Bees talk to Wasps (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

Coventry Bees Speedway have entered talks with Wasps RUFC. On The Bees offal, it says for marketing opportunities.
As the Bees will soon be homeless with Brandon being sold, do any of you think this is the start of negotiations with the Wasps for the Bees to start using the Ricoh? Could they build a speedway track around the Ricoh pitch?

link here
http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3254

H

Huckerby

Don't think it's big enough.

Maybe they'll drop Bees and also become Wasps.
Imagine how their fans would feel? That'd really sting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

simonregis

I would guess it's not the Ricoh they are interested in. The Wasps are looking to build a training centre somewhere near Coventry so I guess they could work with the Bees on that, makes sense for both.

Woz01

No chance of a track going around the Ricoh pitch, they have an event at the Millennium Stadium and the put the track over the pitch and even then the track is small for speedway standards.

I'd suggest Wasps may be looking at the Brandon site for there training facility, they can redevelop the stadium which would give them much needs revenue. The stadium doesn't need to be as big as it is and could do with a bit of modernisation anyway so that in turn could give more space for a training facility.

Having said all that Broadstreet is only down the road and for a lot less money can develop that which will help Broadstreet too.

Finally there is a meeting at Binley Woods village hall 23rd July at 8pm to find out what is going on with Brandon so we might get some answers regarding this thread.

Ashdown

I can see Brandon going to upmarket houses to be honest, surely it's a prime site for some expensive homes ? Unless Bees get on board with something/someone though I can see them being consigned to sporting history.

skybluetony176

Some of the seats would need to come out I would think but it wouldn't be the first pitch with a motorsports track around it. Cowdenbeath has one although it's more square than oval. Don't think they run speedway either, just four wheels.

SkyBlueSid

Some of the seats would need to come out I would think but it wouldn't be the first pitch with a motorsports track around it. Cowdenbeath has one although it's more square than oval. Don't think they run speedway either, just four wheels.

There have been quite a few venues that have staged football and speedway. I think the only permanent one left now is Berwick Rangers & Bandits at Shielfield Park. The most recent Football League grounds that I can remember staging speedway are The Shay, Halifax, and Somerton Park Newport. It is not practical for a modern stadium to stage speedway on a regular basis, there just isn't room.

J

Jack Griffin

Coventry Bees Speedway have entered talks with Wasps RUFC. On The Bees offal, it says for marketing opportunities.
As the Bees will soon be homeless with Brandon being sold, do any of you think this is the start of negotiations with the Wasps for the Bees to start using the Ricoh? Could they build a speedway track around the Ricoh pitch?

link here

I hope not, a smaller speedway/stock car track nearby however would be an excellent idea. It would be a sad day for the City if Bees went down the tubes, the fanbase is there.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernWisdom

I hope not, a smaller speedway/stock car track nearby however would be an excellent idea. It would be a sad day for the City if Bees went down the tubes, the fanbase is there.

Devil and deep blue sea really. Don't want them hooking up with the interlopers, but don't want them bust either.

As an aside, as they're now within walking distance of me, I should go up more next season... while I can!

Johnnythespider

Went to the bees for the first time ever last Friday, I was expecting to be bored shitless but really enjoyed it, would be a shame if it folded as they are a sports team that we should be proud of, so I hope they do whatever they need to do to survive.

SkyblueBazza

link here
What might make more sense is for SISU to notice there could be an opportunity there...

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread