Attendances (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Going by our poll about 300 fans will be at Northampton next season.

If I am going to be kind we could say 1000

What clubs will have a greater attendance than us. That 7 years ago you would never imagine in a million years?

ccfcway

there will be 3k at least i reckon..

many many fans dont post on here......

Bristol will bring a crowd as well

Otis

First game will be close to 5,000 I think. There will be a full house of away fans (1,250) and about 3,000 City fans.

Do think it will wane very quickly though as Autumn an Winter set in and especially if we start doing badly. Will also have an effect if we start on -15 points. That could mean the season is a wash out from the start and may well put people off with nothing but a lower table scrap to fight for.

saltaire bantam

You ought to post on all L1 forums asking away fans not to attend, very few of Bradford went to MK. I won't be going to Sixfields.

dongonzalos

First game will be close to 5,000 I think. There will be a full house of away fans (1,250) and about 3,000 City fans.

Do think it will wane very quickly though as Autumn an Winter set in and especially if we start doing badly. Will also have an effect if we start on -15 points. That could mean the season is a wash out from the start and may well put people off with nothing but a lower table scrap to fight for.

So that would mean for every 3 fans at the Ricoh. If you spoke to them 2 would say they would not go and 1 would say they would go.

Sorry Otis to me I can't see that I would guess if you spoke to 10 fans 1 would say they would go.

ccfcway

Do you include Bristol in the 3k or do you think 3k cov fans will go. As in one in three who went to the Ricoh.?

I was incluing Bristol, however Istill think we will get more than we reckon.

I would personally like it if we didnt have ONE fan there. All stand outside on the bank and sing and cheer

Spionkop

On a very good day in the past we might have 1500 away fans. The norm was about 800. Longer midweek trips 400 maybe. The average season ticket holder at the Ricoh only went to a few away games, if at all. Where are all the travelling supporters going to come from?
With travel, time, expense, poorer quality facilities, three of the stands at Northampton are low level, a poor quality team, better players gone, no Ricoh equivalent facilities for the prawn sandwich brigade etc etc, they be maybe 800 City scabs at Sixfields on day one. The corporate will disappear, they won't like the inferior surroundings. Come later in the season when reality kicks in, crowds will drop even lower. Could be talking 300/500. I HOPE FOR THIS, I really do. I think it will be the reality of it all.
I've been a City avid (to put it mildly) fan since 1959. Missed 3 home games in that time. Pains me to type this but anyone who goes to Sixfields is driving another nail into the coffin.

Sky Blue Pete

Do you really think 3000 on a Sunday afternoon??

Otis

So that would mean for every 3 fans at the Ricoh. If you spoke to them 2 would say they would not go and 1 would say they would go.

Sorry Otis to me I can't see that I would guess if you spoke to 10 fans 1 would say they would go.

No,not at all. Everyone I have spoken to has said they won't go.

Sunny Sunday, lure of a new campaign and new players and the love of the City though I think will draw a few more in, including a few of those who have initially said they won't go.

A bit of curiosity and suck it and see attitude. I can easily see 3,000 there first game.

And I think the fact is IS Sunday might suit quite a few fans too without the normal Saturday commitments.

RFC

Budgeting for between 3,500 &amp; 6,500 I believe,<br />
FREE PARKING + FREE BUSES!<br />
Let's just wait and see?

italiahorse

Let's just wait and see?

Even the budgets are wrong then. 6,500 :confused:
The survey suggests otherwise and even some of them will not last.

I could do with a laugh so tell me what are they budgeting on the number of season tickets?

Otis

Let's just wait and see?

Why?

The club itself have only budgeted for about 2,000 - 3,000 according to CWR.

dongonzalos

No,not at all. Everyone I have spoken to has said they won't go.

Sunny Sunday, lure of a new campaign and new players and the love of the City though I think will draw a few more in, including a few of those who have initially said they won't go.

A bit of curiosity and suck it and see attitude. I can easily see 3,000 there first game.

And I think the fact is IS Sunday might suit quite a few fans too without the normal Saturday commitments.

Interesting
Can't see it myself, 1000 or less I am very confident.

Ashdown1

I really hope and implore fans of other clubs not to travel to Northampton but to make a stand and give this game a miss in the name of decency to your fellow football supporters. A campaign should be started to plea with away fans to do something else on the days when their teams play the SISU franchise.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Let's just wait and see?

I thought that one of our big problems was that we didn't get the revenue from the parking at the Ricoh.

Oh how times change.

Users who are viewing this thread