Attendance percentage drop since SISU. (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

According to the Cov Telegraph and Worldfootball.net the average home attendance for the season that SISU took control of the club - 2007/08 - was 19,123. Wikipedia says that the average gate so far for this season is 7,651. Admittedly those figures also take into account the Lower league status following two relegations and the subsequent reduction in away fans in attendance. However, those figures represent a fall of 60% in the ten years since SISU took over.

ccfcway

According to the Cov Telegraph and Worldfootball.net the average home attendance for the season that SISU took control of the club - 2007/08 - was 19,123. Wikipedia says that the average gate so far for this season is 7,651. Admittedly those figures also take into account the Lower league status following two relegations and the subsequent reduction in away fans in attendance. However, those figures represent a fall of 60% in the ten years since SISU took over.

all about the revenues remember !

I honestly cant think of any other owners in the history of football who have been allowed to continue on this long when its obvious what they are doing to the club.

clint van damme

and yet they're still here. That tells me that NOPM, (whether people are doing it as part of a campaign or just because they've had enough), doesn't work.

Grendel

all about the revenues remember !

I honestly cant think of any other owners in the history of football who have been allowed to continue on this long when its obvious what they are doing to the club.

The Oystens.

Grendel

ccfcway

The Oystons were recently ordered to pay £31M after losing a court battle.....the club has (as understood) been put up for sale... we all hope for same..

Blackpool supporters trust last month...

""I think the reality is they will have to find a buyer for the club. This is what we have been fighting for for the last four years, and it's come to fruition."

4 years... i'd love our mess to be over in 4 years

Also, in their tenure, as well as the downsides, they have won the play offs and promoted 5 times, lost a play off final, won the FL Trophy twice and been in the premier league.

not bad for a town of less than 150,000

Last edited:

Ashdown

and yet they're still here. That tells me that NOPM, (whether people are doing it as part of a campaign or just because they've had enough), doesn't work.
NOPM is a hugely exaggerated urban myth. Most of the stayaways are people like me who easily can find other stuff to do rather than feed these leeches. Northampton killed it for many and year after year decline has knocked off numbers almost every season. Nobody trusts these sharks and even if all they are really getting is £400k+ for directors remuneration, then its too much. They've lied and cajoled their way over the decade with false promises and false dawns, their mismanagement has started to find the ears of everyone from past managers and officials. We now have no professional ticketing operation or our own merchandise store, not to mention facing homelessness as they pursue yet more fruitless court action. I hope they have fucked off by 2021 so we can at last really celebrate the City of Culture event without all the division.

Wheelfass

What ever the motive behind the fans reasons for none attendance, be it NOPM, apathy, or just total disenchantment? There is only one common denominator that exists for the period in question from December 2007 to December 2017 and that is SISU: fact.
Whether or not the absentee's are affecting the thinking or policies of the owners isn't really the issue here because even if attendances were double the current figures there still might not be any more investment into the working model, we don't know. A loss of 60% of fans in just 10 years is excessive for what ever the reasons and underlines in hard figures just how big the decline has been since SISU's arrival.

clint van damme

What ever the motive behind the fans reasons for none attendance, be it NOPM, apathy, or just total disenchantment? There is only one common denominator that exists for the period in question from December 2007 to December 2017 and that is SISU: fact.
Whether or not the absentee's are affecting the thinking or policies of the owners isn't really the issue here because even if attendances were double the current figures there still might not be any more investment into the working model, we don't know. A loss of 60% of fans in just 10 years is excessive for what ever the reasons and underlines in hard figures just how big the decline has been since SISU's arrival.

don't disagree. But despite all that they're still here. I've no idea what their motivation is as they surely can't hold out any hope of recuperating their investment.

Liquid Gold

NOPM is a hugely exaggerated urban myth. Most of the stayaways are people like me who easily can find other stuff to do rather than feed these leeches. Northampton killed it for many and year after year decline has knocked off numbers almost every season. Nobody trusts these sharks and even if all they are really getting is £400k+ for directors remuneration, then its too much. They've lied and cajoled their way over the decade with false promises and false dawns, their mismanagement has started to find the ears of everyone from past managers and officials. We now have no professional ticketing operation or our own merchandise store, not to mention facing homelessness as they pursue yet more fruitless court action. I hope they have fucked off by 2021 so we can at last really celebrate the City of Culture event without all the division.
IF you think NOPM is an urban myth then you obviously don't look at the Facebook group/ the clubs Facebook and twitter or the telegraph comments. Tonnes of people claim NOPM at any opportunity.

Wheelfass

don't disagree. But despite all that they're still here. I've no idea what their motivation is as they surely can't hold out any hope of recuperating their investment.
You wouldn't think so that's for sure. Maybe if they stuck it out for a long indefinite period and sold enough young talent with sell-on clauses they may get a bit of a return. Put that together with another ground share - somewhere -at a reduced rent then who knows? None of us have any idea do we.

wince

Didn't Ranson promise when people handed over there Shares , that the one thing he could guarantee was that the Club would be in a better place, when they left, than when they came , maybe he thinks Northampton is better than coventry

Kingokings204

But even with no home fans they would still receive revenue.

True but the point is and I agree is if no fans turned up say attendances of 100 or 200 how long would sisu last for?

Also how much revenue would they get from these crowds?

NOPM doesn’t exist

Nick

Administrator
True but the point is and I agree is if no fans turned up say attendances of 100 or 200 how long would sisu last for?

Also how much revenue would they get from these crowds?

How long would CCFC last for is the more important question?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's an average of 11,472 unreasonable excuses each week according to some on here!

Monkeyface

I would say it' not been taken up by enough. Had Tim Fishers predicted 6000 turned up at Sixfields we'd have been there a lot longer. Despite what they sat, CCFC are funding the legal fight. So it' not only legitimising bad practice, it' funding it too.

oucho

The Oystens.
They did get Blackpool to the PL and they are still in a league above us. Oyston took over where they were lower or same as where they are now, not 2 divisions higher.

But he gets no brownie points for that as he is a convicted sexual predator. For all of their faults Tim and Joy are not even on the same scale as that vile individual.

Londonccfcfan

Name me a club which after several relegations hasn’t had a significant reduction in attendance.

Brylowes

I think they see the legal action as the only egg left in their basket, when they have
Reached a conclusion I’m sure they’ll be gone.
Where the club will be then I dread to think.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sunderland: (our best mates) attendances -
2016/17. Home average 41,000
2017/18 home average 27,000
If they get related this season they'll get around 20,000 next season which is still bloody good for league 1 but give the another 10 years of doom and gloom what then ? What a shame that would be.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sunderland: (our best mates) attendances -
2016/17. Home average 41,000
2017/18 home average 27,000
If they get related this season they'll get around 20,000 next season which is still bloody good for league 1 but give the another 10 years of doom and gloom what then ? What a shame that would be.
Bet they'll all be saying it's Jims fault and they should never have left Roker Park

skyblue025

They did get Blackpool to the PL and they are still in a league above us. Oyston took over where they were lower or same as where they are now, not 2 divisions higher.

But he gets no brownie points for that as he is a convicted sexual predator. For all of their faults Tim and Joy are not even on the same scale as that vile individual.

They have also completely redeveloped the stadium which they own and never took the club to play 30 miles away. Yes they are shit and treat the fans with contempt but not a patch on our morons.

oucho

They have also completely redeveloped the stadium which they own and never took the club to play 30 miles away. Yes they are shit and treat the fans with contempt but not a patch on our morons.

Owen Oyston is a rapist. I would take Tim Fisher, for all his failures, 100 times out of 100 over that sick c**t.

Users who are viewing this thread