Batman vs Superman (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

I'm a right comic cook film nerd, went to the first screening last night

Bit of a mess let me say.
Reviews aren't favourable neither , safe to say they fucked it up.

Affleck is a very Good Batman tho.

Otis

To me it seems a daft meld anyway. The two worlds that Batman and Superman inherit are completely and totally different.

Gotham is a much darker, brooding, menacing and corrupt city and Batman the much darker character too, to Superman's policeman of America tag.

stupot07

Surely Superman is far harder than batman? I love batman but he is just an ordinary guy who fights crime. Superman can fly, is harder than steel and faster than a speeding gun, unless batman has some kryptonite, Superman wins hands down?

Most superheros have some kind of genetic mutation which gives them super human strength or special ability, but not batman?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

...Gotham is a much darker, brooding, menacing and corrupt city and Batman the much darker character too...

They tried to do Batman the Musical a while back.

The Joker returns to Gotham City on Christmas eve..

[video=youtube;R5NbD5bXyZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5NbD5bXyZI[/video]

Johnnythespider

I think they should have made the film Batfink vs Superman, his wings are like a shield of steel

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

The key here seems to be having the comic companies involved. Look at Marvel's record since they've started making films in house. Hit after hit. Even the ones that weren't expected to do so well, e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy, have done huge business.

Meanwhile the ones they don't make themselves are a mess. There's been some dire X-Men files, Fantastic Four was so bad they cancelled the announced sequel and SpiderMan has been handed back to Marvel.

Same with DC, you get the odd good film but loads of misses, the Superman reboot being a prime example.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Personally loved the Christopher Nolan batman trilogy

wingy

Hoping to see it over the weekend.
For the Batman Input really, for all the reasons Otis described.

J

Jack Griffin

Loved Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man wasn't too bad either.

Hearing this film is really shit, huge budget, crap plot, just lots of action.

Been heavily promoted by the Meerkats in an effort to stop it being a financial disaster.

PTA

I'm a right comic cook film nerd, went to the first screening last night

Bit of a mess let me say.
Reviews aren't favourable neither , safe to say they fucked it up.

Affleck is a very Good Batman tho.
Suicide squad will put it to shame.

Pipehitterz

Suicide squad will put it to shame.

i dunno, i really want it to be good, jared leto looks amazing, but the last trailer looked terrible, a cgi fest, and jai courtney looks like he's gonna be a main character, and i fucking despise him grrrrr.

but honestly i really really want it to be great, the bad thing in all DC universe films, is theyve never really succeeded and made a really good movie, MARVEL have a 60% success rate at least and have produced some amazing films
honestly stuggling to think what DC film is great? maybe batman series, where they moved into this murky world, but now all their films are depressing , wheres the humor gone?

Pipehitterz

The Dark Knight has to be one of the best films ever. The Joker was brilliantly played by Heath Ledger.
I only really liked the first in the trilogy. Heath ledger was Good , but would it be seen as Good 'if ' he hadn't died? Jack nickleson was better IMO , and I expect Jared leto to be even better
The 3rd one was a complete load of Shit , Nolan had obviously got more famous and completely bored by then.

PTA

i dunno, i really want it to be good, jared leto looks amazing, but the last trailer looked terrible, a cgi fest, and jai courtney looks like he's gonna be a main character, and i fucking despise him grrrrr.

but honestly i really really want it to be great, the bad thing in all DC universe films, is theyve never really succeeded and made a really good movie, MARVEL have a 60% success rate at least and have produced some amazing films
honestly stuggling to think what DC film is great? maybe batman series, where they moved into this murky world, but now all their films are depressing , wheres the humor gone?
I thought the last trailer was incredible!! And Jai Courtney was born to play Captain Boomerang. If there's a weak link it's Margot Robbie. She looks dogshit.

dancers lance

I will not be watching this movie for one reason, Ben Affleck, the bloke is prize prick, a festering little turd of a man who should do us all a favour and become a hermit, quickly, and preferably somewhere on the dark side of the Moon.

Pipehitterz

I will not be watching this movie for one reason, Ben Affleck, the bloke is prize prick, a festering little turd of a man who should do us all a favour and become a hermit, quickly, and preferably somewhere on the dark side of the Moon.
well unfortunately for you , affleck is possible THE Best Batman there has been.
In fact most reviewers have said he's the only thing that's great in the movie. I have to agree

dancers lance

But fortunately for me I wasn't talking about his acting abilities, I was talking about the man. His portrayal of the dark knight could be one of the finest pieces of cinema ever made and win him many Oscars, but the bloke will still be a twat.
well unfortunately for you , affleck is possible THE Best Batman there has been.
In fact most reviewers have said he's the only thing that's great in the movie. I have to agree

ccfc92

I only really liked the first in the trilogy. Heath ledger was Good , but would it be seen as Good 'if ' he hadn't died? Jack nickleson was better IMO , and I expect Jared leto to be even better
The 3rd one was a complete load of Shit , Nolan had obviously got more famous and completely bored by then.

I'd have to disagree. His performance is brilliant IMO. Plays a genius/psychotic character fantastically.

I agree with the 3rd one, didn't really rate it.

stupot07

I'd have to disagree. His performance is brilliant IMO. Plays a genius/psychotic character fantastically.

I agree with the 3rd one, didn't really rate it.
Yeah Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight was brilliant. Not sure how anyone can dispute that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread