Best and worst ever Christmas present you have been given (1 Viewer)

Otis

Will have to think on the best, cos nothing comes to mind at the moment, but worst was a hideous, short-sleeved Hawaiian 'Magnum' shirt my brother bought me one year. Foolishly, when asked, I said I liked it and therefore got an Hawaiian shirt for the next 10 Christmasses.

My favourite worst one belongs to my mate. His wife wrapped up a toilet roll and gave that to him and told him she'd given that because he was full of shit! :eek:

Last edited:

mechaishida

Best one was definitely getting Optimus Prime AND Megatron for Xmas in '87. I still remember it well, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Think I followed-through a bit, in actual fact.

Worst present ever...hmm...the usual perfunctory socks and resentment are still regular gifts, but the worst was a luminous Asics coat my mum got me in '95. Not only was it day-glo, but it was in Villa colours...

Otis

I usually never get what I have asked for, so very hard for me to choose a best present. I nearly always just get vouchers or money given me.

mechaishida

I usually never get what I have asked for, so very hard for me to choose a best present. I nearly always just get vouchers or money given me.

Yep, this is where my Xmas resentment comes from - the old ''oh I didn't know what to get you, plus the shops were packed and the kids were screaming, so here's a book token'.

I feel your burning rage.

Otis

Yep, this is where my Xmas resentment comes from - the old ''oh I didn't know what to get you, plus the shops were packed and the kids were screaming, so here's a book token'.

I feel your burning rage.

Yep, my wife and daughter think it's perfect, but to me it's just like no thought has gone in to it at all.

mechaishida

Yep, my wife and daughter think it's perfect, but to me it's just like no thought has gone in to it at all.

Well, I'd shit in their stockings, see how they likes thems apples. :D

Or get the wife a really sexist present, like a JML two-in-one steam mop and hand steamer...then she can do the cleaning properly. ;)

eastwoodsdustman

Best present I had was a second hand Destroyer BMX when I was a kid. I'd had my bike nicked about 2 months before and was distraught. Bet it only cost £30-40 too.
Worst was when I moved into my own house and my whole family decided to buy me hand tools, power tools and a fucking workbench. I think they sensed my dissapointment as I opened presents from parents, sister, Grandparents and every one was for DIY.

stupot07

Best one was definitely getting Optimus Prime AND Megatron for Xmas in '87. I still remember it well, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Think I followed-through a bit, in actual fact.

Worst present ever...hmm...the usual perfunctory socks and resentment are still regular gifts, but the worst was a luminous Asics coat my mum got me in '95. Not only was it day-glo, but it was in Villa colours...

Yeah my best ever Christmas present was getting Optimus prime, it was either 85/86 and it was hidden behind the curtain of the patio doors. Santa playing tricks on me!

worst was a woolworths diy set which had a battery drill, sander and jigsaw.....1) it was shit and 2) I was 20 and at uni when was I ever going to use it? It was from my mum, I was gutted and couldn't hide my disappointment :(

mechaishida

Yeah my best ever Christmas present was getting Optimus prime, it was either 85/86 and it was hidden behind the curtain of the patio doors. Santa playing tricks on me!

Haha, yeah it was the same with me, Prime was hiding in the Xmas tree and Megatron was hiding behind the settee.

Think mine were Spanish-made ones released via Milton Bradley, because by '87 Hasbro stopped circulating the Generation 1 toys. God only knows where my mum found them.

Didn't care though, they were authentic and I spent the next few days ruining my throat doing Megatron's evil laugh, whilst Prime was dangling over the dog's dinner. :D

tom88

Best: I had so many like playstations, electric guitar, snow boards etc but a Nokia 3320 sticks out in my mind - I was first to have one at school whilst everyone had 3310's
Worst: Usual stuff like socks and a luggage set for my suitcase.

bringbackrattles

Last year my sister got me the best of Def Leppard on c.d.to some that would be a good present,but I can't stand them.When I told her a few months later that I don't like their music,she apologized and said she got them mixed up with Led Zeppelin a band I love ! Women !

eastwoodsdustman

A long time back we did a secret santa where I used to work. My mate pulled my name out of the hat and got me 4 bottles of shandy and an erasure cd. Best present ever.
:D

NorthernWisdom

$_86.JPG

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 8

Otis

Take a wild guess!

Unless you're the kind of person who spends the previous year dropping unsubtle hints about how you really wish you could mince your own meat:thinking about:

I do like a bit of a mince from time to time to be honest.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We did a secret santa thing at work last year £10 maximum
I got a charger for an iPhone
My best was the city 85/86 city kit when I was a kid

mrtrench

When I was 16 and in the Lower Sixth my Aunt bought me a toy plane on wheels with one of those kinetic clockwork motors that allow it to roll on its own for 10 feet and make a funny noise. Two years earlier I'd have been insulted but by then I just found it funny.

Users who are viewing this thread