Beggars and Begging (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

After going to NYC, there isn't as much an issue here as there is in America. Went to the Yankee stadium, which is in the Bronx, and all around there, was people in desperate need of help :(

A little story: I was in a "Liquor Store" in Vegas, and a guy walked in and asked me to buy him some crisps as he'd just got out of hospital and had no food etc. I went with the theory that he'd asked for food rather than booze, so bought him a big bag of Lay's and he was most grateful and went on his way. The store owner said he would of kicked him out, but he asked for food so left it, but it's legal to have loaded guns in Nevada so I'm glad it went okay :bag:

dutchman

No one wants to be like that, it's heart breaking. There used to be a girl who sat up on the Barracks car park, asking for a spare quid, young { 18 }, quite pretty, blighted by God knows what sort of shit in her life......we always gave her some money in the hope she'd use it wisely. My wife would have took her home if we'd got room.

She wouldn't have accepted. If it's a girl she's almost certainly doing it to support a boyfriend or gangmaster, not herself.

bringbackrattles

The aggressive beggar is still in Bell Green most days.
Standing outside two shops asking for cash for hours on end,police have a word with him but say they can't arrest him just move him on. He rides about on a mountain bike so he's fit and looks capable to work or do something,but instead prefers to beg and annoy people.

Sick Boy

I try to give a few quid and food to the homeless people I pass regularly. Even if I don't have anything I let them know and they appreciate someone actually replying to them and treating them as a fellow human.

Users who are viewing this thread