Baker cannot be that bad (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Carl Baker in football league team of the week ! Some of the derogrative comments on the board about how he played against Brentford seem a little unfounded as football critics seem to disagree :slap:

Otis

Very hard to be critical of him this season. His goal tally has been fantastic and he has been one of our best players without doubt.

stupot07

He along with the entire midfield were poor on Saturday, I don't know how he's in the team of week, I presume it's the fact he scored and not based on someone watching the match.

Nonleagueherewecome

His passing was very poor Saturday but his dribbling, tackling and work rate were good. And he scored.

Samo

Carl Baker in football league team of the week ! Some of the derogrative comments on the board about how he played against Brentford seem a little unfounded as football critics seem to disagree :slap:

No he can't, and he isn't!

jon92

With baker sometimes just tries to do to much and when he keeps cutting in on his left foot too predictable

Nonleagueherewecome

It's a terrible division...

johnwillomagic

Baker has done well this year and has found his level in that he is an above average league one player. No-one can deny he has had a good season.
However based on performance of both teams no player from either should be in team of week, it really was a dire game and I did not see anyone who rated above a 6 out of 10 for either team in a truly terrible game.

Cov have not a lot to play for and had not attacking threat at all.
Brentford considering where they are in league were very disappointing, however was glad as Cov at least got a point from a very mediocre display! :p

Sky Blue Pete

Face facts those of you that were negative - you are not very good at recognising a good football player or performance

letsallsingtogether

He has won the Irish Supporters senior Player of the year..................

:eek::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Delboycov

For me he deserves the main player of the year award not just for his goals,effort and all round improvement this year but also because he has been the best ambassador the club has had in years with his great interaction with fans.

Sadly I think its his level...still a good season thou and I like him, he shows its important to him as Captain to win and I think the lads need that passion...hope I wrong about it just being his level would love to see him rise through the leagues with us. PUSB

skybluesteve76

We will see how good Baker is when he's playing back in the Championship next season!

How anyone has slated him this year is beyond me!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

TheSnoz

"For me he deserves the main player of the year award not just for his goals,effort and all round improvement this year but also because he has been the best ambassador the club has had in years with his great interaction with fans. "

What Dellboy says above, agree 100%.
Never understood the flak Carl Baker takes from a minority. He's the kind of player that runs with the ball, takes players on, shoots from distance, has the ability to get to the line and cross. Surely that's what we all like to see? Really rate him and what Dellboy says about him being a real ambassador for the club, absolutely agree. Especially in these times when the running of the club (with the exception of Steve Waggott - who from what I can make out is doing a creditable job in horrible circumstances) is a shambles.
Hope Carl Baker is here next season.

pusbccfc

This talk about Baker 'finding his level'...

Well if he's our best player at this level, I dread to think what the other players will be like.

covcity4life

football leage is right but fans that go to games dont know shit? hummmmmmm

baker has been brilliant this year but he was not good vs brentford.

Users who are viewing this thread