Any particular reason (1 Viewer)

Evans1883

Why my account Evans1883 recieved a life ban , with no reason specified , is this how this forum is going , many thanks

jimmyhillsfanclub

:eek:Oooh....this could be interesting.....good timing as I'm about to eat my dinner.

Cheese & pickle if anyone is interested.

PS: How come your new account has a rather large posting history btw?:confused:

Nick

Administrator
It looks like the system automatically picked up you having 2 accounts (which it does) but for some reason it banned you because of it rather than just setting you to be moderated.

Trying to see why it did a ban rather than moderate.

Evans1883

It looks like the system automatically picked up you having 2 accounts (which it does) but for some reason it banned you because of it rather than just setting you to be moderated.

Trying to see why it did a ban rather than moderate.
Thanks nick much appreciated

Nick

Administrator
Yep it looks like it picked up on a duplicate account and for some reason it didn't like it.

I have merged the two accounts together and lifted the ban :)

Nick

Administrator
So does this mean a account can be moderated as to what it can use on the forums? ie- emoticons, etc,etc?

I meant moderated as in posts don't display until approved but yes there are options to allow different permissions to different things.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Evans1883.....It's not a case of "Why the ban"...It's more a case of "Why 2 accounts"?.....Just asking like.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have to say in Nick's defence, he and I haven't been getting on lately, but he's been very fair, even though I've come across as a stroppy git at times! I think he's pretty tolerant of the majority of posters. (even if I think he's wrong at times! ;) )

Rich

You lot think Nick is the only one that moderates this place!!! There is a small team of us that does it. I had a list of over 350 notifications of misdemeanors you lot have made and I was working through them. I banned the account by accident, That's me not Nick and I plan on going through the list later to ensure I've not banned anyone that's not a spammer.

However you are supposed to only have 1 account and that's why Evans was in my notifications. I shall be unlocking it later.

It's a thankless task banning the spammers on here.

Oh and Baz, watch your step Nick might be reasonable but I'm a mean son of a...... If you don't offer me free board next time I'm on the Island I'll ban you too.

fernandopartridge

You lot think Nick is the only one that moderates this place!!! There is a small team of us that does it. I had a list of over 350 notifications of misdemeanors you lot have made and I was working through them. I banned the account by accident, That's me not Nick and I plan on going through the list later to ensure I've not banned anyone that's not a spammer.

However you are supposed to only have 1 account and that's why Evans was in my notifications. I shall be unlocking it later.

Oh and Baz, watch your step Nick might be reasonable but I'm a mean son of a...... If you don't offer me free board next time I'm on the Island I'll ban you too.
Who are the snivelling grasses on here? Out them please

Rich

What Nick says. System picks them all up. But the user that reports the most posts has to be that FernandoPartridge right pain in the arse he is.

mark82

I'm happy to let Nick keep taking the blame for our actions though Rich. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread