Another potential terror attack at Westminster (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Somebody has run into a few cyclists then smashed into the barriers outside :(

Hopefully they will be OK.

Otis

Yeah, just watching now.

Am going down to London today too.

Will definitely be heightened security.

clint van damme

I'm not sure if their intention was to kill an MP but if it was they got their timing badly wrong doing this at 7.30am.
Hope all the cyclists are OK. Dangerous enough cycling in London without some fucking maniac driving into you.

chiefdave

I'm not sure if their intention was to kill an MP but if it was they got their timing badly wrong doing this at 7.30am.
And they're on their summer break, not back until 4 September.

But then anyone who would do this kind of thing deliberately, if that's what's happened, is unlikely to be that on the ball mentally.

Otis

I'm nowhere near Westminster today luckily.

I'm sure it's now safe, but it could cause travel problems around there with closed tubes etc.

Captain Dart

Hope all the cyclists are OK. Dangerous enough cycling in London without some fucking maniac driving into you.
Parliament isn't even sitting.

CJ_covblaze

I'm nowhere near Westminster today luckily.

I'm sure it's now safe, but it could cause travel problems around there with closed tubes etc.

It shouldn't be too bad. It's only the exit and entry that's effected. Awful to see again. Hopefully it's the last one but that's unlikely in the current climate.

Captain Dart

Somebody has run into a few cyclists then smashed into the barriers outside :(

Hopefully they will be OK.

The man who was arrested.
skynews-arrestee-parliament_4389469.jpg

Ashdown

They're not all bad though...............................I thought I'd just get it in first !!

Grendel reckons there could be 25,000 extremists in the UK according to his sources, marvellous innit !! Still this might have just been a little accident I guess, those pesky cyclists do like to ride two abreast.

CJ_covblaze

Doesn't look like a religious warrior to me more like a nut job

7.30 am err yeh well done

True. If it'd happened a couple of hours later Corbyn or one of his mates would've invited him in to talk it out over a brew.

duffer

True. If it'd happened a couple of hours later Corbyn or one of his mates would've invited him in to talk it out over a brew.

Bollocks. With apologies, anyone who comes up with that sort of shite is lazily parroting the kind of Daily Mail crap that's all too common nowadays.

This pretence that you need to be right wing to believe in law and order is ridiculous and anyone who chucks it out without thought deserves complete derision.

This Goverment has taken thousands of police officers off the street - guess what's happened to the crime figures. I dunno about having tea with criminals, but if you're feeling a bit less safe these days than you used to, maybe you can join the dots for yourself.

CJ_covblaze

Bollocks. With apologies, anyone who comes up with that sort of shite is lazily parroting the kind of Daily Mail crap that's all too common nowadays.

This pretence that you need to be right wing to believe in law and order is ridiculous and anyone who chucks it out without thought deserves complete derision.

This Goverment has taken thousands of police officers off the street - guess what's happened to the crime figures. I dunno about having tea with criminals, but if you're feeling a bit less safe these days than you used to, maybe you can join the dots for yourself.

Where have I said that the current incompetent lot that are in charge are any better? With regards to The Daily Mail it's not good enough to line a rabbit's hutch with.

Macca

Why is no one asking about Jeremy Corbyn’s worrying connections? | James Bloodworth

Or the guardian

Nick

Administrator
More to the point, do people still sing that white stripes version of Jeremy Corbyn to him like they are at a football match?

giphy.gif

chiefdave

This Goverment has taken thousands of police officers off the street - guess what's happened to the crime figures.
If only senior figures in the police had warned her the cuts would lead to an increase in crime and an increased venerability to terrorism.

shmmeee

More the government's links with the far right and constant stoking of their narrative that worry me about making the place more dangerous than Corbyn being a Palestine groupie.

At least Hamas don't kill British MPs.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing worse than a middle aged muslim terrorist cyclist to be fair. Even more if they make loads of noise when they eat, that would piss me off. Make them a woman and it takes it to the next level.

giphy.gif

Macca

More the government's links with the far right and constant stoking of their narrative that worry me about making the place more dangerous than Corbyn being a Palestine groupie.

At least Hamas don't kill British MPs.

I believe the far right are a dying breed that will barely exist within a generation. Certainly doesn't keep me awake at night

Ashdown

So an enemy of the British people commits an atrocity and surprise surprise, a few charmers as usual without condemning the lunatic in question turn it into an attack on the far right, you know that handful of rare extremists who are generally not very bright themselves, are not in power, had nothing to do with this but will only be encouraged by people who can't just condemn these acts without a political dig.

Macca

So an enemy of the British people commits an atrocity and surprise surprise, a few charmers as usual without condemning the lunatic in question turn it into an attack on the far right, you know that handful of rare extremists who are generally not very bright themselves, are not in power, had nothing to do with this but will only be encouraged by people who can't just condemn these acts without a political dig.

Seriously though this crackpot couldn't even grow a beard and did it first thing in the morning. Hardly in the same category as some of his predecessors

Monners

I think it was CJ who stirred the hornets nets with the silly Corbyn comment.

Oddly enough there didn't seem to be much outrage on here about the Yemen School kids blown up by the UK US backed Saudis's
Or more importantly any condemnation by the UK Govt - wonder why?

Incidentally, I do condemn todays act, as any rational person regardless of politics would do.

Nick

Administrator
I heard that it is Boris Johnson's fault and that he is teaming up with Tommy Robinson?*

*Think this thread is close to being complete now!

Users who are viewing this thread