Best Food In Cov (1 Viewer)

Otis

Ever tried to get your dog in the bath? Yes, dog in bath is a phrase ;)
I only have to say the word 'bath' and the dog is off like a shot in the opposite direction.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
doesn't microwaved bacon smell like 'wet dog'?
That's a new one on me! I only use dry cured bacon. Bit more expensive but better than the cheap crap that's filled with water and when you cook it, horrible white gungy stuff comes away! Can't beat dry-cured! Another tip when cooking bacon (which ever way you choose), is snip the rind edge with scissors every inch or so. Just about a ¼" or so. This prevents the bacon "curling up". (An old tip from my lovely Irish Mam!) Oh, and try the slightest sprinkling of garlic salt on the bacon! Bloody lovely!

Houchens Head

I only have to say the word 'bath' and the dog is off like a shot in the opposite direction.
I don't blame him! I went there once and everywhere was closed! Right old dump!

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm a fan of food. Big fan. So much so, I'm a Jacamo shopper.

SHIN in priory place does the best Japanese food in any CV postcode. If you're a fan of ramen etc.

Korean BBQ place a couple of doors over is a bit of a let down to be honest. I was spoilt as I lived in Korea for a couple of years. They cheap out on the cuts of meat, and ever so slightly miss the mark.

Sausage Rolls up in Fargo Village is incredible, albeit a bit pricey.

I've enjoyed the digbeth dining visits to the cathedral, very good.

Falafel Corner is great if you ever had the pleasure of their hospitality and the falafels are incredible.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I roasted a joint of gammon yesterday and topped it with mustard and brown sugar

It was lovely just finished the last few slices with tiger bread and some ketchup

fernandopartridge

Best way to crisp bacon, retain its flavour and keep it flat is to cook it in the oven. Dip your bread in the fat on your baking tray if you fancy.

LastGarrison

I'm a fan of food. Big fan. So much so, I'm a Jacamo shopper.

SHIN in priory place does the best Japanese food in any CV postcode. If you're a fan of ramen etc.

Korean BBQ place a couple of doors over is a bit of a let down to be honest. I was spoilt as I lived in Korea for a couple of years. They cheap out on the cuts of meat, and ever so slightly miss the mark.

Sausage Rolls up in Fargo Village is incredible, albeit a bit pricey.

I've enjoyed the digbeth dining visits to the cathedral, very good.

Falafel Corner is great if you ever had the pleasure of their hospitality and the falafels are incredible.
We are in dire need of a Ukrainian pork fat restaurant.

skyblueinBaku

Is that similar to the polish stuff? They sell it in Lidl from time to time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There's a Bulgarian deli shop in our local town. We often buy decent salo there.

Otis

Does anyone rate Pizza Express? My parents insist on keep going there, but I just find their pizzas okay and yet vastly overpriced.

Sick Boy

Does anyone rate Pizza Express? My parents insist on keep going there, but I just find their pizzas okay and yet vastly overpriced.

Went into the one in Hove and were shown to a dirty table. We sat there for 15 minutes with staff walking by doing nothing. We eventually just walked out without anyone taking any kind of order.

fernandopartridge

Will only go if I've got a money off voucher (their special offers are constant which says a lot). I wouldn't pay the list price for it .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

No but vouchers mean you always pay half price on average. It’s like take away Pizza Hut - the price is never paid.

Otis

Used vouchers today, but was still £55 for the 4 of us. No starters, no desserts, 2 for 1 offer.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Went to Pizza Hut the Friday before last, haven't been to one since I was a kid, fantastic pizza, really shows how poor quality and chemical tasting dominos are!

Otis

Went to Pizza Hut the Friday before last, haven't been to one since I was a kid, fantastic pizza, really shows how poor quality and chemical tasting dominos are!
My daughter prefers Domino's. I much prefer Pizza Hut.

Really looking forwards to Basement Browns. Signage all up. Looks good to go. The one in Leamington has fabulous feedback and ratings.

Johnnythespider

I'm a snappy fan, I usually get a giant and a medium on offer for £18, easily enough for 4 of us.

Otis

They only have the one place now don't they? Used to be two, Foleshill Road and Spon End.

Gazolba

I am absolutely sure she will do your bacon exactly how you want it shmmeee! I know that's one of the things that they want to achieve, and that is customer satisfaction. If you want crispy bacon, just ask and she will do you crispy bacon! :)
But is the bacon and eggs 1 shilling and ninepence like it was in the Woolies cafeteria?

Houchens Head

My daughter prefers Domino's. I much prefer Pizza Hut.

Really looking forwards to Basement Browns. Signage all up. Looks good to go. The one in Leamington has fabulous feedback and ratings.
Am I the only person in the UK that absolutely can't stand bloody pizzas? They are the most over-rated crap on the market! A round slab of tasteless floury pastry with some sort of tomato ketchup spread over and topped off with salami or similar. And then these take-away have the nerve to charge a small fortune! Rip off!

Houchens Head

Ever tried to get your dog in the bath? Yes, dog in bath is a phrase ;)
I put all my "doggin'" equipment on Ebay. It hasn't sold yet, but I've got 27 watchers!

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread