• Total voters

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Place your vote above......

(It's gotta be Jimmy Hill for me!)

Last edited:

Marty

In my time, Eric Black, started going in the Ron Atkinson era. :facepalm:

Obviously not including the amazing JH & JS :)

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Sorry guys. I meant this as a poll (see changes above) :facepalm:

Houchens Head

Might do a poll for the worst ever aswell! :p

Ernie Machin

I'm going with big Snozzer, because I don't remember the Jimmy Hill era. No doubt Jimmy is the most important person in Cov history, but Sillett turned us into a decent side and inspired us to the cup. His sacking was an effing disgrace.

Houchens Head

I agree Ernie. But I'm old enough to remember those fantastic times under Jimmy, so he just edged it with my vote.

Houchens Head

Who the hell voted for Peter bloody Reid?? :pointlaugh:

Paxman II

The poll is quite simple: The Best City manager so whatever generation you are from you can't deny that our Jimmy is the outright unchallenged winner.
As I looked down that list however it was mind boggling how many terrible choices we have had for the job.
My goodness Terry Butcher, Phil Neal, Monkey Head Reid, Mc.Callister, 'in the third person' Adams and Coleman and it also must be said they have all but one been the ones that have presided over our Championship failure.
Gawd....it's terrible to be reminded!

Houchens Head

I started the poll from Jimmy Hill onwards because of the very reason you state, Pax. I wanted everyone of all era's to have a think, whether or not they remember "the good old days" or not. Some of our younger members may very well vote for the more recent managers.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ive voted for the best manager of the club in the time ive supported them (98 I think I started going regularly). Although most of our better times came along time before this, I cant really vote for someone ive only heard stories of! Now to the worst................... you'd think that wasnt difficult, however from 98 - present day, theres a few candidates :p

rob9872

John Sillett.

Too young to remember Hill, loved the players we had under Atkinson, Strachan era and the exciting play, Booby Gould was one of us, the rest pants really, some treated harsher than others, but Snoz and Curtis gave me my greatest ever day and did it all with a smile.

Tankie

Beyond Question!
For excitement, expectation, Goals and glory, then JH was simply the best, yes a sort of bearded Tina Turner, Jimmy along with Millionaire sky blue Fan, and chairman Derek Robins, Jimmy hill, led the City from obscurity to the back pages of every daily paper in the land, people refer to the Jimmy Hill revolution, and for the benefit of some of our younger posters, I can honestly say, "Trust me, believe everything about Jimmy, you read and hear, and then double it, J.H. is a legend in his own time, and I'm priveledged, and old enough, to have witnessed the magic he brought to Highfield road all those years ago.
Thanks Jim, the memories keep me going, through the Wilderness years.
Tankie.........:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's quite sad to think but Strachan gave me some of my best times watching the city. :(
Agreed, he built 2 very good footballing squads, He stayed one season to long.
However for sheer nostalgia and giving me my greatest City Moment Snoz and Curtis get my vote

Ernie Machin

I went with Sillett, but I don't begrudge Jimmy getting his dues, on his birthday of all days. The top 2 by a country mile.

Johnnythespider

Have gone for the Curtis/Sillet partnership, i know JH will win but i was'nt there for that ride. So it's the duo that bought us our first major trophy, and would have taken us into europe but for Heysel. Not sure things were the same when George stepped back into the shadows.

J

Jack Griffin

I voted for Sillett, after that for me it would be Hill but I'd like to give the late Noel Cantwell an honourable mention, somehow with very little money & a lot of luck he got us into Europe.

Great_Expectations

Jimmy Hill - well before my era but decades on and he still has unamimous fans support - that speaks for itself.

The legend of Jimmy Hill is ingrained into any SKy Blue fans upbrining. For my era probably EB purely as we were involved in some entertaining high scoring games.

dadgad

Cantwell was not the most popular but he was probably the best we've ever had.
He worked miracles keeping us up and then with limited budget he bought well.
His disciplined teams secured ten wins on the road and got us into Europe with our highest ever League position.
Hill and Sillett had more charisma but Cantwell was the best....easily.

redsox

Facebook User
JH for me, he worked wonders for us bringing us up the leagues and giving us an identity. We have had many good managers but we seem to get the worst out of them!!

Users who are viewing this thread