Appeal Dismissed (2 Viewers)

F

Fishy Tim

SISU .. Have lost..........

AStonesThrow

I cant see it long before they sell up, surely. Joy is a legal eagle, surely as soon as the legal side is sapped dry and is no longer cost effective,, and the cov success subsides (hopefully after we've won the champions league and premier league 2021/2022) she will concede defeat and move on to Sunderland or Notts County. We can but hope

HerneBayGaz

I cant see it long before they sell up, surely. Joy is a legal eagle, surely as soon as the legal side is sapped dry and is no longer cost effective,, and the cov success subsides (hopefully after we've won the champions league and premier league 2021/2022) she will concede defeat and move on to Sunderland or Notts County. We can but hope

Ever thought about going cold turkey on them drugs you take.

Sick Boy

I'm sure there will be ample buyers for a club with no ground renting the ground which was built for it from a franchise rugby team from London along with a council which has little regard for its football club and true sports teams.

usskyblue

giphy.gif

CCFCSteve

I'm sure there will be ample buyers for a club with no ground renting the ground which was built for it from a franchise rugby team from London along with a council which has little regard for its football club and true sports teams.

Don’t disagree, however, there has been interest before and a new buyer might look at the long play (building bridges rather than suing those you might need to do a deal with and/or hoping that eventually Wasps may struggle financially themselves)

Sick Boy

Don’t disagree, however, there has been interest before and a new buyer might look at the long play (building bridges rather than suing those you might need to do a deal with and/or hoping that eventually Wasps may struggle financially themselves)

How's building bridges with them going to help? A longer deal, what else? What else would they offer that would be our advantage?

I still maintain that our success would be detrimental to them as well. The only positive of it would be higher levels of sponsorship for them to pocket. We would have zero leverage at all and would still play second fiddle to them.

What's been the genuine interest previously?

Magwitch

How's building bridges with them going to help? A longer deal, what else? What else would they offer that would be our advantage?

I still maintain that our success would be detrimental to them as well. The only positive of it would be higher levels of sponsorship for them to pocket. We would have zero leverage at all and would still play second fiddle to them.

What's been the genuine interest previously?
If somebody did buy us he would have to have plenty of dosh enough I’d think to get a proper Ricoh deal or even buy into the Ricoh you never know.

Ashdown

Councils like all political bodies change people and policies all the time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hate to be slightly optimistic , but isn't the deadline for an appeal now well and truly up: 28 days from 12 October has passed . Is that the end of the court action as we know it ? Surely not .

Terry Gibson's perm

I hate to be slightly optimistic , but isn't the deadline for an appeal now well and truly up: 28 days from 12 October has passed . Is that the end of the court action as we know it ? Surely not .

Probably not they have probably appealed but the paperwork is still going through

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Probably not they have probably appealed but the paperwork is still going through
I was so willing to believe that this was the end I didn't even consider that. Now I'm reassured that normal services will be resumed . Bugger.

Magwitch

I’m only guessing but I can’t see why they would give up surely they have to win one soon
Can they just appeal for appeals sake ? I just don’t see another appeal being successful, how many judges is it now that had turned successive appeals down, these judges piss in the same pot

Terry Gibson's perm

Can they just appeal for appeals sake ? I just don’t see another appeal being successful, how many judges is it now that had turned successive appeals down, these judges piss in the same pot

There must be a point where the judges say that’s it you just can’t win and are wasting everyone’s time.

I have always thought the judges all drink in the same clubs and must chat and have the same idea of law so it must be odd to go against the previous (?) judges there seem to have been a few

CJ_covblaze

There must be a point where the judges say that’s it you just can’t win and are wasting everyone’s time.

I have always thought the judges all drink in the same clubs and must chat and have the same idea of law so it must be odd to go against the previous (?) judges there seem to have been a few

You’re pretty much spot on. It’s rare a judge will grant an appeal and go against a colleague’s decision. Sometimes it’s best to know when you’ve been beaten.

Magwitch

That’s what I think, usually when you read about successful appeals in criminal cases it’s either to reduce a sentence or totally new evidence has turned up. There is I believe an option to go down the civil court route though again long winded not sure what Wasps will think of that, well pissed off id imagine.

Sick Boy

That’s what I think, usually when you read about successful appeals in criminal cases it’s either to reduce a sentence or totally new evidence has turned up. There is I believe an option to go down the civil court route though again long winded not sure what Wasps will think of that, well pissed off id imagine.

Why are you bothered about what they think? We are the bigger club and it'd be PR-suicide for them to boot us out of the Ricoh, though I'm sure there would be some making excuses for them.

CJ_covblaze

Why are you bothered about what they think? We are the bigger club and it'd be PR-suicide for them to boot us out of the Ricoh, though I'm sure there would be some making excuses for them.

There’s also the other way of looking at it. Us leaving the Ricoh again won’t change things much PR wise. It’s happened before when our landlords were the local authority and a local kids charity. Also if those in the corporate world were bothered about Wasps’ morals they wouldn’t support Wasps financially now.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I think it's understandable to be concerned what they think given their status as landlords to CCFC as it could impact on their approach to extending our tenancy. This isn't the same as saying they're right to boot us out, it's just a major source of concern to a lot of people I think.

Magwitch

I’m not making excuses for them(Wasps) but unfortunately they are a fundamental part of this. I don’t think they will boot us out but again unfortunately they hold the aces that can’t be ignored. A common theory is no one would be interested in buying us because of us not owning the Ricoh I don’t agree and better arrangements re the Ricoh can be negotiated

Nick

Administrator
There’s also the other way of looking at it. Us leaving the Ricoh again won’t change things much PR wise. It’s happened before when our landlords were the local authority and a local kids charity. Also if those in the corporate world were bothered about Wasps’ morals they wouldn’t support Wasps financially now.
It depends on how we leave for the pr. Also of course how its pushed by local media etc.

shmmeee

No it won’t. People who hate Wasps will continue to hate Wasps, people who don’t see an issue will continue to not see an issue. Some will blame Wasps/CCC some will blame Sisu for not dropping a pointless legal case. Everything will be as it is.

It’ll be as much a “PR disaster” as the first “booting out” was: not much and probably worse for the club than the landlord.

Your heart is talking, not your head.

CJ_covblaze

It depends on how we leave for the pr. Also of course how its pushed by local media etc.

If it’s a case of Wasps carrying out their threat of not negotiating with an organisation that is dragging their name through the courts then I don’t think it will be much of a PR disaster at all for them. However if the court action is dropped and they refuse to negotiate it would be.

CJ_covblaze

No it won’t. People who hate Wasps will continue to hate Wasps, people who don’t see an issue will continue to not see an issue. Some will blame Wasps/CCC some will blame Sisu for not dropping a pointless legal case. Everything will be as it is.

It’ll be as much a “PR disaster” as the first “booting out” was: not much and probably worse for the club than the landlord.

Bang on the money.

Sick Boy

I’m not making excuses for them(Wasps) but unfortunately they are a fundamental part of this. I don’t think they will boot us out but again unfortunately they hold the aces that can’t be ignored. A common theory is no one would be interested in buying us because of us not owning the Ricoh I don’t agree and better arrangements re the Ricoh can be negotiated

Better arrangements, like what? Who is going to want to buy into debt?

We are a bigger sports club than them and have the potential to dwarf the amount of revenue that could be generated via sponsorship.

Sick Boy

Respectfully disagree, they haven't exactly been welcomed as they probably expected to be.

Magwitch

What must happen is we, the supporters, don’t take our eyes off the ball and keep pressing MPs, owner, council for a solution. We don’t know yet the sisu stance and therefore can only assume they will continue as they have done. It is a frustrating and horrible situation for us fans who can only speak out on sites like this one, local and national media, we should intensify this, unite and atleast get a position of where we are at.

Users who are viewing this thread