attendance (1 Viewer)

covgal1985

it would be great if ppl would start coming to the games we aint playing that badly atm and having low attendances is making other team fans laugh at us. I know we aint the worst supported club in the championship and the fans that were there on tue were really loud and outsung the cardiff lot most of the time. It would be great if the staff at the club would do something to get the fans in and for the team to play there hearts out when there is alot of fans there. So lets get behind the team and sing our hearts out and maybe we will do better this season then last.

Coventry La La La

it would be great if ppl would start coming to the games we aint playing that badly atm and having low attendances is making other team fans laugh at us. I know we aint the worst supported club in the championship and the fans that were there on tue were really loud and outsung the cardiff lot most of the time. It would be great if the staff at the club would do something to get the fans in and for the team to play there hearts out when there is alot of fans there. So lets get behind the team and sing our hearts out and maybe we will do better this season then last.

Well said but I can't see are attendances getting any better untill we have some sucess, such as getting far in the F.A cup or getting promoted these "fans" will turn up for the odd occasion when City might achieve something (Chelsea in the FA cup) Is a good example.

wont fill are stadium untill we are in the premierleague :mad: a depressing fact :(

Last edited:

covgal1985

yeah thats true we always get lots of fans when we r playing top teams like the 13000 fans that went to man utd i bet half of them dont go to most of the games. Im a season ticket holder and i love going to games i sometimes take my 15 month old son to some home games im taking him this sat im bringing him up to be a cov supporter as i think we need more fans lol

Coventry La La La

yeah thats true we always get lots of fans when we r playing top teams like the 13000 fans that went to man utd i bet half of them dont go to most of the games. Im a season ticket holder and i love going to games i sometimes take my 15 month old son to some home games im taking him this sat im bringing him up to be a cov supporter as i think we need more fans lol

Nice to hear :D we definetly need more fans!

:welcome: Also welcome back to the site :wave:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
We would all love higher attendances but it's going to take a sustained run in the top 6ish or a good FA Cup run before fans start believing and coming back. I'm a season ticket holder anyway and if your a fan getting a season ticket is all you can do for your teams attendance really.

Hi Sarah, looks like you joined SBT a couple of years ago but as you haven't posted in a while, why not re-introduce yourself in the new sky blues section :) Would be good to get some more regular posters such as yourself :wave:

covgal1985

thanks it has been a while being busy kept me of the site but im glad im back now i've got free time :p

covgal1985

i know covlad but being there that day seemed like a lot more although it was a great day :p

ccfc luke

As much as i want the attendances to increase it will annoy me seeing all the "fans" that start turning up as soon as we get a bit of success.

ccfcadz

I think attendances at football are lower in general have you seen the empty seats at Old Trafford this season apparently United lost 8 million quid on falling attendances alone.

That aside I think alot of the people who have left the ricoh will sadly never come back no matter how we do on the pitch

BenInTurin

Facebook User
One thing I would say to all the loyal fans out there, when the support does start returning, welcome them back to the family. I can see returning fans being put off by loyal fans taking offence to their picking and choosing of which games to watch. Make it a game for them to remember for the right reasons and maybe you'll see them at the next game! It's the main thing I miss the most living in Italy and the only game on when I'm back at xmas is Cardiff away on Boxing day :( I might go, but I might have my daughter so unfortunately she takes priority.

Man Utd have a very strange booking system from what I've heard plus their fans want to get rid of the owners.

SkyBlueMania

I went to the West brom FA cup tie a few seasons ago where we managed around 28 000, one of the best attendances to date at the Ricoh. I came all the way down from Glasgow with my little brother to go to the match, and yes it was because it was a big FA cup tie that we came. There is no way i can afford to travel down regularly, so it made sense to go to a game with some atmosphere and importance seeing as we were going nowhere in the league.
During the game, tempers were flaring due to the pumping we were receiving, and during the second half a furore started behind me in the stand. A group, possibly large family, of season ticket holders were venting all of their rage about the poor showing of the team on to the 'fairweather' fans who had turned up for the game, making use of a lot of vulgar language in the process. A couple in their 50/60's sitting a few rows in front, who had their grandchildren with them, turned round and asked the group to grow up and censor some of their choice of words in front of the kids, to which two 40ish year old men attempted to physically assault the old man, only being held back by the other family members. They accused the couple of not being real fans, to which they replied they had season tickets and went to every home game. They were bringing their grandkids to their first game. The nutters then hurled a load more of abuse at the old couple before as they left early.

Having seen that, i fully understand how our attendances are poor

Hullinho87

I think the attendance argument is a healthy one to have. It is inevitable that fans will return when you are doing well and this will cause some resentment among regular match goers.

We are lucky, though, that we support a team from a one club city - this means that success or not, hasn't stopped the football club being the centre of the community and football fans conversations down the pub or wherever. It is highly unlikely that these people have gone watching other teams - they are STILL Coventry fans but have different priorities on which to spend there disposable income.

Of course, there will be exceptions, but I am pretty confident that 95% of Coventrians wish the team to do well every season. Whether they return to watch games or not is another question.

What I always think (daydream) about is thinking about whether we made it to Wembley, most likley through the playoffs - the City would be overcome with excitement. We wouldn't gain any new fans necessarily, but all the dormant fans would come alive.
What Cov fan in thier right mind wouldn't welcome this again, wouldn't welcome Broadgate having 150,000 people crammed in the day after the victory??
In '87 we didn't have 50,000+ fans at Highfield Rd, but we took that to Wembley, who cares now if this was the only game that half of that number attended that season.

When Blackpool scored that first home goal in the Premier League this season and sheer ecstasy broke out in the stands - do you think that the 2009 season ticket holders were looking aroung pointing,"saying you shouldn't be cheering, you wern't here last year"!
No they bloody were not, they were just hugging each other as if it was the best few seconds of thier life!

We should be grateful that we are a Sky Blue loving city, every Coventrian is - it's just that some will supress it, until that deep in-built passion, that has always been there, is reawoken in them!
I for one would welcome these fans back with open arms!

Coventry La La La

I think the attendance argument is a healthy one to have. It is inevitable that fans will return when you are doing well and this will cause some resentment among regular match goers.

We are lucky, though, that we support a team from a one club city - this means that success or not, hasn't stopped the football club being the centre of the community and football fans conversations down the pub or wherever. It is highly unlikely that these people have gone watching other teams - they are STILL Coventry fans but have different priorities on which to spend there disposable income.

Of course, there will be exceptions, but I am pretty confident that 95% of Coventrians wish the team to do well every season. Whether they return to watch games or not is another question.

What I always think (daydream) about is thinking about whether we made it to Wembley, most likley through the playoffs - the City would be overcome with excitement. We wouldn't gain any new fans necessarily, but all the dormant fans would come alive.
What Cov fan in thier right mind wouldn't welcome this again, wouldn't welcome Broadgate having 150,000 people crammed in the day after the victory??
In '87 we didn't have 50,000+ fans at Highfield Rd, but we took that to Wembley, who cares now if this was the only game that half of that number attended that season.

When Blackpool scored that first home goal in the Premier League this season and sheer ecstasy broke out in the stands - do you think that the 2009 season ticket holders were looking aroung pointing,"saying you shouldn't be cheering, you wern't here last year"!
No they bloody were not, they were just hugging each other as if it was the best few seconds of thier life!

We should be grateful that we are a Sky Blue loving city, every Coventrian is - it's just that some will supress it, until that deep in-built passion, that has always been there, is reawoken in them!
I for one would welcome these fans back with open arms!

I Couldn't agree more... Hopefully if we ever get back into the Premierleague the returning fans are welcomed back instead of getting abuse..

Users who are viewing this thread