Attendance (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Really surprised at how low the turn-out was on Saturday, considering the club had put on the reduced prices. I was expected to see around 20k at least. I guess, despite lowered prices, the years of rubbish have really pushed some fans away.
It's sad that it's got to this stage, but I guess I can understand why some people may have become disallusioned.

Really think though, that if you can make the last 2 home games, then do your best to. The club needs us, now more than ever.

PUSB!!

Coventry La La La

The club's put more ticket offer's on so hopefully rescent result's bring some fan's back up for the remaining home games. Last home game of the season with Kit launch should attract alot more fan's aswell.

Last edited:

JazzCat

to be honest i think there was more there than they announced. It was almost the same as the last game and there were far more people there.

Macca

An offer like this when there is something to play for in terms of the season would get 20,000 plus I think. Not discrediting the offer, very positive, but the season is dead on its arse now.

sky_blue_up_north

to be honest i think there was more there than they announced. It was almost the same as the last game and there were far more people there.

Got to agree I though about 18K, it was also very noisy for a change

Jimthor

I reckon we had near enough 20k in there. Way more than got announced.

rob9872

The big question is whether people even knew? I think marketing has something to answer for. Some of the guys here at work would have only made other excuses regardless and not gone, but when asking me about the game this morning, I asked them why they didn't go and none of them had any idea about the offer.

Sure I could have spread the word last week and never thought to, I also don't work in Coventry but if the message isn't getting through then our methods need reviewing. Does anyone know if we have billboards in the City Centre for things like this? Tehy are pretty inexpensive and I would have thought we should hold a couple in prime locations all year round. Some people just need reminding.

rob9872

Tbh if there is nothing to play for it is hard to encourage people to attend. The prices may sway some but it's not just the price of the entrance.

I know you can just turn up and go, but many will have food, drink, programme not to mention travel and/or car parking. Total it up (and it could be for wife/gf too and kids or alternatively time away from the family at a weekend can be off-puuting) and it can still amout to a tidy sum even with a cheap ticket.

Add to this the fact that most other times they have probably done the same and we have served them trash, then there is little incentive to give it another go yet. It's disappointing as those who did go will testify how contrasting it now is, but it will take longer to entice people back than a solitary cheap ticket offer.

Last edited:

rob9872

Also ... why does everyone always think the attendance is fiddled? What would be the reason for it because I would hardly think a company with the set up we have would risk trying to scam a few quid in tax, it just wouldn't be worth the risk/reward.

Leeds brought 6,000 so we know there were nearly 5,000 short in that end. The corners block off another 1,000 each at the Scoreboard and block 25 and when you look at the empty seats particularly in the posh stand and the side parts of the Telegraph it can't be a million miles out.

Rich

I think there were more home fans than usual. I took £100 worth more bets than usual, but there was not so many away fans. I still thought it more like 18k than 16k though.

Jimthor

The big question is whether people even knew? I think marketing has something to answer for. Some of the guys here at work would have only made other excuses regardless and not gone, but when asking me about the game this morning, I asked them why they didn't go and none of them had any idea about the offer.

Sure I could have spread the word last week and never thought to, I also don't work in Coventry but if the message isn't getting through then our methods need reviewing. Does anyone know if we have billboards in the City Centre for things like this? Tehy are pretty inexpensive and I would have thought we should hold a couple in prime locations all year round. Some people just need reminding.

I think there was a fair amount of publicity for the offer; it had quite a few mentions in the local press (like the Coventry Telegraph), and was mentioned quite frequently on facebook and twitter.

rob9872

"was mentioned quite frequently on facebook and twitter"

Technophobes like me don't use this :)

smileycov

Facebook User
rob, Reading is also £12.50 and scunny is kids for a quid..........Start spreading the news!! (as big Frank would say :D)

rob9872

I'm leaving today :)

well ok I'm not, but that's not the song - I'll email everyone now so there's no excuse!

Nick

Administrator
I think there were more home fans than usual. I took £100 worth more bets than usual, but there was not so many away fans. I still thought it more like 18k than 16k though.

The queue after the game was shocking. Maybe they all bet on 2-1 like me.

What happened to that big electronic sign that sits on the roundabout? They should have had that out for the week advertising the cheap prices so everybody on their way to and from work can see that there is an offer.

brinner

wasnt a bad attendance even at reduced prices, loads of people have gone away on their holidays for easter so an increase of about 2000 in the home ends was about right, should get a similar crowd this friday with the kids for a quid thing.

id expect a fair few more for the reading game tho with the reduced prices especially being last game of the season, should get 20000 + for that.

Covstu

Lets face it, in between managers, clueless boardroom, no where in the league and nothing to play for........i wonder why we are not getting 20k fans???

Users who are viewing this thread