Atmosphere!! (1 Viewer)

wingy

Am currently watching German football and have been struck by the colour and atmosphere generated by the crowd. Giant flags ,bunting adorning the caged end of the stands ,highly communal chanting clapping ETC ,and In contrast am struck by how tame and sterile the atmosphere has become In England ,perfect example Liverpool yesterday .It beggars belief that the Scousers have become so tame.

chiefdave

Am currently watching German football and have been struck by the colour and atmosphere generated by the crowd. Giant flags ,bunting adorning the caged end of the stands ,highly communal chanting clapping ETC ,and In contrast am struck by how tame and sterile the atmosphere has become In England ,perfect example Liverpool yesterday .It beggars belief that the Scousers have become so tame.

I went to see England Women play Turkey and there was a group of around 20 Turkey fans who were going absolutely mental for the whole game, drumming, singing, dancing around. Everyone was loving it, having their picture taken with them and stuff like that until the stewards got involved and tried to make them stop, they wouldn't stop so they got moved away from everyone else and there was zero atmosphere for the rest of the game.

wingy

I went to see England Women play Turkey and there was a group of around 20 Turkey fans who were going absolutely mental for the whole game, drumming, singing, dancing around. Everyone was loving it, having their picture taken with them and stuff like that until the stewards got involved and tried to make them stop, they wouldn't stop so they got moved away from everyone else and there was zero atmosphere for the rest of the game.

Shame ,Its like we've all been neutered . Maybe Its different here now and aimed much more toward Family . When you see German /Italian etc on the Box It seems prevalent male adult.

thaiskyblue

Shame ,Its like we've all been neutered . Maybe Its different here now and aimed much more toward Family . When you see German /Italian etc on the Box It seems prevalent male adult.
spot on wingy, different audience to my heday 70's and 80's, also better pricing in Germany, here it seems lots of corporates ( prawn sandwich brigade ), and Asian football tourists paying mega bucks i would expect.

Covstu

The germans have found a mix to include the family but keep the atmosphere (at a price that's affordable!). Shame we have gone too far the other way to come back from this....

Users who are viewing this thread