Best Christmas special (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

in recent years I'm saying gavin and Stacy
But I do love the holy episode of bottom, the gold Frankenstein and grrrr line is genius

CJ_covblaze

Vicar of Dibley.

Otis

Used to love the Morecambe and Wise ones and then the Only Fools and Horses ones too.

Don't make them like they used to.

Grendel

Used to love the Morecambe and Wise ones and then the Only Fools and Horses ones too.

Don't make them like they used to.

You mean Not Going Out didn’t cut it for you?

Otis

You mean Not Going Out didn’t cut it for you?
Gone right off it. Another one of those programmes that gives the audience what it wants and then loses its punch. Many others fallen into the same trap. Frasier especially another case in point.

Not Going Out was all about him wanting to be with Lucy and not being able to get Lucy. Once he got Lucy it went downhill. I then watched a couple with the kids in and absolutely hated them, so now stopped watching entirely.

NorthernWisdom

Gone right off it. Another one of those programmes that gives the audience what it wants and then loses its punch. Many others fallen into the same trap. Frasier especially another case in point.

Not Going Out was all about him wanting to be with Lucy and not being able to get Lucy. Once he got Lucy it went downhill. I then watched a couple with the kids in and absolutely hated them, so now stopped watching entirely.
Would agree entirely, the series with them together was dire.

That being said, I chuckled at the Christmas Special. Whether that says more about me or it...

(and yes, I suggest Grendel was taking the piss!)

clint van damme

Gavin and Stacey is about as funny as cancer as is anything with that prick Corden involved. The Office Christmas specials. Jolly Boys Outing and Blackadder my favourites.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Office is superb. The scene where she open the present in the car with the "never give up message" is TV of the highest order. Even brought a lump to the throat of an old cynic like me!

fernandopartridge

The Office is superb. The scene where she open the present in the car with the "never give up message" is TV of the highest order. Even brought a lump to the throat of an old cynic like me!
He really did a great job there of blending in poignancy. You even feel on the side of Brent himself at the end too! Perfect ending I thought.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Richard Osman has rated Mrs Brown’s Boys quite highly. I liked Richard.

Grendel

Would agree entirely, the series with them together was dire.

That being said, I chuckled at the Christmas Special. Whether that says more about me or it...

(and yes, I suggest Grendel was taking the piss!)

Outrageous - anything with Bobby Ball in brings a clever mix of comedy and poignancy - what a performance.

Grendel

Mrs Browns Boys is as funny as Last Of The Summer Wine, both rubbish !

Apparently other than the Queens Speech it was the most watched programme on Christmas Day.

NorthernWisdom

Outrageous - anything with Bobby Ball in brings a clever mix of comedy and poignancy - what a performance.
Just had to make sure you weren't tarred with the same brush ;)

Apparently other than the Queens Speech it was the most watched programme on Christmas Day.

I'd love to know who watches it, as much so I can cross the road to avoid them in the street!

Otis

Never got my head round that. Another reason Not Going Out went downhill.

I can only think that Cannon and Ball were heroes of Lee Mack when he was a kid.

Otis

Just had to make sure you weren't tarred with the same brush ;)

I'd love to know who watches it, as much so I can cross the road to avoid them in the street!
I often catch a couple of minutes when I turn over for the news (it often runs late for some reason) and I don't think I have ever laughed once. It's like we've been transported back in time to the dire sitcoms of the 70's.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Tried to watch Mrs browns boys, I just don't see the appeal

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Tried to watch Mrs browns boys, I just don't see the appeal

Me either. I like the main bloke in it. He’s got an interesting story. However the show is awful.

Otis

Me either. I like the main bloke in it. He’s got an interesting story. However the show is awful.
Well whoever does like it isn't admitting it. I have only ever met once person who says they like the show.

Are people really that embarrassing to admit it?

Users who are viewing this thread