Beckham to PSG (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just had an alert from Sky Sports News saying I can watch him be announced live now on my phone.

Is it really that big a deal?

Nick

Administrator
He is a free agent though, why the big fuss?

I wonder how many shirts they will sell from the hype ;)

RichieGunns

To be honest, the guy is a legend anyway.

All the work he does for charity and the fact that I would consider him one of footballs all round good guys.

I mean he doesn't do it for the money, he does it because he loves playing football.

He's a class above the rest in my opinion and if the wages thing is true then that only makes him an even more awesome person!

A person to be aspired too!

WYKENSKYBLUE

Arise Sir David!

its true all of his wages are to go to a local charity in Paris! top bloke 1

and along similar line Balotelli is auctioning off his camo bentley and giving the money to a charity in england.

a couple of real decent gestures in this transfer window.

Mr pot

Is he good enough to play for PSG as a first teamer ? Surely he won't be playing in the CL

Covstu

No I doubt he will play permanently similar to a Giggs cameo appearance in games I guess. Nice to see the wage donation, good to see there is still this type of approach in football and not just focussed on making a final buck for themselves.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Gotta admit before id heard about the Charity thing, i did say to myself that it couldn't be a coincidence that hes moved from earning millions in America, to one of Europs richest clubs around!

However I was wrong to jump the gun and his decision to donate his 'wage' to charity is just unheard of in modern day football and he should be respected by EVERYONE for this act

Grendel

Gotta admit before id heard about the Charity thing, i did say to myself that it couldn't be a coincidence that hes moved from earning millions in America, to one of Europs richest clubs around!

However I was wrong to jump the gun and his decision to donate his 'wage' to charity is just unheard of in modern day football and he should be respected by EVERYONE for this act

Apparantly when questoined about the signing Anceltotti did not even know he was joining. He will not play one game- the Press view this as a huge media stunt.

Grendel

Imagine how much work he will get out of being a saint giving his salary away?

Beckham's whole life revolves around making money. As he will not play anyway his salary is irrelevant. He is likely to be offered a contract as an ambassador for the club. I remain spectical.

Just read his wages will go to charity, if true then what a legend! :pimp:

Sorry Nick got to disagree. Just another PR stunt from Brand Beckham I'm afraid.
If this was a sincere gesture he would have done it on the quiet instead of craving yet more publicity to enhance the coffers of Brand Beckham (now estimated to be £160).:jerkit:
He was a very good but not exceptional football player in his prime.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry Nick got to disagree. Just another PR stunt from Brand Beckham I'm afraid.
If this was a sincere gesture he would have done it on the quiet instead of craving yet more publicity to enhance the coffers of Brand Beckham (now estimated to be £160).:jerkit:

Yep when reading more into it i agree!

hutch1972

I thought he was worth more than £160 !!! . TBH though how many prem millionaires would give charities the steam off their piss ,let alone 5 months wages

Grendel

I thought he was worth more than £160 !!! . TBH though how many prem millionaires would give charities the steam off their piss ,let alone 5 months wages

How many would hold a press conference to tell the world?

Didier Drogba is one to answer your question.

Brighton Sky Blue

Giving up 5 months' wages would be madness for the mere mortals of this world. It's only been done because his income from outside football is so obscene that this is a drop in the ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread