Beans on Toast Or Cheese on Toast? (1 Viewer)

Cheese on Toast or Beans on Toast

• Total voters

Rich

I think this is one of the greatest questions ever put to mankind. Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer a nice mature chedder on white toast, cos I love the creamy but strong flavouring.

Last edited:

rob9872

Cheese (but with lashings of cayenne pepper on it). Both very under-rated meals taht we rarely have. I think the Mrs sees them as a compromise and feels she hasn't done a proper dinner, but both (or poached eggs on) are fine by me :)

CovScott88

Cheese (but with lashings of cayenne pepper on it). Both very under-rated meals taht we rarely have. I think the Mrs sees them as a compromise and feels she hasn't done a proper dinner, but both (or poached eggs on) are fine by me :)

Good to know im not alone in doing that Rob!
I normally have extra mature cheddar on toast, with cayenne pepper and jalapeno's. Mint!!

skyblueprincess

Ok im going all Jamie Oliver on this one (apart from the naked bit of course)

For crisp cheese on toast

Ingredients

2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
6 slices bread, crust removed
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Combine mayonnaise and mustard;
spread on one side of each slice of bread.
Cut each slice into four triangles;
place with plain side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Sprinkle with cheese.
heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
And then enjoy ... Yum Yum

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Cheese on toast for me ..... mature cheddar on a baguette with a chilli sauce or sliced tomato on top :D

damn now i 'm hungry ! wheres me grater and grill !

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

Cheesey peas on rye - Paul Whitehouse told me!

Seriously though - has to be cheddar on brown bread for me, with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.

rob9872

I gotta try this Cayenne Pepper stuff. Never heard of it before.

Wow! really never had it? Amazing stuff, peps up even the blandest of things but great on stuff like cottage pie too.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Cheese on toast with MARMITE!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmm!!!!! :cool:

Houchens Head

Just for you Rob!!!! :D

512OY8CILYL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!! Lashings of it!!!

Last edited:

rob9872

Ugh! :( :(

Houchens Head

Didn't realise you could get Marmite abroad.

OoArr! We be a bit countryfied down 'ere on t'island, but if ye rummage around t'undergrowth it's amezzin' what can be found! :D

rob9872

I remember hearing Uncle Albert in court on OFAH and they were dismissing his stories of being overseas saying that he was only stationed for much of the war on the Isle of Wight and he retorted "You wanna try walking there ship-mate" :)

Houchens Head

Frogs legs on Toast?

Has anyone else had frogs legs? They are absolutely delish!!!! They REALLY do taste a bit like chicken. I had some at the Thai Dusit on the London Road a few years back. I draw the line at snails though! Yuch! Just the thought!! :(

Rich

I love the roof terrace Cafe right next to the ferry terminal in Yarmouth Houch. Have you been there?

Houchens Head

We (me and 'er indoors) go into Yarmouth a lot Rich. We're only about 6 or 7 minutes away by car. I haven't used the rooftop cafe yet but I know which one you mean. I like the Bugle Inn for a pint aswell. Nice inside. I go fishing off the pier nearly every day during summer. Catch loads of bass and makerel.
If you ever fancy comin' down for again, let me know and we'll arrange to meet up for a pint!​

Last edited:

Rich

it'll be a while before we come down again as we've got a little un on the way, but i'll let you know if we do.

Disorganised1

Beans on Toast, loads of butter, and a nice poached egg on top ~ fill yer boots

Users who are viewing this thread