Armstrong spent? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRuffian

Looks very sluggish and uninterested at the minute, constantly turning into trouble rather than making the easy decision. Not 1 shot on goal today or at Blackpool, when's the last time he scored for us?

His absence next weekend could do us good IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

What do you expect when we dont create chances or pass to him. The only balls he gets are over his head and he has the chace and beat off two players first

Covstu

Not up to much again but you cannot knock his work rate. The issue is that we are clueless when he isn't playing well

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Looks very sluggish and uninterested at the minute, constantly turning into trouble rather than making the easy decision. Not 1 shot on goal today or at Balckpool, when's the last time he scored for us?

His absence next weekend could do us good IMO.

He worked backside off for the 90 minutes as per usual just has no service, can't believe anyone is knocking his work rate.

Gazolba

Not to get the ball to your leading scorer is criminal.

Pipehitterz

We did pass to him on numerous occasion .
One time he back healed it without even knowing.
I don't think he's been anywhere near the player he was for 10 games at least.
For people saying we don't pass to him, you are very very wrong. this guy used to shoot on sight and take on defenders , now he looks like he's showing up for the pay cheque. Has been rating of 3 for me every game, very frustrating that maf gets Shit but Armstrong gets praise for not being passed too.

Otis

Uninterested is a bit harsh. As others have said, he needs service. He thrives when he has something to run on to and we haven't played killer balls to him in a long time.

Next week and the following game will be interesting indeed
Uninterested is completely wrong!

He doesn't get the service. Can't see how anyone can argue against that.

We did give him the ball today, but not in positions to hurt the opposition. He is always given it in little space and heavily marked.

Where have the through balls gone?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Uninterested is completely wrong!

He doesn't get the service. Can't see how anyone can argue against that.

We did give him the ball today, but not in positions to hurt the opposition. He is always given it in little space and heavily marked.

Where have the through balls gone?

Ruben is on the bench (or not even that today (?)), and also been Off par. Early on he could find a pass like no one else.

lifeskyblue

Arma not getting the fun of the green at the minute. He is interested and fired up as he showed when flattening the player who blocked him. Somehow he and the rest look sluggish. The first half especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Ruben is on the bench (or not even that today (?)), and also been Off par. Early on he could find a pass like no one else.
agree. a lot of faults with the rest of his game though, but we miss them passes

chiefdave

The other concern is now he's not scoring nobody is. You hope that when your top striker is getting shut down that creates more opportunity for others but that doesn't' seem to have happened.

Otis

The other concern is now he's not scoring nobody is. You hope that when your top striker is getting shut down that creates more opportunity for others but that doesn't' seem to have happened.
Just said on another thread, Dave, that is now just 3 goals we have scored in the last 6 games.

Not going to get anywhere even near the play-offs unless that dramatically changes.

stupot07

He's definitely struggled since the Gillingham game, although he's had a hattrick and a couple of doubles, he's only only scored in 4 of his last 19 games. He'd scored in 50% of the games previous to that. Is not easy when your midfield are creating little for you, but still he was always going to have a do in form, but unlike the attacking midfield trio that have been constantly rotated, he has been pretty much ever present and has never had a proper break.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6 Generations

We do not pay one penny of Armstrong's wages and neither does he receive goal bonus money.

The supply to him had been cut off due Jim O'Brien and Ryan Kent leaving. Maddison and Cole have the ability but aren't using it.
Rickets hoofs it aimlessly in the general direction of Armstrong.
Rose did ok and tried to deliver service into the box.
Murphy came on and did okay but he remains frustratingly inconsistent.
Vincelot has gone from Warrior to worrier in the space of two months. Consequently Fleck is having to work much harder.

Not one player is any where the early season form.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We do not pay one penny of Armstrong's wages and neither does he receive goal bonus money.

The supply to him had been cut off due Jim O'Brien and Ryan Kent leaving. Maddison and Cole have the ability but aren't using it.
Rickets hoofs it aimlessly in the general direction of Armstrong.
Rose did ok and tried to deliver service into the box.
Murphy came on and did okay but he remains frustratingly inconsistent.
Vincelot has gone from Warrior to worrier in the space of two months. Consequently Fleck is having to work much harder.

Not one player is any where the early season form.

I could be wrong, but Jim can't have that many assists this season can he? So not see how the supply has been cut due to his departure.......

Londonccfcfan

Armstrong yes definately looks spent looked like that since the Crewe game.

i think 3 goals since January 2nd. One was penalty vs Scunthorpe.

He's missing next 2 games. Strangely enough the games he missed earlier in the season we won all three.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've said this many many times, but the best football we played this season was the passing and moving football. Armstrong thrived off this.

The best food that Armstrong got came best from players like Lameiras and JOB who cut the defences apart with precision through balls. They would pass and move for each other and it worked. Both these players however were made out of favour by the manager.

We've lost our way since in my opinion, and Armstrong looks lost. He is trying hard, you can tell this from his defensive work rate more than anything. He just isn't getting any service and as a result is probably suffering a blow to his confidence.

Londonccfcfan

His first touch has been very poor recent games, he's been almost through on numerous occasions, but his poor first touch has let him down.

Also not sure I buy this service business, he was creating goals out of nothing earlier in season. Not doing that anymore.

Ie vs Millwall 1st goal and Peterboro winner.

Otis

Armstrong yes definately looks spent looked like that since the Crewe game.

i think 3 goals since January 2nd. One was penalty vs Scunthorpe.

He's missing next 2 games. Strangely enough the games he missed earlier in the season we won all three.
We lost the last one he was missing 3-0.

rupert_bear

As someone has said AA's first touch isn't the best, put him through my money would be on him to score and once he has the ball at his feet and running with it he's okay, but first touch is so important and he needs to get that right if he wants to play at the top level.

honestken

keep playing him on the wing he will look lost, he Is a striker and needs to be playing off the shoulder of the centre half.
completely wasted in any other position.

he isn't a great footballer but he is a great finisher.

Users who are viewing this thread