Are you a golfer? SBT Golf society? NEW THREAD (1 Viewer)

Would you like to join a SBT golf Society

• Total voters

Rich

Would you be interested in Joining an SBT golf Society?

We could play once a month on a Sunday. It would be a good way to Play with new people, Play new courses cheaper than usual, improve you skills and discuss CCFC's success over the previous month.

All skills and abilities welcome. I currently play about 105 for an average course.

When we have enough applicants (5+) I'll message you all and get the show on the road.

I'll happily arrange it each month.

Just hit yes on the above poll to let me know that you're interested. (I will only message people that hit yes).

Otis

Errmmmm ....... used to play golf quite a bit, but haven't now picked up a club in anger (not counting the wife) in about 10 years.

Still have my clubs though.

And my Plus-fours!

Rich

Errmmmm ....... used to play golf quite a bit, but haven't now picked up a club in anger (not counting the wife) in about 10 years.

Could be a good opportunity to get back into it. It wouldn't be anything serious. Although we could have a kitty for longest drive/ worst score etc if people wanted.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Golf: Interruption of a good walk! :whistle:Sorry Rich. I know it's an extremely popular game, but I could never see the excitement of hitting a small ball into a small hole? I tried a game once (with a works corporate day at Ansty) and just fell about laughing and ended up in the clubhouse, pissed!

Otis

Funnily enough, last time I played golf I fell about laughing too.

I hit the ball really, really hard and it whacked straight into a tree face on and shot 40 yards back behind me.

I'm not very good at all. Lost six balls into a pond once on the same tee. Most embarrassingly though was the fact that the hole was some 400 yards away and the pond was about 30 yards in front of the tee. :facepalm::(

Rich

I did the same with a tree on a par 3 I played yesterday. It's funny but annoying. You putting you're name down then Otis?

Rich

Maybe goes in the yes and then when I contact you, you can tell me whether you want to join or not. What I'm trying to get is a list of people who are interested.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sorry Rich I have one handicap at golf .................. playing it!!! :D

Coventry87

Good on you for trying to put this together - happy to give it a go - I hit a tree once and the ball landed 50 yards behind me! - Maybe only let those join who can laugh at their own shots!! :pointlaugh:

BurbageSkyBlues

Hi Rich - yes, would be interested. Play to similar standard, just with a society, officially off 26. Only hurdle at the moment though, recovering from surgery, so unlikely to play for a few weeks yet.

Rich

Hi Rich - yes, would be interested. Play to similar standard, just with a society, officially off 26. Only hurdle at the moment though, recovering from surgery, so unlikely to play for a few weeks yet.

No problem you could join in when fit.

Rich

If you have a regular playing partner that you'd like to bring along then please let me know so I can keep a track of numbers.

Covstu

Yes would deffo be interested, i can get around 3 other people who would play regularly also. We generally try and get around as much as usual but having a small child certainly restricts the amount of time you can play!

I can normally get around 95-100 in a round but have known to hit 110 on a bad day!!! If we can not go to Ansty that would be great because its an awful course! You may have to put some saturdays in there if we are away also because you will struggle to get on anywhere decent with an 8-12 ball.

Look forward to it.

Rich

So Stu I'll put you down for 4 people. We're up to 10 already as my mate would want to come too. I'll give it until tomorrow until I send out details of the first date for definite numbers, dates and course e.t.c. If anyone has any decent course suggestions then please PM me.

Bertola

well up for this, sounds like im a similar standard, my best ever round was 98 at the windmill, but thats the only time i've ever broke 100.

Rich

well up for this, sounds like im a similar standard, my best ever round was 98 at the windmill, but thats the only time i've ever broke 100.

Only Time I ever broke 100 was a 95 at the Windmill and a 98 also at the Windmill. Quality.

Otis

I have never broken 100! :(

Played Brandon once and got 77 .................. after 9 holes. Stopped counting after that.

Think my best score is at Allesley pitch and putt and there I got 65. When I got the 65 I then decided not to play the rest of the holes. :D:D

rswxite

Windmill is a lovely course! Though stonebridge just down the A45 is much better but more expensive!

I also go round in the 100-105 bracket, rarely get to play though cos of work and family commitments! I'm in the works society lol and have only been once so doubt I could commit to another society!! Hope it works out though 

Rich

I have never broken 100! :(

Played Brandon once and got 77 .................. after 9 holes. Stopped counting after that.

Think my best score is at Allesley pitch and putt and there I got 65. When I got the 65 I then decided not to play the rest of the holes. :D:D

Are you joining up then?

Rich

I have just created a Society website, where I will add any members when contact details are given to me. All events will be planned on there and i'll need you to reply on their as per whether you can attend or not. http://www.societygolfing.co.uk/index.html Login details will be emailed to you once you have sent me contact details.

Covstu

Stonebridge is good, Brandon is good, Hellidon lakes is a great course, warwickshire is quality, ansty is a shothole!

Rich

So some people have sent me their details and are now on the site. They have been given the passwords and will hopefully be booking in for the Windmill opener soon. Anyone else fancy joining us?

Rich

Those who have sent me their details can login to the site and have a look. i have added them as members so please go to the events page and accept/decline the Windmill opener. Entries have to be in by the 1st of October so I can book it up. Cheers guys

Rich

Lol. I'm about 110-115, I'll have 4 or 5 cracking holes, plus 7 or 8 utter dross (8+ shots).

Are you joining up then Stupot?

Anyone that would like to give it a try, but doesn't have clubs. I have a set that you are welcome to have a go with.

Users who are viewing this thread