April fools! (1 Viewer)

wingy

The Lauding of the humongous increase to £7-20 of the Living wage.
Jesus I Was earning that in the 70's.

Progress my arse.

dancers lance

But 'business leaders' are saying this could mean the loss of 60,000 jobs! what a load of shit.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The Lauding of the humongous increase to £7-20 of the Living wage.
Jesus I Was earning that in the 70's.

Progress my arse.

Bloody Hell Wingy! £7.20 an hour in the 70's?? What was that for? CEO of British Gas? I was working at the Morris - on nights - and on what was considered decent money. About 6.5k a year, which was £125 for a 40 hour week, which equates to roughly £3.12 an hour. That was back in the day when the foreman bought the wages round on a wheeled trolly every Thursday and you were paid in cash!

Terry Gibson's perm

Great for the people who's wage has gone up but prices will increase by just a bit more to cover it, my wages haven't gone up and I don't think they will until the living wage catches up with me.

NorthernWisdom

Bloody Hell Wingy! £7.20 an hour in the 70's?? What was that for? CEO of British Gas? I was working at the Morris - on nights - and on what was considered decent money. About 6.5k a year, which was £125 for a 40 hour week, which equates to roughly £3.12 an hour. That was back in the day when the foreman bought the wages round on a wheeled trolly every Thursday and you were paid in cash!

I was about to ask him for a loan!

Ashdown

What was it ? about 30p a pint then in a pub, so 10 pints ish for an hours work, compared to two today at £7.20 ?

skybluesam66

a pint was 14p in 1973 - so HH earned the equivalent of a pint every 70 seconds -
say £3.50 a pint today - that is equivalent to a salary of £350k + to pay for the same beer

Sick Boy

What was it ? about 30p a pint then in a pub, so 10 pints ish for an hours work, compared to two today at £7.20 ?

5quid a pint in the south now. The pub culture of the working classes is being slowly eroded away.

Terry Gibson's perm

5quid a pint in the south now. The pub culture of the working classes Israel being slowly eroded away.

I can remember moaning when it went to £2 per pint.

The worst I had was in the Hilton in London a few years ago while working at an exhibition asked a co-worker if they wanted a drink she said double vodka and coke it cost me £14 which about ten years ago was nearly three hours pay for me

Users who are viewing this thread