Another mass shooting in the US (1 Viewer)

B-Ban-Boogie

I watched 20 minutes of it on CNN, turned over and carried on with my day...
It happens so often now, with no one giving a flying fuck, that I've become so desensitized to this stuff.
Scary really..

Astute

President Donald Trump, on a tour of Asia, said the gunman was "a very deranged individual" and denied that guns were to blame for the shooting.

"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, but this isn't a guns situation," he said.

That is their mentality. Guns don't do the killing.

Then someone else gets a rifle out of his car and shoots him.

And my wife can't figure out why I won't go to America touring in an RV.

chiefdave

Trumps definitely right when he says there's a mental health problem at the highest level. Does the US constitution not have any provision for the president being removed if not mentally stable?

Gazolba

Tragic but still far more people dying from car accidents, alcohol, drugs and many other preventable causes.

Sick Boy

Tragic but still far more people dying from car accidents, alcohol, drugs and many other preventable causes.

...and that means that it should be allowed to continue? Why should someone lose a loved one due to the country's warped view on guns? Is the right to be armed more important than an innocent person's life?

chiefdave

But in other areas the numbers are in the same general area in all parts of the western world. When it comes to guns the deaths in the US are way ahead of any other country and its easily preventable.

Look at what happened in Australia after a mass shooting, they made changes and it didn't happen again.

Macca

And yet they are paranoid about naughty Muslims. More danger of being mown down by psychotic rednecks

NorthernWisdom

Look at what happened in Australia after a mass shooting, they made changes and it didn't happen again.
After Hungerford, we increased our gun control measures.

I guess a lot's where you're brought up, but it totally baffles me that seemingly rational people (and Trump!) can think the solution to nutters doing things like this... is make it easy for said nutters to get guns!

oakey

Time for a few sanctions against USA like apartheid South Africa. Refuse to send any sports teams there on the grounds that we cannot guarantee their safety in a gun toting, lawless state.

Users who are viewing this thread