Away days only for me!!!!! (1 Viewer)

sotv1987

I know I'm probably going to get slated and accused of not being a true fan, but after 34 years as a supporter the last 20 years as a season ticket holder, it hurts me to say that I am done with going to home games and lining the pockets of SISU/CCFC/OPIUM or whatever you want to call them, I am amazed that the club has just been handed back to them by the SISU appointment puppet PA, I will follow my beloved club to all away games and via CWR for home games until these unwelcome owners are a distant memory!! Only my personal opinion!!! Let the onslaught and character assassination begin!!!!

theferret

I know I'm probably going to get slated and accused of not being a true fan, but after 34 years as a supporter the last 20 years as a season ticket holder, it hurts me to say that I am done with going to home games and lining the pockets of SISU/CCFC/OPIUM or whatever you want to call them, I am amazed that the club has just been handed back to them by the SISU appointment puppet PA, I will follow my beloved club to all away games and via CWR for home games until these unwelcome owners are a distant memory!! Only my personal opinion!!! Let the onslaught and character assassination begin!!!!

No, you will not be slated. On the contrary, it is the people who are planning to go to home games that are being criticised it seems. 'Scabs' apparently.

I respect your decision and the reasons for it, but I hope others can respect those if they choose to attend home games.

Away games will certainly be fun next season!

Evo1883

im not going home or away until SISU are gone be it 2 weeks or 5 years , i go to around 15 home games a season and around 7-8 away normally plus cup games etc ,no more ,i respect everybodys decision even if i think they are mad lol

theferret

im not going home or away until SISU are gone be it 2 weeks or 5 years , i go to around 15 home games a season and around 7-8 away normally plus cup games etc ,no more ,i respect everybodys decision even if i think they are mad lol

Out of interest, why would you not go to away games? Surely that would be the best way for us to demonstrate how much we care and how much potential we have as a club. It would be a great message to send out to prospective buyers would it not, because I doubt turning up to a empty stadium at home games will make them reach for their cheque book. They'd need to see some sign that there is potential there somewhere.

sotv1987

No, you will not be slated. On the contrary, it is the people who are planning to go to home games that are being criticised it seems. 'Scabs' apparently.

I respect your decision and the reasons for it, but I hope others can respect those if they choose to attend home games.

Away games will certainly be fun next season!

I respect anyone's decision to follow the city, home or away!! It is there choice!!!
Agreed, really looking forward to the away days mate!!!

sotv1987

Out of interest, why would you not go to away games? Surely that would be the best way for us to demonstrate how much we care and how much potential we have as a club. It would be a great message to send out to prospective buyers would it not, because I doubt turning up to a empty stadium at home games will make them reach for their cheque book. They'd need to see some sign that there is potential there somewhere.

Great post and fully agreed!!

kingharvest

if we do play at walsall, I hope by the end of the season our average away attendance is much bigger than our home.

I'll be at away only, tickets might be a premium!

sotv1987

if we do play at walsall, I hope by the end of the season our average away attendance is much bigger than our home.

Tickets may be a premium, but still worth turning out in force without tickets to show our unrelenting support to prospective purchasers!!!

Mexico70

I am with you on this and my history with City is very similar to yours -

Whilst I expect that there will be a significant number of like-minded supporters, there will also be a number of season ticket holders - albeit (hopefully) lower than last season and with them getting the priority for away tickets, I think we will have a few nervous "will I get a ticket/get in" moments next season. Grrrrr!

SkyBlueHomer

kingharvest;463620 I'll be at away only said:
This is what we need to aim for, a higher average attendance away from where ever 'home' happens to be. Be difficult with some of the slums in this league but sell them out all the same.
For me hopping all parties do a u-turn & its the Ricoh otherwise they can stuff it

sotv1987

Support the TEAM not the OWNERS, whoever they are!

Supporting the team means supporting and lining the pockets if the owners, this I will not do!!!
Like I said, I won't knock anyone for going to home games, I fully respect the decision of the individual, and I would expect respect for my decision!!

Hopefully it's short term pain, for long term gain!!!

J

Jack Griffin

Support the TEAM not the OWNERS, whoever they are!

So on that analogy I guess if you were a patriotic German in the early part of the last century you have supported the aims of the German state in 1939-45 no matter what.

oakey

I think it is still more likely that a deal will now be done to stay at the Ricoh.
So the real question will be, will you get a season ticket for the Ricoh with SISU still owners, or will you pay on the gate, or not go at all?

wingy

It may cause trouble with FL but I fear the club will not make tickets simple to purchase.

sotv1987

I think it is still more likely that a deal will now be done to stay at the Ricoh.
So the real question will be, will you get a season ticket for the Ricoh with SISU still owners, or will you pay on the gate, or not go at all?

Not at all, regardless where they play there home game, while SISU are owners I will stay away!!! ( with a heavy heart)

The Reverend Skyblue

No I despise these owners far too much to even consider attending a home game, let alone a season ticket, and I speak for the other family members who go regularly.

There was a lot of anger on here last night after the administrators decision, and one or two posters confidently claimed that once everyone had cooled down, most if not all would still go and watch home or away games and forget and forgive SISU.
Well I won't change my mind until they go and go for good. I have simply had enough of SISU, and i'm sick to death of all the trouble and strife at Cov. I need enjoyable Saturdays to return, like the good old days when I counted down the days to the next match day. This has happened for a long time so we are all trying something new to bring that feeling back.

SISU will keep on lying,
SISU will keep on deceiving,
SISU will never invest in the team to even put in a half hearted challenge for promotion,
SISU will never care about the fans,
SISU will still patronise the fans with the garbage they come out with, somehow believing that we will actually take it in
SISU will still look at the fans as an irritation, and continue to alienate them
SISU will continue to lump even more debt on the club with their incompetence
SISU will continue to charge us these huge management charges

and finally

SISU will finally kill the club, and I won't have anything to do with that

Users who are viewing this thread