be fair to give LOB a run in the team again.

O'Brien deserves a C if Stevenson is rated a C and Burge is rated B. Let's not forget he was excellent in the first two games and made some fine saves v Blackburn before his mixup at Yeovil and costly mistake v Newport tho not too dissimilar to Burge's error.

Not so sure I'd bring O'Brien back in on current form as Burge has done ok in all honesty baring his sole mistake tho maybe he could of got across quicker for McDonald's goal for Mansfield.

clint van damme

Stepped up to U23 and first team football and scored goals while doing it?

More to the point, what more are you expecting from a teenager?

he's done OK and I like him, but an A is ridiculous and his first team goals came against a non league and an under 23 team. He's got a long way to go.

skybluegod

You don’t upmark him just because he’s a teenager imo- you have to judge him like everybody else. As mentioned he has scored against and u23’s side and a non- league he isn’t an A.
The only people that deserve an A are: McDonald, Willis and maybe could make a case for Doyle. That’s it.

lifeskyblue

For me only McDonald gets an ‘A’. Willis, Grimmer, Jones, Doyle a ‘B’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

It tells you a lot about the lack of anything interesting that the CT has to do a "third of the season" rather than "half term" report, just padding so that they have something to write. Who has ever heard of a "1/3 term report"???

steve82

For me I rate them in this order to there performance levels
A - the consistent performer Mcdonald.
B - Burge, Willis, Grimmer, Davies, Doyle, Kelly, JJ, Nazon
C - O'Brien, Stokes, Haynes, Shipley, Mcnulty, Biamou, Ponticelli
D - Maycock, DeKE, Vincenti, Beavon,
E - Stevenson, K Thomas

Rod Mcdonalds performance levels never seem to drop, JJ I'd give a B nothing more. Too many games he's gone missing in recently yet in others he's excelled and done the job we expect. Stevenson and Thomas nothing more than a E can be given to what they've contributed to the 1st team.

ccfcway

Pont was behind.....

McNulty, Beavon, Thomas, Biamou, Andreu and Nazon at the start of the season

for him to play himself into the 1st team action is very good.

I would say he has done very well compared to expectations

steve82

Pont was behind.....

McNulty, Beavon, Thomas, Biamou, Andreu and Nazon at the start of the season

for him to play himself into the 1st team action is very good.

I would say he has done very well compared to expectations

I agree he's done very well to get into the 1st team and his work in the u18's and 21's this season has been excellent.

However how much of his involvement in the 1st team is down to the poor form of those ahead of him and the sides inability to score in games giving Robins no choice but to play him in the hope of him solving the huge issue that's plagued us in too many games by replicating his form in the development sides after growing pressure from the stands.

letsallsingtogether

The scores are someone' opinion that' all.
I got plenty of D's and F's in my own reports, didn' stop me though:)

Nick

Administrator

That's all well and good, but it doesn't make him the player of the season just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread