BEST Centre Forward since start of Premier League (1 Viewer)

Just thought I'd continue the thread of BEST / WORSE manager by including BEST Centre Forward for CCFC since the formation of the Prem League in 1991/1992 until now.

This does not strictly apply to those players wearing the number 9 shirt but those players that could score goals, lead the line and be a pain in the arse to opposing defences.

My choice has to be DION DUBLIN (try and forget his move to AV, if you can !!!)

DB was the complete CF for me, virtually unbeatable in the air, immense physical presence and, of course, our leading goalscorer for four seasons.

Additional to the attributes above was his versitility in playing brilliantly as a centre back when instructed to do so.

Over to you.

PUSB

pusbccfc

Sad to say, it could be marlon king pure class
Dion was also class
Plus a on form Gary McSheffery years back is in the running

shmmeee

Got to be Dion in my time, followed by Hartson, Keane and King, all quality players.

im-confused

Just before Mcsheffrey got sold to birmingham, he was on fire! I remember at one time, him and Stern John used to be a great strike force!

ccfc1973

Dublin (only striker to get more than 20 goals in a season in 30 years), ndlovu , keane then the best finisher I've ever seen in a city shirt, sumo Quinn!
Worse bellamy

Marty

Has to be Dion, Whelan a close second i think, i got Whelan on the back of my green and black away top back in the late 90's, just Whelan, my parents couldn't afford the numbers to go with it. To this day it still is numberless. :facepalm:

gouldberg

No mention of Clive Platt? :thinking about: :D

On a serious note Dublin is definitely the stand out.

Kuklinski

I'd like to have seen a partnership of Hartson and Keane. Also Micky Quinn and Hartson because Hartson would have been a great foil for either player.

Dublin served us well, signed for £2million, we had the best 4 years of his career and sold him for £6million. But, I would take Hartson ahead of Dublin every day of the week.

shmmeee

I was massively impressed with Hartson's quality, in a similar to way how Marlon suprised me with how good he was last season. I had an image of a big hulking center forward, but he had such skill and quality that shone through.

However Dublin was a talisman during his time here (or a "franchise player" if you prefer), he almost was CCFC. His goals, his presence at set pieces, his ability to be almost as good a center back as he was a forward all get him the nod IMO.

But I agree, either of them alongside Keane would have been a sight to behold IMO.

rob9872

Dublin was stand out. Worst is a toss up between Bellamy and Hughes if you're talking about value for money although we've had some shocking cheap ones. Kyle Lightbourne anyone?

kg82

Dublin, at a canter! But we've had some great strikers. Always thought Kevin Gallacher was quality and absolutely loved David Speedie - pretty sure they were here for start of Prem? Worst - Simon Howarth. As if to prove how awful her was, try and find ANY news about him on the net! Zilch!

skybluesteve76

Yeah I agree on Dublin for all round CF play. But for finishing on it's own Micky Quinn was awesome at times. Keano not here long enough, but was a great player. Loved Kevin Gallagher and Speedo was fab aswell. The worst has got to be John Gayle! I remember him away at Oldham once, the ball was played long to him and instead of flicking it on for wegerle to run on to, he headed it back where it had come from! Priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread