Asad Shah killing: 'Disrespecting Islam' murderer jailed (1 Viewer)

Otis

Asad Shah killing: 'Disrespecting Islam' murderer jailed - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37021385

If you recall this, this is where the shopkeeper was murdered in Scotland by a man who said that the shopkeeper was disrespecting Islam.

Well this isn't about the case exactly, but a bit puzzled by the BBC 6 o'clock news report, where they said that the perpetrator's supporters filled the public gallery and then the camera focused on them outside the court and said they had no comment to make.

Didn't cover the victim's family's comments, or any any statements from the police or prosecution.

Two points for me, do they usually only talk about the perpetrator's supporters after a case? (didn't mention family, just supporters).

Just found it odd.

Secondly, as this guy admitted the killing and pleaded guilty, why was the public gallery filled with his supporters?

As I say, may be me, but apparently on being led away to the cells the killer yelled something in Arabic to the gallery and his 'supporters' yelled something back, again in Arabic.

Might be something of nothing.

wingy

The bit I saw was outside and they manged to get a quote from one of the killers followers
Basically words to the effect
"Boy done good"
Think that's possibly explains the shift from normal focus.

Otis

The bit I saw was outside and they manged to get a quote from one of the killers followers
"Boy done good"
Oh, didn't see that.

How sadly pathetic. :(

clint van damme

the victim was from some sect of islam that is hated by other muslims, apparently it not very well publicised but there are a lot of attacks against them.
I'd imagine the "boy done good" response is exactly what the media were looking for as its started to get a bit more publicity recently.
It really is a disturbingly backward mindset.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

"Boy done good"

Disgraceful. There needs to be a zero tolerance view on these attitudes. Drop them straight in the channel and ban them from ever coming back. If they drown then tough shit.

Captain Dart

Listen to the mad c**t in the grey suit by the car. I hope he is charged with incitement ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread